just some pics...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here's my piece of mind. I am new to this forum. I read alot of forums on lilbeginnings because I am fairly new to the minis. I've had minis for almost 3 years now and I learn something new everyday.

Anyways, I've been reading alot of forums that you posted before and I think that you are just trying to show off or something. You think you are better than everyone else and know it all. You got to understand that this website was designed for miniature owners that can post useful information for others to read and learn something from it as well as share pictures of foals, additions and what not. To me it seems like what you are doing is asking people advice but when you get it you get upset and mad. And by just reading your forums you sound immature with the way you talk (well write back) to the people that respond to you and try to give you their best advice, opinions etc. You should be thanking all the people. Obviously you don't know as much as you think you do otherwise you wouldn't constantly be posting on here.

I'm not trying to be rude or mean but my advice to you is...if you can't take what people write back than GET OFF THE FORUMS!! I am sure other people feel the same way. Maybe not but I cannot stand reading your forums and the way you react when people DO respond. If you just listen to what people are telling you maybe you will find out sooner or later that they were right. And IF something bad happens to you or your horses (which I hope not) please don't get on lilbeginnings and start boohooing about it. I just hope that one day you will wake up and decide to listen to those that are trying to help you, for you sake.

Ok here's my piece of mind. I am new to this forum. I read alot of forums on lilbeginnings because I am fairly new to the minis. I've had minis for almost 3 years now and I learn something new everyday.

Anyways, I've been reading alot of forums that you posted before and I think that you are just trying to show off or something. You think you are better than everyone else and know it all. You got to understand that this website was designed for miniature owners that can post useful information for others to read and learn something from it as well as share pictures of foals, additions and what not. To me it seems like what you are doing is asking people advice but when you get it you get upset and mad. And by just reading your forums you sound immature with the way you talk (well write back) to the people that respond to you and try to give you their best advice, opinions etc. You should be thanking all the people. Obviously you don't know as much as you think you do otherwise you wouldn't constantly be posting on here.

I'm not trying to be rude or mean but my advice to you is...if you can't take what people write back than GET OFF THE FORUMS!! I am sure other people feel the same way. Maybe not but I cannot stand reading your forums and the way you react when people DO respond. If you just listen to what people are telling you maybe you will find out sooner or later that they were right. And IF something bad happens to you or your horses (which I hope not) please don't get on lilbeginnings and start boohooing about it. I just hope that one day you will wake up and decide to listen to those that are trying to help you, for you sake.

i'm not even gonna say anything here. i just apologised and i dont wanna ruin it.....

Last edited by a moderator:
i brought that up to my mom, as i liked that idea but she said we couldnt afford it. i'll bring it up to her again in the morning. i dont like the idea of her being tied, but i cant stand the thought of selling her
I'm in a very similar situation with one of my horses too, well sort of. I too love my horses very much and I don't want to loose any of them. Due to a divorce, I unexpectedly lost my job half way through show season. My money is tied up in a dream, and my family, whom I can normally lean on, has more expenses then they can handle too at this time. It leaves me not showing much more this year, and using credit and loans to pay my way through college and rent starting next month. Selling is the only thing that makes sense, and yet I am not sure I can bring myself to do it. Not until I have to.

So I understand not having the money. I understand parents and poor fencing. I grew up on a different farm that only had ONE mini paddock for my three herds. It was not perfect, but I got by. And so will you. But please, try to be safe.

However if it does come down to selling, IMO, I'd offer Toby, so that your girls can stay together.

Molly,

I know at 15 we want to believe that we know everything there is to know. Then we get into our 20's and we are sure we know everything we need to know. But then, we get into our 30's and we find out we do not know much at all.

Even though at home and walking at fairs, your horses are behaving themselves, you would be surprised at what may happen and what they can do.

I have been working with driving horses for 15 years. My first time out driving, I had a 2 year old Morgan mare that was "trained" buy "trainers". We took her to her first horse show, and into the arena I went. Mind you, I had never driven a horse before and only drove her the night before for the first time. Well she took off and raced around the arena. I was tossed out of the cart (thought I had bailed out, but the video shows me being tossed out) and she kept running around with my brand new harness and cart. Then she tried to jump the exit gate, cart and all.

