Kandi Land Minis - "Babe" EDA -4/15ish, Maiden

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hummmmm!! Well the first two pics look promising, taken down at her level, the third you are too high up for a good shot, and the last pic!!?? Where did baby go? LOL!! It could be that baby has dropped, but judging on the 'state' of her udder, I would say that it is a bit soon. Also with her clip the colours/shading of her coat does make it a little difficult to get a clear picture.

But all that said, I think she's just doing what maiden mares do best - hiding things, changing things and keeping you guessing!! LOL!!

Have you just clipped her? As Anna said it is hard to see her tummy in these last pics due to her colour.

Her tummy does look different than in the first pic you posted

/monthly_04_2013/post-35311-0-33675100-1364831296.jpg/monthly_04_2013/post-35311-0-56272900-1365002512_thumb.jpg

Don't panic, just cos baby has turned doesn't mean it will pop out straight away. I think Friday will be fine to move her, just keep an eye on her hooha and any behaviour changes.

Thanks Anna,

OK... I will keep watching her. This silly mare would do anything to make me crazy. Just her personality. Yesterday was her birthday so I think she just wanted to look thin for it.

I know her clip job isn't the best, but it has been so warm here and she was miserable, rubbing on everything and coated with sweat so I did a little rough clip job just to get the bulk of the hair off.

I will try for more pictures tonight.

Same bad clip job in both pics. Thats what I was saying tho... her belly changed so much in the last week and a half. Sunday she was huge side to side, then yesterday when I got home this is what I found.

More pics woul be great
default_smile.png
try taking the following if you can:

1) profile shot down at her level square on (square up her feet too if you can)

2) back shot to see how baby is laying

3) udder shot

4) hooha shot

5) inside hooha shot to see what colour she is.

Thanks
default_smile.png

No need to apologise about clip job, preggo girls don't need to be beauty queens (even though they behave like princesses)
default_smile.png

default_new_rofl.gif

I will try those tonight.

I took this one last night as well, trying to get a picture of things that were different. There was "wierd stuff happening" in front of her flank area.

babeback.JPG

default_whistling.gif
More just where it seems baby has moved to. Lots of ripples and twitches. When I put my hand on her side to feel what was going on inside Babe turned and put her nose on my hand and held it there. It seemed like she was saying "Yea, whats going on in there?"

sorry if my terminology is off... like I said, I don't do this! I send them away to the pros... Now I am torturing you pros with all of my inexperienced questions!
default_yes.gif

No worries, if I am not sure I will ask you
default_yes.gif
we are here to help and use some strange terms sometimes
default_smile.png

Butt Tuck = contraction

udder madness = when udder grows and then shrinks

shopping bag = udder

come on Aunties, help me out here with the Nutty Nursery Lingo
default_whistling.gif

My mare's been in position for a week... No foal yet! Sadie is having "udder madness" with one "shopping bag" bigger than the other. My girl is making me...
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
, so in position means just that. In position.
default_rolleyes.gif

stealing thread for a minute ...

Eagle - u "aunties" should post a list of Nursery Lingo!! I know I still wonder exactly what you guys are referring to when you say one "needs to go shopping" - but finally decided meant for groceries IE - the milk bar... Am I right?

Hooha still makes me roll on the floor! I've heard more strange nicknames in both human and horse world since moving to NC and having internet, (ROFLMAO!).

And then I was told that I was "wrong" for my pre-teen daughters to know "proper" sexual terms early. "....is it 'cuz they were molested??"..NO. Just what was always used when I was around cowboys and vets - girls learned it early had nothing to do with them being sexually assualted/molested, LOL.

OP - how many babies have you have via "being sent away"? That's a totally new concept for me (though I've foaled out many a mare for other clients - just never thought about it from a client's perspective if mare "went early"!)

Paula my son from the age of 8 on had to hold my stallion for me on many occasions when I was home alone breeding. I can still see his disgusted face lol " OMG Mum this is gross, can I go now" as I would lift my stallions willy to help him
default_new_rofl.gif
he would pretend to vomit lol

During Sex education at school the kids were asked if they knew how babies were born, he just said " living with my mum nothing is a secret"

default_new_rofl.gif

Yep Shopping bag is the udder and we will even encourage you to give your mare your credit card if she is being a bit tight
default_yes.gif

Well the Girls are in trouble now!! My credit card has been battered and abused this past year, so no help there! OMG, my side is starting to hurt...

I finally decided, after speaking with other folk who have ANY kind of livestock (for a living, mostly not pets), their kids just knew things from a totally different angle! Riding with a vet as an unlicensed tech (extra hands, general GOFER), I got to see the pet side - "OOOO, my poor baby...." - even when the folks weren't feeding the pet much to keep it from starving... Was really weird to watch how the vets in this area do things (lots of people in/out due to military)... Watched many a man and a woman faint when a needle pulled out to give a vaccination or a tranq (I learned quick to stay out of the way - the bigger they were - the faster they "fell out") .... My own hubby is notoriously absent during castrations! And while dealing with the vet clinic - we often had our own "clinics" - with as many as 30 people watching as my 45" shetland stallion live covered horse mares (UGH - hated that myself! W/ that many, there were always at least 2, not just men either, w/ nasty, snide, sexual comments! NOW that was gross.). While I didn't AI our ponies & full size horses, we had plenty of help on different occasions!

Had to excuse myself more than once, when different people took on "vapors" (w/ 'kerchiefs and waving dainty hands and all) - trying to talk about how the animal couldn't "go" or was stuck to "something". The laughing was heavily dosed with tears, though!

KLM - your mare is beautiful! Can't wait to see this baby! Are you hoping for a roan? A pinto?

My story isn't as side splitting as yalls...but my daughter was playing on my phone the other day, and she opened the photo gallery. You could literally watch her eyebrows raise up, then her eyes roll back in her head at the same time she curled her lip, and handed me the phone, saying, Mom, that's SOOO gross!

Seems I have waaayyyy too many hooha pics on here!!

I had to be sure and delete all my downloaded pictures! Yall know I had a LOT! LOL Our computers screen saver cycles through all of our pictures and you can see the computer from the bed, you can just imagine the horror if one of those pictures popped up on the screen while my husband was in the bed watching tv! HAHAHAHA

You guys have me dying laughing here!!!

I have the hooha as part of my terminology, Chi-Chi's are the nipples on the udder (for me). Glad to know what going shopping is I was in the dark on that one.

My son was pretty disgusted with my photo taking last night... thats him in the background. He's 14 and finds all of this to be way TMI!

In answer to the other question I was asked. I have had two babies. Both last year. One was a mare I took to the foaling barn 1 1/2 months before she foaled, the other was there all year because she was for sale.

Here are pics of last years babies, The chestnut (liver when she was clipped is a pintaloosa, The other is a silver buckskin. they are a month apart)

Kahlua running.jpg

kahlua6.jpg

Krossbow 072.jpg

bowball1.jpg

bowkhalua.jpg

OMG Those 2 are just adorable
default_yes.gif
they look a real handful too. Is it 2 colts? Do you still have them?

You had me giggling at the thought of your hooha pics popping onto the screen
default_new_rofl.gif

Back