Just a few updates or two, or ten

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Thought I'd give a few updates on all going on,,,I don't think of it as, so much, just think of it as my life.

The week before the move to TN was not so good for a few of the horses. But, they are all doing great, weight back on, and back to normal. I did get the rest of their fence up and they enjoy their time out running, even in all this heat. I have a sprinkler set up outside of the dry lot and when out it is a favorite spot.

My new job here is wonderful, love those I work with and McKenzie is a wonderful little town.

Tom, my son-in-law, is now home and still improving and feeling better. All of his tests results were good. His arm and shoulder are still rather sore, but tests say there should be no permanent damage from the staff infection. Has far as it had progressed, he really is very fortunate. I am amazed yet again of the quality of doctors and hospitals in their area.

The twins, Riley and Blake are growing and developing very normal. Both are in the middle of the chart, for both height and weight. They are both very happy babies and at 6 months, (already), they sleep from 9:30-7:00. My daughter says they are just as easy as having one, only more runs to doctor appointments. She feels extremely blessed and appreciates it now, as that may change when they are both walking and getting into everything. They are both rolling over, so they were put in seperate beds. I think that was harder for my daughter than it was the babies. They are sleeping much better on their own, than with the other one rolling over on top of them during the night. Blakes oxygen levels drop a little each doctor visit. The original plan was for his next surgery to be in January, but now the doctor said not to be surprised if it ends up a month or two earlier, it could all change at any doctor visit, he still goes once a month. Little Miss Riley goes every 3 months now and her check ups are darn near perfect!

So for now, all is as normal as can be expected. And that is all that 2 year old Aidan asks for. Stop taking his mom, stop taking his babies, and stop taking his dad. He just wants them all there like it's suppose to be.

Thank you all for all your prayers and good thoughts for all of the above. I so appreciate it!!

Thanks for the updates! It sounds like everything is going well for now. Please do let us know when Blake has his next surgery.

Glad to her that they are now enjoying a more normal way of life after all the traumas of the past few months - cannot believe the twins are 6 months already!! Great news about Tom too!

Thanks for the update and yes, please let us know how Blake continues to progress.

Anna

It's all very good news, indeed!! So glad to hear everyone is doing so well, and I hope it continues this way from now on. I, too, can hardly believe the twins are six months old already!

Wow can you imagine Frankie,,, being where you are now, 7 months ago??? So glad the stress level has gone down for all of you, and the Christmas that you guys all will have this year!!! Congrats and thanks for the update!

I am so glad to hear Riley and Blake are doing well. I know how it feels to know that there is a surgery on the horizon. Prayers continuing for these little ones.

Barbie

I can't believe the twins are 6 months already, it just seems like yesterday they were born. So glad to hear they are doing so well, do keep us posted on when Blakes next surgery so we can keep him in our prayers.

Yvonne

Latest posts

Back