Kaykay's Flirt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
she is sleeping all the time now! I have never seen a horse lay down and/or sleep this much. Shes not showing any labor signs at the moment but was kicking and digging again this morning. Its so muddy and wet here and more storms on the way so shes going to stay in today.

I have noticed that's what flirt always does. That is her favorite thing to do. She is like a cat that sleeps 16 hours a day. Or was it 18 hours? lol. Anyway keep us updated on how she is doing.

I'm noticing that the baby is really kicking hard today. But who knows it'll happen when we least expect it. Oh well just keep on waiting!! :lol:

jessica you are so right!! baby has been moving really hard. supposed to have some really big storms tonight around 2 am. So while all of you are peacefully sleeping i will still be watching flirt LOL. I look like this all the time now :new_shocked: we should rename that mare stare eyes

Lying like a poor fat beached whale
default_sad.png
I bet she'll have it before March breack
default_yes.gif
:

Did she have her baby? I can`t tell there is to much fuzz on there to see anything??????

Good luck Flirt, hope all goes well for you.....

no baby
default_sad.png
the storms are messing up the cam. its been storming all night and still no foal. I think i will put bailey in with her today for some company. I hate keeping her in but dont dare put her out in the mud and rain because for sure she would then foal LOL. so if you see another pregnant mare its bailey visiting her buddy.

fyi bailey only has one eye. just didnt want anyone wondering why her head looks odd from the eyeless side
default_smile.png

Thanks for the update. Here in NH we have a winter storm warning coming in for later today through the night. I will check out the cam when I get home tonight. Work will not allow us to open up live cams here...oh well.

Flirt is out playing right now as shes been in due to rain. Nothing new to report darn it!!
default_sad.png

Shes still kicking her belly alot and has a big udder but still no changes in her vulva. Tried to get a milk sample yesterday but no luck there.

thanks for asking!!

I'm glad to hear she's out playing while we've all been glued to our screens watching her.
default_rolleyes.gif
: Just don't turn your back on her while she's out there--this could be the chance she's been waiting for!

Kay I am still watching my 4 mares all the signs but no foals yet.I know how you feel. :new_shocked:

yep im watching. unfortunately the drama queen has been doing this for days. im going to pull my hair out

LOL mona!! that is exactly how i feel!!! And you guys know me im a worrier so now i worry that the foal is getting huge. hubby is out feeding so maybe youll see him on cam. Im so tired so hes giving me a break
default_smile.png

:bgrin We had a mare do this last year...Drives you crazy! One thing's for sure, you're not alone in the frustration. :ugh:

:lol: I keep pulling up Flirt's cam whenever I'm on the computer. Maybe we can both have St. Pat's babies! :bgrin

Edited: When was her 1st due date? I'm sorry, it's Saturday, not up for math.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought she took on her first breeding because she was so huge and bagged so early so that was early March. Now we know her due date is April 3rd. She started bagging up on Feb 3!! I have never ever had a maiden bag up that early. Normally i have observed that all my other mares foaled 30 days after they started bagging. But that just didnt work with the drama queen.

Bailey is also due April 3! But shes just starting to bag up.

both of these girls are normally the sweetest mares in the pasture and both have turned into major meanies (trying to be nice LOL)

i always use 330 days. now flirt is shetland/mini so i asked the pony breeders and they also said to use 330.

She has looked depressed the last couple days. Poor baby. She was out all day yesterday and still just kinda moped around the pasture and was mean to everyone.

now im out of straw dang it. I shoulda known it was to early to use straw lol

Well if anything this has been a learning experience. I now know all about maiden mares and all the signs of foaling (or should i say not foaling LOL).
default_smile.png

April 3rd will hopefully come fast! :lol:

Latest posts

Back