Kandi Land Minis - "Babe" EDA -4/15ish, Maiden

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_ohnoes.jpg
Mindy's mare had that raised look the day before she foaled

Yes, He was making fun of us. I think he was mortified even calling it that... he paused just before he said it!
default_smile.png

Like I said, I would swear this mare isn't even preggo if I didn't see and feel movement! Sunday it was a BIG side to side baby... now this!

She is making me crazy. Can't wait to send her off and just wait for the phone call! If I could be at home or even close enough to check on her I would feel better!

What time are you taking her tomorrow? Will be able to watch her on cam?

I have to ask her if she has "Marestare" I know she has them on camera, but i don't know about the feed... I will check.

I am taking her at 7:30 AM PST

Just out of curiosity... just how high into her back is normal for this baby to get. Wyatt just sent me these, said Babe has been laying down a lot today.

Babe4-4.png

babe4-42.png

I think we need some udder and hooha shots, these are really hard to see. Can you stand her against a dark background?

Well, I took Babe to the foaling barn today and Pam showed me that she is definitely pregnant. We sat and watched the babe roll around for about 10 minutes. She said based on the breeding dates (she was also the breeder) she thinks we have about 3 - 4 weeks to go. Baby is definitely up high. Pam said she is just a classic maiden mare.

Fingers crossed for a healthy baby!

I am so glad she arrived safely and on time, 3-4 weeks is perfect for her to settle in
default_smile.png
Did you find out if we can help watch her ?

Great news - it sounds as though you planned her move just perfectly.
default_yes.gif

I dont think she's carrying her baby that high, she looks just perfect for a maiden mare. Good luck and keep us informed as to her progress please.

Well, no viewing of foaling camera available for us.
default_sad.png

How do you get a horse on mare stare? Or, is there another way to get the camera feed online?

I know she has the horses under camera and has monitors both at home and in her tack store about a mile away. I want to see here at work and in the evenings!
default_sad.png

Oh, no changes in Babe, she settled in and made it well known that she prefers people to other horses there!

Will you be going over regularly to visit? If so perhaps you could take some pics then, just to keep us updated?

If she has her on cam already all she needs is internet. You can go through:

Marestare (which is the most expensive) for $30 x month (minimal 3 months) (can watch from iphones)

Marewatcher for $ 50 x year

Ustream free

Showcase streaming for $20 monthly (can watch from iphones)

I will be going over every Friday to see her. She is about 30 miles from my house and the opposite way from my office so I will be limited to weekly visits.

I will take pictures every Friday and post them.

I am going to see what we can do about getting a feed!!! I want to see her more than once a week!!!
default_smile.png

OK, Well, nothing new really to report. I have been super busy getting ready for a horse show this past weekend, so I hadn't been to visit Babe until today. The baby was super active while I was there, her poor upper flank was bumping somthing fierce. I took a picture but of course all you can see is a bump! lol

Here are the pics... as I said, nothing new
default_sad.png

Babe4-16.JPG

Babe4-17.JPG

Babechichi4-17.JPG

babehooha4-17.JPG

Her tummy and udder are exactly like my Bindi's. Will be interesting to see how Babe progresses, as Bindi is also a maiden and I have know idea when she is due, or if she even fell pregnant.

Latest posts

Back