just some pics...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, while I'm thinking of it... and while this post is still here. On the LB Main Forum page, where people can add pictures, there are three pictures that look like Honey, who is either spooking or playing. At first I thought it was cute until I saw the lead hanging loose from her halter. I'm sure you know how easily she could trip or get tangled up, but you seem to do that with all your horses.

I don't understand why you enjoy participating in such potentially dangerous activities with these small horses.

If that isn't Honey, I apologizes, but I do know that you do have pictures of your horses like that.

I triple too and I dont drink , lol. Hmmm....... it takes like 6 hours, will be there shortly. Let me find a pig that flys. roflol!!!
I don't drink either (can't until november....only 20 right now lol) but this thread sure does make me want a BIG one!!! LOL

I'll be sure to start the party as soon as you get here!! If you hurry you can make it before dawn!!!!
aktion033.gif

Oh my, this is gotten a little silly hasn't it? I feel like I've just walked into a middle school classroom and my substitute instincts are taking over. But last time I gave out a discipline note in middle school it was crumpled and thrown in my face. . . . Now that I think about it I'd rather not relive it. That's why I like the younger ones, even they are not this ridiculous.

I'd like to preface this with a disclaimer and say that in defending Molly's Run I in NO WAY agree with her practices, opinions, decisions, etc. That said, this post started with a simple sharing of pictures. She did not openly ask for opinions, and perhaps it might not have been anyone's place to give them. We all do things others may not agree with, and until we open ourselves up with an invitation for criticism, it is really no ones's place to offer it.

As a few people have stated here, let what is going to happen happen, and a lesson will be learned, or maybe it will turn out fine, who's to predict, really.

THAT said, Molly's Run, you, of all people, should realize by now that when you post things on this forum, weather you ask for it or not, people are going to chime in here. They chime in because no one will listen in person and they can't be interrupted by writing it. They chime in because they are genuinely ill hearted and have nothing better to do. They chime in because they don't like you. THEY ALSO CHIME IN BECAUSE THEY HAVE YEARS OF KNOWLEDGE AND YOUR BEST INTEREST IN MIND. Lots of motives here, and you can't control any of them because this is an OPEN forum.

My advice to you is this . . . Unless you are prepared to take in criticism, DON'T POST. You can't stop it from coming and it will come. If you truly feel that people are being unreasonable, rude, and disrespectful, then do the ADULT thing and ignore it. That way, they look like the bad guys. By arguing and defending and defending you look like you have something to prove, and you look childish yourself. It's easier to be secure and happy with what you're doing than to try to sway the way others think. Horse people are crazy, stubborn, and outspoken, and not easily persuaded. You'll wear yourself out trying.
VERY WELL WRITTEN AND GOOD ADVICE.... NOW LETS JUST STOP THIS AND MOVE ON.

Okay, while I'm thinking of it... and while this post is still here. On the LB Main Forum page, where people can add pictures, there are three pictures that look like Honey, who is either spooking or playing. At first I thought it was cute until I saw the lead hanging loose from her halter. I'm sure you know how easily she could trip or get tangled up, but you seem to do that with all your horses.

I don't understand why you enjoy participating in such potentially dangerous activities with these small horses.

If that isn't Honey, I apologizes, but I do know that you do have pictures of your horses like that.

here we go again....

right now we cant afford a large amount of pannel fencing and we dont want to put up electric because of what happened last time so misty is tied on a long rope and since honey never leaves misty's side she is, temporarily, allowed to go loose. like i said we arent millionares. NOTHING YOU SAY HERE WILL CHANGE THIS BECAUSE WE CANT AFFORD IT!!!!

btw thats misty

Okay well this is my last post here and I have to go to bed. College awaits in the morning!

here we go again....
right now we cant afford a large amount of pannel fencing and we dont want to put up electric because of what happened last time so misty is tied on a long rope and since honey never leaves misty's side she is, temporarily, allowed to go loose. like i said we arent millionares. NOTHING YOU SAY HERE WILL CHANGE THIS BECAUSE WE CANT AFFORD IT!!!!

btw thats misty
Hope you can afford that VET BILL when one or both of your horses breaks it's legs or worse - runs into the road and dies. Electrical fence WORKS GREAT IF PROPERLY INSTALLED. I should know, ALL of my fence is electric! If you have enough wires up, they can't and won't want to get through it.

IF YOU CAN'T EVEN AFFORD A SIMPLE SMALL FENCE AND SHED, HOW CAN YOU AFFORD TO FEED THEM, PAY FOR VET & FARRIER BILLS OR EVEN BUY ANOTHER HORSE? I AM SURE YOU COULD HAVE PUT UP A DECENT FENCE FOR THEM WITH THE MONEY YOU SPENT FOR TOBY!

IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO GIVE THEM WHAT THEY NEED TO KEEP THEM PROPERLY HOUSED AND FENCED IN - YOU SHOULDN'T OWN THEM. Don't get peeved, you said it not me. You can't even afford fencing, even CRAPPY fencing = DON'T OWN THEM.

Sell/give them to someone who can actually care for them like they deserve. Heck I'll even make offers on them to ensure they get proper housing, etc. $1500 for the trio. I don't have the perfect setup, but my horses are enclosed in safe fencing, provided with great food, water, and shelter. If you cant give them the basics, don't own them!

Southern Charm . . . Can you be the adult here and stop? Everyone wants the last word, we get it. Someone's gotta take the high road here . . .

Okay well this is my last post here and I have to go to bed. College awaits in the morning!

Hope you can afford that VET BILL when one or both of your horses breaks it's legs or worse - runs into the road and dies. Electrical fence WORKS GREAT IF PROPERLY INSTALLED. I should know, ALL of my fence is electric! If you have enough wires up, they can't and won't want to get through it.

IF YOU CAN'T EVEN AFFORD A SIMPLE SMALL FENCE AND SHED, HOW CAN YOU AFFORD TO FEED THEM, PAY FOR VET & FARRIER BILLS OR EVEN BUY ANOTHER HORSE? I AM SURE YOU COULD HAVE PUT UP A DECENT FENCE FOR THEM WITH THE MONEY YOU SPENT FOR TOBY!

IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO GIVE THEM WHAT THEY NEED TO KEEP THEM PROPERLY HOUSED AND FENCED IN - YOU SHOULDN'T OWN THEM. Don't get peeved, you said it not me. You can't even afford fencing, even CRAPPY fencing = DON'T OWN THEM.

Sell/give them to someone who can actually care for them like they deserve. Heck I'll even make offers on them to ensure they get proper housing, etc. $1500 for the trio. I don't have the perfect setup, but my horses are enclosed in safe fencing, provided with great food, water, and shelter. If you cant give them the basics, don't own them!
you know what, screw you!!!!! they get fed pellets twice a day and have hay in their faces all day, they get regular vet checks and hoof trimings and none of them have a single scar on them since they got here!!!! I SPECIFICLY SAID DONT COMMENT!! you just said you go to colledge so i presume you can read a little, correct??? just when the post was calming down.... and everyone thinks I'M an attention seeker!!!!!!!! UGH!!

here we go again....

btw thats misty
I do not mean to be rude or hurt you. As someone who is counting every penny so that I can go back to school and keep all my horses, I know it is VERY hard and expensive!

That said, please understand how unsafe that is. Even if you get any type of fencing(panel fencing IS very expensive - How bout chain link, or several electric strips, at different heights etc.)and only make one paddock and do every other day turn out, it would be much safer.

Again, I am not much older then you, and I have done things that, when looking back, were not the safest. I am very lucky to be where I am today, this the little that I have, and I am happy with the joy my horses bring me. I wish the same for you. I hope you and your horses stay safe.

i forgive you. i guess i'm sorry too. it's that time for me and i'm really snippy and emotional. i know, its only an excuse but its true

eta- this is directed at everyone. i will seriously rethink driving them, i'll make a pro and con list or somthing

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not mean to be rude or hurt you. As someone who is counting every penny so that I can go back to school and keep all my horses, I know it is VERY hard and expensive!

That said, please understand how unsafe that is. Even if you get any type of fencing(panel fencing IS very expensive - How bout chain link, or several electric strips, at different heights etc.)and only make one paddock and do every other day turn out, it would be much safer.

Again, I am not much older then you, and I have done things that, when looking back, were not the safest. I am very lucky to be where I am today, this the little that I have, and I am happy with the joy my horses bring me. I wish the same for you. I hope you and your horses stay safe.

i brought that up to my mom, as i liked that idea but she said we couldnt afford it. i'll bring it up to her again in the morning. i dont like the idea of her being tied, but i cant stand the thought of selling her

Thank you. All this could have been over hours ago with that little statement from several people. We want to help, but you push us away. I'm only 5 years older than you and I have had to work hard for what I have too so I understand. Just please listen, sit back & think thoroughly before you post. You might be suprised that we are all friendly and love a good laugh.

And on that note, second think everything that was posted tonight. There is a wealth of information here.

Goodnight & Godbless to all LB members, even Molly.

Katie

Latest posts

Back