It's my favorite time of year, so needed this year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I made the midnight bell...there will be $25.00 coming from ebay tonight... I thinkl the horses will donate later...they don't get paid from their jobs until the 15th of the month! :bgrin

Hey Angie...thanks, you made the deadline so the total changes from $192 to $217 for the first day and 14 donations!! Yay!

G

:aktion033: Yea! That is awesome. Thank you Frankie and everyone who has donated. :aktion033: WOO HOO!

Fran

:aktion033: :aktion033:

:488: :488: :488: :488:

What an awesome first day total!!!!!!! You all have been so very very kind!!!!!

If you have already donated,,,,,,,did you call your friend and let them know what we are doing?!!!!! I know they are just sitting by their phone or computer waiting for you to give them this important information.

With this kind of a response for our first day, I just know our goal will be met!!
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

More surprises to come! :new_shocked:

default_unsure.png
: It's day 2,,,,,,,haven't heard from many.
default_unsure.png
:

IT'S Friday!!!!!!!! Most got the jingle in their pocket for the week!!!!!!

PAYDAY,,,PAYDAY,,,,,,,PAYDAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DONATION DAY!!!!!!!

I wish I had the space and area to foster some of the guys ,but for now I don't. Maybe later. for now i will help what I can. Mine will be there shortly. Bless you guys !!

Okay - my guy donated his $3 plus a bit more :saludando: Keep up the good work!

:aktion033: :aktion033:

ALL donations are important,,,,,$1 to $100, it takes them all to make our goal. We appreciate all you can do and we do realize each person gives what they can,,,,,,,giving what you can is what makes your donation important.

So please,,,,,,,,no more,,,,,,,,,I wish I could do more. Small donations added with other small donations is what gets us to our goal. We all wish we could do more,,,it is the making of any donation that we appreciate. YOUR donation means a lot to a number of horses in need out there,,,,,and if what you can do is $3,,,,,,we know it is actually a great deal more!!!
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

And we thank you greatly!!

A special deal from Lisa at Ozark: PLEASE READ

Any order placed by a forum member with Ozark/Minitack.com will have a minimum of 3.00 donated or 5% (whichever is greater). To CMHR $3 Mission of Thanks. They need to mention the CMHR promotion if they call in or they need to put it in comments if they order online. This will be given as long as the Mission lasts,,that would be Thanksgiving day.

THANKS SO MUCH LISA,,,,SHE IS SUCH A WONDERFUL SUPPORTER!

This first week is always pretty slow,,,,,,,,,seems today was as well.

But Ginny,,,,,,,,,do we have a 3 day total???????? I'm sure snail mail has not arrived as of yet!!!!

Thanks to all who have donated so far,,,,,,you are the best!!!!!

Please take Lisa up on her offer,,,,,,,,,we all NEED something for our horses. What about their Christmas present????? Buy it now from Lisa/Ozark,,,,,,and it servers 2 wonderful purposes! :aktion033:

Ok Carolyn, I hope you're sitting down.......!!!!! :new_shocked: :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

Our three day total TA DA is

:new_multi: $1,257.00

Thanks to 4 more donors and one very big donor
default_wub.png
:

Whoooo Wheee

Last edited by a moderator:
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

:new_shocked: :new_shocked: :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

oHHHHHHHHH man!!!!

I was sitting down Ginny,,,,,,,,but I fell off my chair!!!!!

That is awesome,,,,,,,fantastic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ooooops

fell off the chair again!!!!!!!!

Ok,,,,,,,I got it together again!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

default_firstprize.gif
:
default_firstprize.gif
:

:488: :488:

To take Lisa up on her offer,,,,,,,,,put an order in with her and a donation will be made to CMHR,,,,,visit her at Minitack and get your horse that new halter,,,,or your secret pal their gift!!!!

Each of my 11 minis just sent $3.00 through PayPal. They would like other minis to be as fat and happy as they are!!!
default_yes.gif
:

we are making a small donation (the most we can right now) in memory of Chance the little horse who brought this forum togther like no other horse has.

I remember that day like it was yesterday the day we were all shocked at his story and watched it unfold, the anger, the fear and the strength we showed as we pulled togther to help this horse- it is something that both haunts me and yet in a ironic way gives me faith in the good of people..

