Mary's Pregnancy & Foaling Thread- SHE FOALED 5/22~~~FILLY~~~!!! New PICS pg 56

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow the site looks great! I'm sure he will recover very well
default_smile.png
he is lovely
default_smile.png

now what was Mary's PH?

You know Ben, don't you, boy parts and paint jobs take extra time.
So, explain my breeding stock Paint mare that was cooked 360 days...
default_whistling.gif
default_wink.png

Here she is the last time I rode her, about 4 years ago:

Hayley - sept 30, 2008 - saddled good.jpg

And, the saddle is NOT hiding any white (the face white and leg white is all she has). [she's by a nearly white medicine hat stallion.]

The incision is really looking good! And he seems to be in the best spirits- not bothered at all.

I'm sure it doesn't hurt that he got a new 'crib' today- a new crate with a heated bed to keep him relaxed. He loves it.

I have yet to test her pH again since this morning when it was still reading a 6.8.

Her udder has come back to the size it was yesterday, and everything else is about the same.

I'll test her pH when I make my final trip out to the car and let you guys know! I'm kind of excited for another night of camping out!

I'm definitely going to be watching Strawberry tonight- I sure hope she foals!

Here are some pictures I took about an hour ago.

b0e372f5.jpg

a1d29bbd.jpg

8c783e78.jpg

That's all the pics you get for tonight- she was not being very cooperative and I didn't feel like fussing with her. I'll check pH in about an hour and let you all know!
default_smile.png

WOW! Udder a "go".......................belly a "go".......................I wouldn't take my eyes off her. Even though she could elongate more, she could do that in a matter of minutes/hours............YOU are going to have a baby VERY soon I'd guess!!!!!

Just keep an eye out for some uncomfortable behaviors.....pacing, not laying down much, or going up and down and up and down. Usually, when they don't "rest" you know they are moving forward and getting it ready!
That is what I've been wanting to hear- I didn't think her hooha is ready, and I didnt know it could elongate in a matter of hours. When she lays down it does get a lot more relaxed though.

She normally lays down some through the night- but last night I didn't notice her laying down at all. She did some more rolling today too- hopefully got that baby in position! Maybe she is preparing....

I'm going to be watching her all night! Might try and pull an all nighter- my brother is going to be here all day tomorrow so I could sleep while he does day watch.

Anyways....I'll be back soon with a pH for you all! I'm excited to know what it is, but I'm gonna give it another half hour for changing haha
default_smile.png

So, explain my breeding stock Paint mare that was cooked 360 days...
default_whistling.gif
default_wink.png
Maybe they couldn't get the paint quite right so ended up just primering her back over and covering her over with red?!
default_whistling.gif

Pretty girl .... love her face.

It was the explanation I got for Zakky going 365 days last year....boy parts and the custom paint job.

Wow progress on Mary! She turned up the oven, special just for you, while you were on the road getting Murphy ...

default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Well SOMEONE should have had a talk with her momma! Waiting that long for a minimal just isn't fair -- and then a filly to boot!!
default_biggrin.png
Isn't it funny how you can just never predict what you're going to get. She's a beautiful horse though -- even without all the loud color.
default_aktion033.gif

Did you ever repeat that breeding??
Thank you. And, no I didn't. I bred the mare, and moved out of state less than a month later, and then after a couple years of breeding the stallion was gelded (wasn't "tall" enough for the local mare owners, so didn't get much service).

And, here's her AQHA half-sibling brother (same AQHA dam, different sires):

Rebel - Oct 2, 2008 - 2.jpg

He got as much, if not more chrome than she did.
default_rolleyes.gif

Maybe they couldn't get the paint quite right so ended up just primering her back over and covering her over with red?!
default_whistling.gif

Pretty girl .... love her face.

It was the explanation I got for Zakky going 365 days last year....boy parts and the custom paint job.

Wow progress on Mary! She turned up the oven, special just for you, while you were on the road getting Murphy ...
Thank you. I think she's lovely. Now I just need to get off my rear and get back to riding. I haven't in like 4 years, so my two saddle horses are: one green-broke and one barely started.
default_whistling.gif

Ya just never know do ya?

Guess that's why they say if you want a horse with a certain color and particular markings you're

better off to go buy it than try to breed for it.

Breeding is such a crap shoot.

Ben, how did we go with the Ph test? as Diane, said do not take your eyse off her... won't be long now!

with her not lying down much, I noticed the few nights before Suzie had Finn, she was hardly lying down at all...
default_smile.png
sound like its all systems go from here on! yippee

Cassie (&everyone else) her pH was 6.8 at 10:00 here, which was an hour ago.

Her milk is coming out like never gmbefore, very easily. Not very sticky, but more sticky than before. Still slightly amber colored.

She is standing in her stall right now doing nothing. Haha
default_smile.png

I'll update through the night!

(I'm running out of strips, down to like 1/4 of one strip- so I'm gonna have to send my brother for some pool testing strips tomorrow!

You might not need any new strips tomorrow Ben!!!

She's looking about ready to go - good luck!!

So glad to see Murphy home again - what a huge incision - but it looks great. Will be adding him to my prayer list for a steady and complete recovery, bless him.
default_yes.gif

Good luck Ben Ill have to check in on Monday to see the baby
default_smile.png
Prayers for a safe foaling...good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
No baby! At least not for me, but I got to see a foal delivered last night anyway!
default_smile.png

Almost as good as if it was Mary herself! Haha
default_smile.png
ALMOST.

Going back out (had to come in from the car and eat some breakfast) to watch over her and take her pH again. Will let you all know!

pH still 6.8, I know I've said this before but I swear it is a light colored 6.8, more like a 6.6. Hopefully it is dropping!

I was just looking at the weather and today is going to be the last decent day we will get for at least another week. Tomorrow is supposed to be cloudy, tomorrow night rainy, and then rain from then on out.
default_sad.png

I wanted her to have the baby in warm, nice weather like it was this entire week!! But it looks like she is holding out for rainy weather. I may have to buy a foal blanket now!

My brother brought home some pool pH test strips- I definitely don't trust them, I'm going to stick with what the foaltime strips say.

Foaltime says 6.8, the pool strips say 7.2. Huh?

Unfortunately I am down to 1/8 of a foaltime strip (I totally wasted the first five by not ripping into smaller pieces) so I only have one or maybe two more tests I can do with them.

I'm going to wait until dinner time to test again, I will let you know.

Mary was laying down not flat out for about fifteen minutes, then rolled to her side and slept for another fifteen. 11:40-12:10

Now she has been walking around for a minute, now standing in the corner switching her back feet and trying to rest it seems. 12:25

I'm glad I got to watch strawberry last night and see how a mare behaves before foaling. Gave me some confidence, and now I really do think we are close with Mary. (but watch me be wrong and her hold out for another couple weeks.

Latest posts

Back