Fortunately I was not hurt and the horse just had a cut above one eye. Needless to say, I figured my "trainer" did not know much and moved on to someone else. I learned how to drive a Morgan, the high stepping kind, learned how to train them, then went on to train my own Minis.

I have taken all of my Minis to multiple Top 10's at the AMHA World Show, all owner trained. There have been several now that I have broke myself and shown at the Worlds.

This year I am working with my 3 year old white mare. All last summer I ground drove her, almost every day. This year, after a couple of months of reminding her with ground driving, I hooked her to a cart. She is doing very well, but about a month ago, she was getting crabby about something and started to rear, then just took off. Now usually I do not have trouble stopping them, but there was no way I was going to stop her. All I could do was go for the ride and guide her back to home. Now this is with a whole Summer/Fall of ground driving and a couple of months this year of ground driving and another few weeks of actual driving.

What if your two decided to do something like that in a crowd of kids?

Please, Please, Please do not do it. As much as you would like to believe you know all there is to know about driving, that is just when your horses prove you wrong!!!!

Molly,

I know at 15 we want to believe that we know everything there is to know. Then we get into our 20's and we are sure we know everything we need to know. But then, we get into our 30's and we find out we do not know much at all.

Even though at home and walking at fairs, your horses are behaving themselves, you would be surprised at what may happen and what they can do.

I have been working with driving horses for 15 years. My first time out driving, I had a 2 year old Morgan mare that was "trained" buy "trainers". We took her to her first horse show, and into the arena I went. Mind you, I had never driven a horse before and only drove her the night before for the first time. Well she took off and raced around the arena. I was tossed out of the cart (thought I had bailed out, but the video shows me being tossed out) and she kept running around with my brand new harness and cart. Then she tried to jump the exit gate, cart and all.

Fortunately I was not hurt and the horse just had a cut above one eye. Needless to say, I figured my "trainer" did not know much and moved on to someone else. I learned how to drive a Morgan, the high stepping kind, learned how to train them, then went on to train my own Minis.

I have taken all of my Minis to multiple Top 10's at the AMHA World Show, all owner trained. There have been several now that I have broke myself and show at the Worlds.

This year I am working with my 3 year old white mare. All last summer I ground drove her, almost every day. This year, after a couple of months of reminding her with ground driving, I hooked her to a cart. She is doing very well, but about a month ago, she was getting crabby about something and started to rear, then just took off. Now usually I do not have trouble stopping them, but there was no way I was going to stop her. All I could do was go for the ride and guide her back to home. Now this is with a whole Summer/Fall of ground driving and a couple of months this year of ground driving and another few weeks of actual driving.

What if your two decided to do something like that in a crowd of kids?

Please, Please, Please do not do it. As much as you would like to believe you know all there is to know about driving, that is just when your horses prove you wrong!!!!

thanks for the advice.

its 11 pm here so i gotta go.

'night peeps!!

I have read lots of Molly's posts, but never responded to one of them until now. I am really not responding to the post as much as I want to commend all of you kind hearted people here on the forum that truly care about the minis and what is best for them. Besides getting in lots of typing practice, each and every one of you try very hard each time to get your point across to this young lady, and it is evident that it is for your true concern for the horses as well as not wanting to see her get hurt. I hate to be the bearer of bad news here folks, but I have a feeling that this young lady is going to do whatever she chooses. I also believe that the posts are not really for the sake of learning, but more for attention and to create controversy....at which she seems to be succeeding greatly. I will say from my point of view though that they have been very entertaining, and from the looks of all of the folks that are in this post right now...I am not the only one that feels this way. I have a friend that is not even a mini person, but when I call her and tell her that Molly is at it again....she logs on and reads the drama.

The post before this one was about her "show" minis and how she has proven you all wrong. It was a sarcastic post and another attempt to create controversy.

Although, it was slightly successful...it didn't get "enough" of a tiff going....so along comes this post...and there will be another and then another......and then she apoligizes and then she does it again...

