Late November foal, or will she pop in Jan 2008??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kylie

I think you are safe to assume she took on the later breeding date, LOL

However, watch her closely as with these little ones, I consider anything over 300 days fair game. My common length of gestation around here is 330 but...I have had a 310 all the way to a 347.

Just keep watching her bag, it is progressing nicely and you should be able to express something from them as well. When those teats are full like little marshmallows and you get cloudy to white milk, you will have a baby.

Keep us posted!

Ever since I first started reading this thread in late November, I've had a theory. Understand, I don't breed horses, so I really don't know what I'm talking about, but here goes. . . .

I think Rayne "took" on the first breeding in December, either for real or a false pregnancy. She then "slipped" it (don't know where I learned that term) in late Jan/early Feb. That would make her "not normal" heat in Feb. in effect, her foal heat. That would make batchelor #2 the daddy, ane her due date. . .

OK Rayne! I've stuck my neck out! That's your cue to make me look foolish!

I just hope all goes well when she does finally go.

Merry Christmas, and all happiness in the new year.

Last edited by a moderator:
She can go anytime at 311. I have a mare here that goes 318, that is her pattern, so another 7 days and that brings us to NEW YEAR'S!!!!!
default_birthday.gif

Nah! She's going to wait till Dec. 28th to foal, which means I can count the new baby as my Birthday present and she/he can come live with me right!?!?! :love
default_birthday.gif
default_please.gif
default_wub.png
default_488.gif
default_biggrin.png

LOL!

Nah, IM going to horse-knap the foal AND the mare!
default_yes.gif

LOL, take her, just return the foal if its a black tobiano filly.
default_wink.png
Hahaha.

Thanks everyone.
default_saludando.gif

Well its 42 degrees here today (summer), the poor girl isnt liking this heat.... pity i couldnt bring her inside, pop her under the air-con.

She hasnt got milk yet, but i can express a watery yellow/clear liquid, however, have been able to since mid Nov.

Ok, so bring on Jan 26th, lol, well either side of that date.
default_aktion033.gif

I want her to foal on MY B-Day!!

I dont think she can wait till September!
default_sad.png

When you said 42 degrees. My thought was "and it is summer there?" I thought "oh man thats cold". Then I realized you go by c and we go by F in degrees and that is a big difference. Also I can't convert the two. I hope she has that baby soon.

When you said 42 degrees. My thought was "and it is summer there?" I thought "oh man thats cold". Then I realized you go by c and we go by F in degrees and that is a big difference. Also I can't convert the two. I hope she has that baby soon.

Its now 47 degrees Celsius.

47 degree Celsius = 116.6 degree Fahrenheit.

Today pics.

Her tummy is very funny shaped.

Kneeling at her level.

new_26thdec3.jpg

Standing up.

new_26thdec4.jpg

Kneeling at her level.

new_26thdec2.jpg

Standing up.

new_26thdec.jpg

new_26thdec1.jpg

hhpminis, its very dry here but occassionally its humid, atm its dry but yesty was very humid.

Wow! She sure is changing shape!!

Obviously she will foal tomorrow (27th) - MY BRITHDAY
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
- or the next day (28th) - G/SON'S BIRTHDAY!!

Such a shame she didn't have a Christmas Day baby, but the 27th will do
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Anna

default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
You're gonna have a baby REAL soon!! With that tummy I'd say the next 24-48 hours (course she'll probably prove me wrong AGAIN)
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

Holy Crap!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Shes gonnd explode!!
default_biggrin.png

Just over 4 wks till her next due date.

Will she hold off till then or is her tummy shape, too advanced?

Im just soo confused now, she's exactly half between overdue (5 wks) & not yet due (4 & a bit wks), lol, also last pregnancy she never went V shaped in the tummy at all.
default_rolleyes.gif
default_yes.gif

It almost looks like she could have some waxing on the tip of teets, I'm I wrong. I think my guess was the last week in Dec., come on girl!

Once she foals we will have to have daily foal pictures
default_wub.png

Kylie, do you know her exact breeding date?

I had a mare bag up two months early last year, and her bag filled up past the underside and bulged even out her back side long before she foaled....

The day she finally did foal, she had a stream of clear yellow stuff hanging from one of her teats..

It almost looks like she could have some waxing on the tip of teets, I'm I wrong. I think my guess was the last week in Dec., come on girl!

Once she foals we will have to have daily foal pictures
default_wub.png

No wax im afraid.

Her milk is still clear honey coloured, not sticky neither.

Have got the alarm off her now, battery dead & no shops open today to get a spare, this 1 didnt last very long, 3 days.

Kylie, do you know her exact breeding date?

I had a mare bag up two months early last year, and her bag filled up past the underside and bulged even out her back side long before she foaled....

The day she finally did foal, she had a stream of clear yellow stuff hanging from one of her teats..
Hi there.

Yes, 16th Dec 2006 & then went in with the stallion 17th/18th Feb 2007.

Rayne's been bagged up approx 8/8.5 wks, whereas, going by her past pregnancies, she's not following the "norm" (for her).

She even has her previous owner stumped.

Dont get me wrong, i dont mind waiting those 4 wks but when she's getting close to foaling & all her regular changes are different, its confusing.

I've been updating her Pregnancy Card for future reference, incase she does this again.
default_yes.gif

She is making progress and it appears that the foal is moving into position. Have you noticed yet that from the back and front her sides are much less wide yet?

I would not say imminent but you just might have a baby that turns a yearling at 1 or 2 days old.

You are doing all you can do. Watch her milk. It will get real honey like and thick and sticky and then it will turn cloudy. If I had to guess I would say about a week but, mares dont read the books.

Her bag is a bit fuller than the last pictures so sooner or later she will have a baby.

Latest posts

Back