MIA maiden mare pregnant for 2012 Mia Foaled Pinto Filly On 3/30/12

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mia this morning

IMAG0481-1.jpg

IMAG0483.jpg

IMAG0484.jpg

IMAG0485.jpg

looks like v to me but not sure

IMAG0482.jpg

what you all think?She has some milke dripping now

She seems very close. The dripping milk is a GOOD thing! If you could try to get milk later today with help just to see how she tests. That last one was hard to read and maybe this one will get better. I am so sorry you were sick. I hope you are feeling better now.

I think if she had both colors match under the 95% it means foaling within 12 hours, and the fastest the colors turn to match the colors on the bottle the faster foaling will be. Melinda at Maple Hallow tested and it was at 85%.. we were thinking maybe that meant 24 hours but her mare foaled within a few hours of testing.. so if she is testing within foaling range she could go very soon!

Sorry to hear you are sick
default_sad.png
I hope you get better soon. she doesn't have a "v" yet so she needs to be outside so she can roll baby into place.

Sorry to hear you are sick
default_sad.png
I hope you get better soon. she doesn't have a "v" yet so she needs to be outside so she can roll baby into place.
she is outside 24 /7 she was in stall after eating

She seems very close. The dripping milk is a GOOD thing! If you could try to get milk later today with help just to see how she tests. That last one was hard to read and maybe this one will get better. I am so sorry you were sick. I hope you are feeling better now.

I think if she had both colors match under the 95% it means foaling within 12 hours, and the fastest the colors turn to match the colors on the bottle the faster foaling will be. Melinda at Maple Hallow tested and it was at 85%.. we were thinking maybe that meant 24 hours but her mare foaled within a few hours of testing.. so if she is testing within foaling range she could go very soon!
mia isn't want me to milk her today. I tired this morning she was very upset

I can't milk my mare unless I have my husband hold her lead line/halter and he feeds her pieces of apples I cut up for her. She doesn't even want me to touch her udder otherwise and will kick or stomp in protest. And after my hubby is out of apples she starts her usual protest. So maybe if you had help or gave her treats she will let you get enough to test? Hope she lets you since you have the strips. Good luck!

wow she has milk dripping some now. I am going to guess today or tonight we will see
default_smile.png

Yes! Dripping milk is very good! Keep us updated please!

mia udder tonight 3/29

IMAG0488-1.jpg

her private area is like Jello LOL

IMAG0487.jpg
See the milk dry on udder now

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like she's in a race with Laney! Keep watching her, as she could elongate quickly, and her udder is looking "ripe" for foaling. She's showing some puffiness, so baby is pressing. Looking very good -- keep a good watch on her. It really shouldn't be very long now!
praying she foals tonight
default_smile.png
what you think?

Looks like her udder went down a bit -- more "wrinkles" showing? Is that right? "Normally" -- and I say that word lightly -- the udder will not go up and down between morning and night. It will stay engorged, start feeling hard and sometimes "warm or hot" to the touch.

So, I'm thinking probably not tonight -- but you just NEVER know. So keep the eyes on her.
udder is bigger no smaller.her udder is warm to touch and engorged.Her udder has been engorged since last night

We praying for tonight :)Pray all goes well. Sent your prayers she is MAIDEN MARE.

Seems like she's in a race with Laney! Keep watching her, as she could elongate quickly, and her udder is looking "ripe" for foaling. She's showing some puffiness, so baby is pressing. Looking very good -- keep a good watch on her. It really shouldn't be very long now!
IF i had to guess I think Mia will foal before Lancey. Lancey has had four foals mia is maiden mare so her private area is alot tighter then Lancey.Mia udder is alot bigger then Lancey udder. Race in on LOL.

I agree I think Mia will foal before Laney. And Diane is right- If you haven't seen the red bag delivery video (in the Cam Links thread on the first post) watch it! I have watched it several times just to be prepared. Prayers!

mia foaling strip since she was dripping

IMAG0490.jpg

you can't see good in photo but top one is very RED IN color

Yes I have foaling stuff ready waiting on mia. I have watch the red bag delivery I will watch it again

That test looks like in foaling range to me
default_yes.gif

i wish i had cameras so you all could watch so i could sleep some lol. i have friend give me some cameras but they are wire we are trying to work out something for cameras.We have septic tank it is hard to run under ground wires

That test looks like in foaling range to me
default_yes.gif
do you have foaling strips?This is my first year to use foaling strips. Mia has a foaling alarm on.Years without foaling alarms those without them I would highly wish you all get foaling alarms they are great

Yes, I won a pack of them on the LB forum playing the fishing game. Laney doesn't have much milk but I have tested her the other day and she was not in foaling range. I am so glad to have the camera up because I would not be able to sleep at night.

Yes, I won a pack of them on the LB forum playing the fishing game. Laney doesn't have much milk but I have tested her the other day and she was not in foaling range. I am so glad to have the camera up because I would not be able to sleep at night.
what type of camera you have wire or wireless ?what brand?where you get it?

I also won the foaling strips for fishing game thanks to CINDY
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back