You can tell this young lady all you want that two year olds should not be driven...their bones are too week....knees may not be completely closed...not to mention the pain they will suffer when they shin buck....yes...it will happen. Also "anyone" in their right mind just sort of "knows" that you shouldn't hook a mare and a stallion together in a double harness....yes...everyone that owns horses "should" know that. BUT unfortunatly there is not a test that you have to pass in order to own horses and this person evidently doesn't know that it isn't "right". I admire you for "wanting" to contribute and truly help the poor horses, but the disrespect that you get in return is just awful. Being called old "hags" and so on and so on. This is not going to stop and truly this person wins each time your fingers get to working on that keyboard and your blood pressure rises......bottom line.....this is all falling on deaf ears folks - this young lady is angry about something and I believe she needs counseling.....but once again...I would like to reiterate that I respect you greatly for "caring". God bless and good night to all.

I have read lots of Molly's posts, but never responded to one of them until now. I am really not responding to the post as much as I want to commend all of you kind hearted people here on the forum that truly care about the minis and what is best for them. Besides getting in lots of typing practice, each and every one of you try very hard each time to get your point across to this young lady, and it is evident that it is for your true concern for the horses as well as not wanting to see her get hurt. I hate to be the bearer of bad news here folks, but I have a feeling that this young lady is going to do whatever she chooses. I also believe that the posts are not really for the sake of learning, but more for attention and to create controversy....at which she seems to be succeeding greatly. I will say from my point of view though that they have been very entertaining, and from the looks of all of the folks that are in this post right now...I am not the only one that feels this way. I have a friend that is not even a mini person, but when I call her and tell her that Molly is at it again....she logs on and reads the drama.

The post before this one was about her "show" minis and how she has proven you all wrong. It was a sarcastic post and another attempt to create controversy.

Although, it was slightly successful...it didn't get "enough" of a tiff going....so along comes this post...and there will be another and then another......and then she apoligizes and then she does it again...

You can tell this young lady all you want that two year olds should not be driven...their bones are too week....knees may not be completely closed...not to mention the pain they will suffer when they shin buck....yes...it will happen. Also "anyone" in their right mind just sort of "knows" that you shouldn't hook a mare and a stallion together in a double harness....yes...everyone that owns horses "should" know that. BUT unfortunatly there is not a test that you have to pass in order to own horses and this person evidently doesn't know that it isn't "right". I admire you for "wanting" to contribute and truly help the poor horses, but the disrespect that you get in return is just awful. Being called old "hags" and so on and so on. This is not going to stop and truly this person wins each time your fingers get to working on that keyboard and your blood pressure rises......bottom line.....this is all falling on deaf ears folks - this young lady is angry about something and I believe she needs counseling.....but once again...I would like to reiterate that I respect you greatly for "caring". God bless and good night to all.
you know what, screw it i cant take it anymore!!

once again. i'm NOT doing this for attention!! i was excited that my mares did so well at an amha pointed show. excuse me if i have a life and you dont!! i was also excited because i *thought* i had a driving team because, once again, i'm not rich and have to do what i can with what i have. excuse me if your a millionaire and can afford fancy high trained horses and i cant!! cant people just STOP POSTING AND LET IT REST FOR ****S SAKE!!!!

i dont really give a crap what you THINK i need because, fyi, you dont know me AT ALL!!! i hate how everyone says 'poor horses poor horses' they have shelter, food, water, EVERYTHING a horse needs to survive and thrive and everyone acts like i'm abusing the crap outta them! yeah, i'm angry about somethin and right now its the fact that NO ONE WILL LET THIS DAM POST DIE!!!

now for the final time, good night and PLEASE let the post die!!

i hate how everyone says 'poor horses poor horses'
OK, I could really care less about your horses...

But, to get back to your original post...if you scroll on over to the LB Driving Forum, you can see the discussion about what happened to one lady and a slew of others in a parade, http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=118289

...and these were supposedly "seasoned" horses that have done that parade before. The horses were fine, the driver's wife was killed and hosts of other people were injured. It could have happened with minis, too.

Nope, you won't catch me in a parade with young stock. Actually, I don't particularly care for parades at all! I value my life too much!
yes.gif
I hope you don't make the evening news with your pair.

I can't believe this is still open. Unbelievable and not worth wasting any energy on it.

Latest posts

Back