It's my favorite time of year, so needed this year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
:aktion033: :aktion033: Thank you for taking the time to read this thread,,,,please continue.

A few years ago I started the $3 Mission of Thanks for CMHR. Since, you here on the forum have raised over $8,000 by donating $3 at a time.

This fundraiser DOES work! It has each year, I see us having more to be thankful for this year, all of us, so I believe this year will be more successful than ever.

It really is very simple. We are asking each forum member to donate just $3 to CMHR to show all they are thankful for.

We ask for $3 as it is a number most can donate. By only asking for $3 it allows many to donate who otherwise may not be able to. Each and every $3 is very much appreciated and as I said, it adds up thousands and thousands of dollars. We also ask for $3 as it it only 3 weeks to Thanksgiving. What better way to offer thanks for our own healthy minis, than donate our $3 to those minis who are unable to help themselves.

CMHR has been extremely busy this year and it's not even winter, we have got to come through for them this year as well.
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Goal for the 2006 $3 Mission of Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,drum roll,,,,,,,,,$5555.55

We have well over 3000 members, this will be a snap!!!!!!! :bgrin

You can pay by paypal, the button appears on the front page, left hand side, on CMHR website, CMHR or by check or money order to Ginny. For US Mail.

Virginia St. Pierre

735 Chestnut Lane

Berryville, VA 22611

A special deal from Lisa at Ozark: PLEASE READ

Any order placed by a forum member with Ozark/Minitack.com will have a minimum of 3.00 donated or 5% (whichever is greater). To CMHR $3 Mission of Thanks. They need to mention the CMHR promotion if they call in or they need to put it in comments if they order online. This will be given as long as the Mission lasts,,that would be Thanksgiving day.

Minitack

THANKS SO MUCH LISA,,,,SHE IS SUCH A WONDERFUL SUPPORTER!

There will be MANY extras for you over the next 3 weeks,,,,we will also have several matches, making your donation worth much more,,,,so it is important that you check back! :lol: If you have something you would like to donate to help encourage others to donate, or a gift to offer if a member donates a certain dollar amount, please PM me so I may get that scheduled in.

Many from CMHR will be adding their stories here, just to provide you with more information. If you have any question as to where the money goes, check back here as well, or get in touch with Kay or Ginny.

PLEASE,,,,,,,,,,DO NOT,,,,,,,,DO NOT Pin this thread,,,,,,,,,,,,it's way to much fun to keep it up.

See you in the next 3 weeks!

Letssssssss Do It!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Thank you Annette!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok people, we aren't waiting, we have SOOOO many extras, we are starting right now.

A forum member will be donating $1 for each donation made by midnight Thursday, Nov. 2.

All you have to do is respond by midnight Thursday, just say you are sending your donation by mail by Thursday or pay by paypal by Thursday. You do not need say the dollar amount,,,,,,and $1 more will be added. Please respond so I can keep track of all the 1 dollars.

So if 50 people do it by midnight,,,,,,,,$50 more dollars thrown in!!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Each Forum Member,,,,,times $3,,,,,,,,,,,is HUGE!!!!!

I just love talking,,,,,,errrrrr, uhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,raising money for a good cause.
default_yes.gif
:

WE NEED TO HEAR SOME,,,,,,,,,CHA CHINGS!!!!!!!

$3 is all we ask for.

For $3 you could give up your Starbucks for one morning,,,no 3rd drink during happy hour,,,cut out desert for the family one evening,,,,ask your horses to give up treats for a few nights to help others. I have found minis are very generous! :lol:

I need to hear this cash register ring!!!!!!!

pdv068037.jpg

Only have 6 mini's in my barn so the dogs are going to pitch in. I'll round it up to an even $amount

Going to paypal right now $30.00 is on it's way....

[SIZE=14pt]THANK YOU CAROLYN [/SIZE] for doing this again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i always love this time of year and this annual thread. Its always so much fun! Im going to just do a couple updates as we go on horses helped by all of you.

Fancy got her teeth fixed after 15 years of no dental care. cost was almost 300.00 but so worth it. She has now gained weight and can finally chew her hay!!! She just left for her new home this week and says thanks to all of you for your help

Phoeboe is now with stacy being fostered and we are cautiously optimistic. I dont have a firm total on her but I will say its been exspensive caring for this mare and trying to get her hooves back into reasonable shape. Every veternarain that has seen her has been moved by her spirit to live and get better. She has the will to fight and because of all of you we have the money to help her fight. Ill try to get some after pics to post

phoebe.jpg

Ok, sent mine in. Was able to manage a little more than $3. Not a lot more, but I suppose every $ helps.