So in memory of Chance we made our donation!

lisa that so touches my heart. so many people werent here at lb when that all unfolded and started cmhr. Like you I remember it like it was yesterday.

[SIZE=14pt]Lisa..[/SIZE]

Thank you!!!! Chance will never be forgotten and with everyone's help, hopefully no other mini will ever have to endure what Chance did!!!!!!

I wasn't around when CMHR was started. Could you tell us how it evolved and a little bit about Chance's story? Oh, I talked to my mini's and they all said they could donate $3. Big horse Joe said not to forget him. Dang goats said they want in too! Plus my $3, let's see.......that makes $48 heading your way.....oops, dogs said they'd kick in to make an even $50. Coming by snail mail. Haven't done my Christmas shopping yet either and I usually buy something from Ozark's........so I'll just make sure it's done by Thanksgiving!

I wasn't around when CMHR was started. Could you tell us how it evolved and a little bit about Chance's story?
For those that were not here when Chance’s Mini Horse Rescue was conceived.

CMHR was started by a group of American Miniature horse lovers, who

were concerned over a message that appeared on an internet bulletin board.

The message described a paralyzed Miniature horse colt in need of a “homeâ€.

The Miniature horse community from across the country rallied in response.

In less that three days the colt, renamed “Second Chance†by his new caretaker Denise Clark, had been removed from his former home and was receiving much needed veterinarian treatment.

Unfortunately “Chance’s†injuries were severe, and no hope of recovery was given.

Chance was humanely put down. As the discussion of his plight continued, concern remained not only for “Chance,†but for all other Minis in need of a second chance at a loving home.

In a few short weeks, the American Miniature horse community had literally

“come to the rescue†and through the determined efforts of its founding members,

Chance’s Mini Horse Rescue was born.

CMHR is now a 501 c3 non profit organization that is totally supported by the

generous donations of the Miniature horse community thru out the world.

To Mary Lou and Mona for your support of this endeavor thru the

Web Site and Lil Beginnings. To Carolyn who each year runs the "Mission of Thanks" drive.

[SIZE=14pt]THANK YOU!!!!!![/SIZE]

To each and all who help with fostering, transporting and donations for the auction a

very big thank you. We could not keep CMHR going without all of your help and your support.

[SIZE=14pt]THANK YOU!!!![/SIZE]

Lisa, thank you so much for your donation and for remembering Chance. Gini,,,,thanks for supplying us with the whole story. I know it is does help many to understand the true meaning behind CMHR.

There are so many, many people behind the rescue,,,,some who do so much out of love for this wonderful breed and many who do it silently and without thank yous. To all of those who have ever contributed in any way shape or form,,,,,,,financially, fostering, book work, web site updates, transport, and anything else I may be missing. I can not thank you enough. The mini world is a much better place with all your love and giving. You guys are all the best and I am so proud to be a part of this wonderful group.

This Mission of Thanks was started as,,,and is, a very simple idea. Our first year we had a modest goal and we were told it just can't work. Well, it did and has continued to work for many years. Why,,,,the small amount we ask for can be met by most. Over the years I have received many, many emails from people who felt the dollar amount we asked for, they could do,,,,,,,,so many times large donations are asked for and even those who really want to help can not come up with a large amount. Our $3 allows most to help and mini owners themselves have expressed to me how good they feel to offer a donation, even if just the $3. It is their donation, and yours and mine all totaled, that makes the difference. We ALL make a difference.

Last year I received a email from a young women who wanted to let me know she only had $1.68 in her checking account left for the month,,,,,,,,,,she sent that $1.68 to CMHR. Of all the donations we have received,,,large and small, hers touched me the most. It was so much to her, the last dollar she had,,,,,to me it was priceless.

We are not asking for your last dollar,,,,,,,just $3,,,,,,,,,,,,and if all you can do is $3, know it is great,,,,,when combined with all others.

THANKS SO VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!!

default_unsure.png
: Ginny?????
default_unsure.png
:

So how'd we do throught the first weekend??????

:saludando:

More great things, matches, gifts to come,,,,,,MAKE SURE you keep checking back and see what we have!!

I just feel,,,,,it is going to be a record setting year and we sure need for it to be,,,,,,,so many to help and winter will be here so soon! Mine will have plenty of food and shelter during the cold and snow, we know many will not,,,,,,they need your help.

Latest posts

Back