MIA maiden mare pregnant for 2012 Mia Foaled Pinto Filly On 3/30/12

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
her udder is looking good but I would think her tummy will move a bit more forward.

IMAG0381.jpg

I too hope she foals for you before you have to go back to work. It's HECK trying to work all day and then watch at night. Even though Raven isn't here and I'm getting a TON more sleep than I would if she were, it's still exhausting! When you wake up so many times during the night, it's just not a good enough sleep to carry you through to day. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and for a healthy foal.

we are still waiting.I went back to work today.I was so nervous.My husband tried his best to work close to home to check on her. I pray she foals at night or after 6pm .Please pray all goes well

photos tonight. i shaved her stomach this weekend.

IMAG0421-1.jpg
she looks very loose in private area tonight. what you think?

IMAG0418.jpg
IMAG0419-1.jpg

IMAG0420.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
how is Mia doing? I just love your girl she is simply gorgeous!!! beautiful girl!!
thank you so much. I love this gal to :)She is farm raise here, she was born here.

Just a guess looking at your pictures, I would say a couple of weeks to go yet - do you have covering dates? (sorry if you have already posted them!) She's such a pretty mare - should give you a lovely foal!

She does look loose behind n being a maiden you never know what will happen brilliant lol puts your Ming so much more at ease... Not lol

But given the fact that she has been so text book about the whole thing I am thinking she should go textbook all the way!! Just my guess lol maybe another two weeks??

mia had me up all night still waiting. It has been pouring rain today, so she will mostly foal in bad weather who knows.

Thanks For information. I just worried because her dam foaled her at 308 days with no udder or nothing. I went outside one morning to feed her dam I saw laid down starting to have mia,she was foaling was due for another 3 weeks then. Mia is 314 days today.I know maiden mares don't always follow text book delivery.

mia today 314 days

My two studs were going crazy tonight for her dam who is due june 13. mia is in the same pasture as her mom i wonder if the studs are going crazy because mia is close to foaling. the studs act like a mare was in season, but both mares are in foal

IMAG0432-1.jpg

IMAG0429-1.jpg

IMAG0434-1.jpg

IMAG0430-1.jpg

Ideas on the studs? They may know something, but I'd be more inclined to think it's the unusual weather and they are feeling "spring" a bit early this year. I know my guys are. I'm ready to plan a gelding party.

Mia looks to be progressing at the right pace. She's elongated some it looks like.

Ideas on the studs? They may know something, but I'd be more inclined to think it's the unusual weather and they are feeling "spring" a bit early this year. I know my guys are. I'm ready to plan a gelding party.

Mia looks to be progressing at the right pace. She's elongated some it looks like.
thanks I been watching raven, very nice mare
default_smile.png
i wish i could have my mares on marestare, i trying to talk husband into cameras would be nice.if you had to guess on mia few days weeks months (lol)

she looks really good
default_smile.png
I would expect her to go maybe in a week or two? depends how quickly she gets that bagging done... she looks like she needs to V alot more aswell... just in my novice opinion lol.

I hope she foals soon!!

and yes talk to that hubby of yours!!!! it really is worth it! marestare or marewatchers is brilliant and give us so much peace of mind knowing such lovely people are watching while you are able to get some rest LOL

I hope you win with the camera thing LOL

I think your mare's udder will fill out some more, but with maidens, you never know! You're doing the right thing keeping the beeper on her. She'll foal eventually.
default_smile.png

Any updates today? she looks good and as soon as she fills those nipples she will go. (well if she has read the book)
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back