Good luck with this campaign.

Angie

thank you so much angie!! it really does count!! I know its tough for everyone to find money to give. Every year I am so amazed at how 3.00 donations can add so quickly to a big amount. One donation doesnt seem like much but when you add them together it equals a lot of horses getting help

In case you have never read it,,,,,,I have copied the Mission Statement of the Rescue below. I hope it helps you to better understand. Visit the web site for more information.

"Mission Statement

Chance's Miniature Horse Rescue is a not for profit organization dedicated to the well-being of all miniature horses.

Our goal is to rehabilitate abused, neglected, or unwanted miniature horses through the charitable works of our members, sponsors, foster and adoptive homes.

Surrendered miniature horses will be accepted without judgment.CMHR seeks to better the lives of all miniature horses through the constant promotion and education of responsible miniature horse ownership and breeding practices."

LB Forum now has 4101 members, WOW,,,,,,,,,now times that by $3,,,,,,=$12,303

This does work,,,,,,$3 at a time,,,,,,,but we have to have all of the rungs of the ladder in place to reach the top!!!!!! It takes us all. My own horses are considering their donation as we speak
default_yes.gif
: Offer your thanks by sending Ginny your $3.

Thank you all so much for reading and considering.

I just sent mine, a bit more than the $3 every little bit helps.

Thank You for having this again this year.

Jan

BKS Coppertop Ranch

Just sent mine . Come on folks if I can on my disabilty suly you can find it in your hearts to join in Surely there is something you are at least $3 thankful for.

My little herd got together and decided they would each like to donate $3.00. Paypal payment, today.

:aktion033: :aktion033:

:488:

We have a forum member that really wants to add to todays total!!!!!!!!!!

She will give a dollar for each donation made by midnight tonight!!!!!!!

Hit that PayPal Button!!!!!!!!!

Than add response here so we know to tack on another dollar!!!!!!!

You guys are the best!!!!

:saludando: Well I just talked to the horses, only 6 of them so talked to the dogs too and paypal is sending $30. Keep up the great work guys.
default_yes.gif
:

Yvonne

WoooooooooHoooooooooooooo!

Here we go!!!!!! :lol:

We are on our way,,,,$3 at a time,,,,,,,,,,,one day at a time!
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

I have thought of other minis a lot this evening, as it is going to be our coldest night of the year. My horses are all snug in a barn with new fluffy bedding, and I know not all are. I wish I could get thick bedding out to all tonight as a good part of the country is in a cold snap for the next few days.

Your dollar will get them in the fluffy bedding!

Thank you so very much!

Carolyn,

I just sent in my donation through paypal.

Thank you so very much for doing this - you are just the BEST!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Already? geez time flys by!

I think i can manage a bit more then $3 agian, besides im sure the horses would love to throw in a bit themselves
default_wink.png
: . Ginny its on the way sometime this weekend
default_smile.png

Thank you Annette!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok people, we aren't waiting, we have SOOOO many extras, we are starting right now.

A forum member will be donating $1 for each donation made by midnight Thursday, Nov. 2.

All you have to do is respond by midnight Thursday, just say you are sending your donation by mail by Thursday or pay by paypal by Thursday. You do not need say the dollar amount,,,,,,and $1 more will be added. Please respond so I can keep track of all the 1 dollars.

So if 50 people do it by midnight,,,,,,,,$50 more dollars thrown in!!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Each Forum Member,,,,,times $3,,,,,,,,,,,is HUGE!!!!!

I just love talking,,,,,,errrrrr, uhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,raising money for a good cause.
default_yes.gif
:

I hope I made it in time. It's 7pm PST here
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Thanks, Carolyn for doing this each year.

Liz

Wow. I wasn't going to give an update this early, but we are off to a great start and I'm sure Carolyn is dieing to find out how this is going. We have had 13 people donate so far via Paypal for a wonderful total of $192. This the highest first day ever. However that won't get us to the HUGE total Carolyn is planning for.

We need to donate almost $400 a day, OUCH!

Ok, I'll help. I have most of my horses up for sale till I'm down to a certain amount. For any mini sold in the next 3 weeks, I'll donate 5% of all sales. Anyone else???

Ginny StP

Latest posts

Back