Kaykay's Flirt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kay, I think I see the hole you were talking about in her stall now that someone's in there cleaning. The silly mare thought she was a bird and needed a nest!
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
kyle is out doing chores:) and yes now you can finally see how deep the hole is! And notice how its almost the exact same size as her body?? This is what she lays in and when she stands she puts her back legs in the hole and her front legs on the outside. So funny!

Flirt is just like my Silver thankfully I left her open this year she's had 3 babies and starts acting like she's having it that night one month prior. It is ridiculous and her first baby was 3 weeks late! However to this day her first was the best she had an awesome filly that was undefeated in her yearling year. This year she'll be 3 so I'm excited about it. I think the longer you wait the better it is lol I hope it's true for you!
default_yes.gif
: still :lol: lol

Had to dig this thing out but...
default_unsure.png
: is Flirt ok? She was laying dead flat. I honestly thought she was dead. She just put her head back up and looks uncomfy.

How was she earlier today?

thanks so much for asking! we finally have the cam fixed so that it wont go off everytime it rains (which has been all day for days now) we finally figured out it was a bad connector that got wet.

Flirt has been really uncomfortable for 2 days now. Last night she fooled quite a few of us and we thought it was going to BE THE NIGHT. I was so sure that around 4 am i got up and got dressed and put my shoes on lol.

She has very soft manure again and is just generally grouchy and uncomfortable. She is a drama queen for sure.

Bailey is fast catching up so Im really hoping flirt foals soon so i can get bailey on cam

Come on Flirt! Make your mommas life easier and foal tonight a healthy Filly
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

I'm sorry - some of you seem to be under the impression Flirt is a horse????

Well, I am here to tell you she is not.

She is a very rare example of the lesser Pinto Pygmy Elephant, and, as all pachyderms she has a gestation of 24 months.

So...get your popcorn in now you are in for a long wait!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look at the difference now in Flirt's hip. She is now laying with her hip higher then before.

Here is a picture from February 25th with her side laying and her hip is flat.

30373735_2007-02-25_05-00-00.jpg

And here is a picture from this morning. Notice her hip is held higher up.

30373735_2007-03-24_05-30-26.jpg

Fran

thanks fran! i noticed that too. also when you compare the pics you can see the foal has moved much lower and isnt bulging out the side as much as it was in feb.

Jane you so crack me up! she has to foal eventually right??

wish i could get a pic of her udder. never seen a maiden bag this big and not foal

Wow....every time I see this thread pop up...Im thinking she FINALLY foaled, but nope...still waiting!! Im with Jane on this one...LOL!!! :lol:
default_rolleyes.gif
: :new_shocked:
default_wacko.png
:

she has to foal eventually right??
You're not alone. We've got a mare here thats driving us crazy waiting. :ugh: I'm praying for both of us!

:saludando: add me to the list! my jennet is due "sometime in March" per her prior owner, by history foals a week or so after she drops and gets a HUGE udder. well she dropped THREE WEEKS AGO but still has hardly any udder... and we are fast running out of March. :ugh: like you Kay i need her out of that pen so i can get the next one in... :eek: however our weather just changed drastically for the worse so now i am hoping she will hold on to it for a few more days
default_wacko.png
:

and LindaL i agree with you, every time i see this thread pop up i think there will be baby pictures :new_shocked:

Oh, I feel your anxiousness... my Modern mare took forever to foal...she let Nefertiti cook for 351 days and that was "short" for her....

Hope you have a healthy baby to cuddle soon...

Watching all you expectant "grandmas and grandpas" and your adorable foals makes me wonder if I could breed my girls again....I had so much trouble for a few years but everyone's foals are cute! Don't think I could, though and not having a stallion makes that so easy!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Maybe that is why I bought two Morgan foals...they are almost yearlings..... :eek: And Neffie is still a baby to me!

Denise

Silversong Farm

im laughing so hard reading this. this mare has worn me out! Okay im almost positive shell foal tonight. Why?? Because I did something to my right eye and its swollen and watering and hurts like crazy. Cant wear my contacts so had to run to walmart and get my glasses fixed. So yep I figure shell foal tonight while im half blind LOL. So if you see me in the stall yes thats me with glasses. *no one has ever seen me in glasses as I hate them*

And she is finally progressing in the vulva dept. Its very long now and hugely swollen. So pls think good thoughts for us! Im praying so hard we have an easy delivery.

I hadnt posted it before but we just lost Tinys foal a couple weeks ago. I was so upset couldnt even talk about it. It was a stunning colt approx 9 months gestation. For some reason the placenta detached and the foal died.(we found her with the placenta all the way out and then had the vet come and pull the foal) Really broke my heart so I really need something good to happen
default_smile.png

Shes out playing right now enjoying the first day without rain in 3 days.

Mares are ridiculous I'm watching mine right now I would have thought Flirt would foal before mine!lol But I think not,I swear it is a mental thing as soon as you are not watching,they foal. The mare that's close for me right now has had 2 and I missed them both! Because at that single moment I wasn't watching I either just left or just coming in to check. But I know that her body can't wait she has a foal every year at 315 days so it depends on which day she took. I wish Flirt was that easy to determine. Did she watch you install the camera. LOL!! I thought she would have it when the camera got fuzzy. Oh well got to go check on mine.LOL TTYL
default_poke.gif
: :ugh: come on girls!

P.S. Sorry for your loss,I know how hard it is,I hope things start to go better for you.

Just peeked at Flirt -- her belly looks like a big V today -- not sure if it is just her angle in the stall vs camera and my dialup line.

Come on momma :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
:

shes definitely changed shape again. im waiting a bit before i let her out. just went out and she has tons of cow patties in the stall. Ill be going out in a minute to scoop but had to come and get the dang phone.

I'm so sorry to hear about Tiny's foal. :no: Hopefully Flirt will have a healthy foal really soon so you can get some rest! :bgrin

Latest posts

Back