LYN - HOW DID IT GO YESTERDAY?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=14pt]What are breeders saposed to do when a person that is brand new to horses buys a mini? If they cant even tell them how much to feed, without getting in trouble, how is ANYONE saposed to learn about there horses, and know how to take care of them?????[/SIZE]

RRRRRR

I don't usually give advice but right now I would like to advise the pathetic people who are attacking you to GET A LIFE !!! JMO
aktion033.gif

[SIZE=14pt]An explanation to the newbies, (well sort of).[/SIZE]

There was a hot topic discussed here on the forum a little more than a year ago which is now know of as "THat which is not spoken OF". A few of us had a negative opinion of that issue and freely voiced that. The people involved in said topic took offense, lied to us and about us, and then filed a law suit against us. Because that suit has not been ruled on yet over a year later, we are not allowed to speak of "That which is not spoken of" lest we make matters worse. These same people sent us threatening letters in the past warning us that they would do more and so they have. The results are these complaints against me.

Most of the rest of you are probably safe posting what you want to and need to. If you have questions that I think I can help will I will PM you if that is ok. The only bad part about that is that you will be the only one who sees it and others cant also learn from the thread.

Please know that this is also upsetting to Mary Lou who pours her lifes blood into this forum to benefit the miniature horse world. We appreciate her more than we can ever express for having the knowledge and ability to build this site for us and to the Internet guru you know who you are who keeps it going and to Mona and Carol for keeping us in line. Thank you all. Your time has not been wasted.

Lyn

lyn_j said:
[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]To my forum family, do not make any recomendations about breeding, feeding, vetting worming or even wether a horse has dwarf characteristics or not as these are the threads they pulled as far as practicing vet medicine without a license.

Their vet has said these things that I have comented on threaten the lives of inocent horses. IF they get upset with any of you for any reason they can use your posts against you in a complaint.

Lyn

475768[/snapback]

[SIZE=14pt]HooooEeeee.... I had to eat some Special Dark Chocolate before posting. [/SIZE]

Edit... Edit.... Edit.... Deep Breaths.

OK, first I want to say Lyn, honey, we've got your back.

It is so unfair that you are being through this, and that you have obviously been personally targeted.

I wonder how many horses' lives have been saved because of this board and the members like Lyn. One of mine for sure. Had it not been for LB, I would not have been able to get Sassy to the vet on time. Maybe we should start a new thread and try to get some sort of count?

I vow to continue to exercise my RIGHT to FREE SPEECH, here on this board, and everywhere I go. And this nonsense will NOT scare me away, and I will have the <ahem> GUTS to not be a lurking TROLL.

Yikes, need more chocolate.

[SIZE=14pt]Okay okay okay...[/SIZE]

I really just read the first couple posts. I'm burning mad. It infuriates me that someone wants to dictate to us what we can say and act as if we aren't entitled to share our opinions!!! WHEN WE ARE ASKED FOR OUR OPINIONS IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?!

The one thing I'm thankful for is that I don't know the ___________ (and I'm thinking of the last name, but also there are other words that would fit) in person or have to put up with their BS on a one on one level. What miserable people they must be.

It just goes to show my Dad is right, there are more horses a**es in the world than there are horses!!!!!!!!
aggressive.gif

Ok bring it on. Thems fightin words. Last time I looked this was America and we have the freedom of speech. I will continue to be helpful and supportive to any and all individuals who come here to directly to me for advice or information. I will not change the way I am or who I am for anyone be it legalese or govt or anything. How dare they!

I have and will continue to express myself here, I do add the "I am not a vet, nutritionist etc" but this is a forum and a forum is for INFORMATION!!!

As for the felony bull#@@#.... folks have been doing their own shots for years....gimme a break. That would constitute a felony on the vet selling them too and alot do...what about the companies that sell the vaccines to US.....that's baloney plain and simple.

Hugs Lyn.
wub.gif

Lyn, please try and see that the board reads these messages. It will prove to them that we are a colony of people that asks and gives advice to each other. It does not mean that advice is taken, just that it was given in the spirit of experience and love for the little horse. Most of us do just that, ask for advice, then take it to our vet and asked that he "rule" on it one way or another!

[SIZE=14pt]The investigator now does. She even has a foroum id. I also printed the threads questioned for her to take to the board. I am hoping they will see this for what it really is and THEM for who they really are.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Just Us N Texas said:
Lyn, please try and see that the board reads these messages.  It will prove to them that we are a colony of people that asks and gives advice to each other.  It does not mean that advice is taken, just that it was given in the spirit of experience and love for the little horse.  Most of us do just that, ask for advice, then take it to our vet and asked that he "rule" on it one way or another!
475889[/snapback]

Well said, and I know that many of us have called our veterinarians based on things we have learned here - examples being dwarfism, respiratory and eye ailments I have consulted my own veterinarian on for her expert advice - we have used her services for years and she has been very good to me and my horses. I know in my experience, sometimes it is good to be able to talk to someone else who has gone through something... even when the end is sad (like my Liberty's demise), there is something to be learned for all of us by sharing.

Since we have foaled a number of mares here over the years and have had some good dystocias, when we brought a colt to Cornell to be gelded and my son was expressing an interest in veterinary medicine, the 4th year veterinary student overseeing my colt's case had told us that we have seen a lot more foalings than she had and she had not had the opportunity to correct them as I have. She told me I was giving my son a valuable education here that they don't see enough in vet school. Granted, that was one student's opinion but I know from what our veterinarian has told us, we have had some interesting stuff go down here over the past 3 years.

Lyn, my support to you. I hope that everything works out in your favor.

Maybe one thing we can do here is to specify if we are not a veterinarian in our posts...AOL had that as part of their terms of service for participating on their message boards.

Denise

Silversong Farm

(definitely not a vet)

Hi Lyn-

First I want to say that I'm sorry your put in this situation. It's an ugly situation put on by obviously very sick vindictive people. These people are not the norm.
no.gif
I have been on this board many years, I "lurk" every day having my morning coffee. Haven't posted much lately as I feel it seems to be a popularity contest.

I just wanted to let you know that we are behind you. This is a forum. Advise is given. Anyone with half a brain knows if you post a question you will get varying responses and recomendations. You are to gather information and make a knowledeable decision on your own. I myself have over 25 years experience with horses and have given advise on this forum..... it is unbelievable to me that I could get in serious trouble for giving advise. What has this world come to. I wish you the best..........
wink.gif

[SIZE=14pt]I could just cry. When I found this forum, it was not only people who would sometimes listen, but experience shared. I have asked many questions and received many answers. I have a mind and a vet and with the advice and the other two ingredients, I could make an informed decision. Since when is being informed not allowed? If you wrote an editorial in the paper it would be allowed. I have learned about so many wonderful things here. I am sorry that a few sour grapes have to ruin it for the whole bunch. Unlike many, I live in a state with maybe three well known breeders and some who dabble, I need all the education and life experience I can get. I honestly and truely appreciate all help, advice and information I have gained here. I sincerely appreciate all who post and those who post Honestly (Lyn). I also appreciate the fact that we have this forum to come to and the people who work so hard on it. Thanks to all and Lyn-- Go get 'em girl! I pray that those of you causing this trouble will see what it means to others of us on here. I assume that you initially didn't come here to cause trouble, you must have at one time also relished in the help and information given here. Why ruin something over hurt feelings? Please just give it a rest and find another place to go if this one isn't for you. I can't imagine anyone being so bored as to having to read a forum they don't like just to cause trouble. Remember that when you least expect it you may need someone and hopefully it isn't somone you stabbed in the back. [/SIZE]

Isn't good to know that so many people know who these people are and what kind of people they are? Mean spirited and foolish is how they appear to me.

Ir's sad that they are here at all.

For them to find that charges do need to be brought up against you and for this to go to court is a waste of time and money. The courts are already back logged and the real criminals are running around waiting in that long line for their day in court without a care while THIS is going on? Something is drastically wrong. If they should in some way succeed with their mission, the courts will be full of frivolous spiteful suits instead of REAL CRIMES. Personally that is not how I want my tax dollars spent, he said---she said. Assanine. If you don't like what your reading------GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Lyn,

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. You have always been there and been so supportive and helpful to everyone!

Your 25 years of horse expertise and knowledge has been a godsend for many of the people that are on the forum.

Hugs and prayers for you as you deal with this. Just remember there are a lot of people that care and will be here for you!!

I agree with barnbum and I quote: "Gracious, I think the courts have 2 options: convict us all, or leave us alone!"

qtrrae said:
I agree with barnbum and I quote:  "Gracious, I think the courts have 2 options: convict us all, or leave us alone!"
476021[/snapback]

I agree too. If Lyn is found guilty of anything here, then there are many of us who should also be investigated.

MA

Well I have to say, the more I read of this, the more I suspect some disgruntled vets, that would like to see more of us running "blindly" to them every time we have a small concern, rather than putting our heads together and solving some of our own problems. Otherwise this really doesent add up very well.

I have been thinking the same thing Margaret. Usually it is vets that object to their work being taken away from them. I know many would rather owners not even give vaccines to their animals. I am fortunate to have a good vet close by that just encourages good health and has taught me so very much. I wou

ld guess that many people will have to refer to books and vet sites for info. if it is against the law to give any vet information to another person. Sad this has happened when intentions were so good.
sad.gif

Margaret said:
Well I have to say, the more I read of this, the more I suspect some disgruntled vets, that would like to see more of us running "blindly" to them every time we have a small concern, rather than putting our heads together and solving some of our own problems. Otherwise this really doesent add up very well.
476037[/snapback]

Last edited by a moderator:
OK bring it on! I hope the complaintants, investigator and whole world reads this!!

I'm an old lady! My husband is an old man...we don't have a bunch of mini people we hang around with as we live too far from any hubs of mini activity.

My little grand daughter is handicapped, missing one arm, Turners Syndrome and Hypotonia. We bought our minis so she can enjoy the horse world more on HER level! ( feel free to jump on me for relating medical information!)
biggrin.gif

Our MAIN and almost all information on the care of and enjoyment of Miniature horses for us is through this wonderful forum which includes people from ALL over the world with collectivly hundreds of years of experience!

Many vets in outlaying areas don't deal with minis, nor do farriers etc and spontanious advice on the spot can and does save horses lives!

I for one don't plan to change a bloody thing! What I've learned these past 45 yrs knowing horses, (I'm 64) I plan and will share with anyone I choose! Don't like it? Stay off the forum!

How dare you , any of you challange MY freedom of speach!

I pity you who did this and I pray for a good outcome for Lyn in this ridiculous matter!

Maxine

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]The complaints have signatures. I know who the people are and they are NOT vets.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Soooo, I guess if we can't speak of, well, really anything, what's the point of a forum? I go to a few other forums for my draft horses and other mini forums and I'm not seeing this problem there, yet. I am so sorry there are such nasty, BORED, people out there that have nothing to do but SPIN TALES! Do we need Bill O'Reilly to make this a NO SPIN ZONE???? I guess that at some point in time these vengeful people will find someone else to pick on and will drift away from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back