It's early but who have you bred for 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagles ring farm

Reaction score
We are still awaiting our last foal for 2013 Cedar Field Awesome Coco Chanel x Triple K Boogies Bow Tie- due end of June

But started our breeding for 2014

We have bred -

"Xena" -(Spice's dam) RF Bars Warrior Princess to "Bow" Triple K Boogies Bow Tie again hoping for a 2014 foal-this cross has given us 3 lovely foals

"Pooh" - A&lms Rompin Codys Chera Pooh to "Buzz" Little Kings Buckeroo Buzz (Pooh lost her foal by Buzz this year)

"Spice"- Eagles Ring Bows Spicy Mustard Seed" bred back to Buzz for a 2014 foal

"lotus" - Uno Lotus - bred back to Buzz for 2014

"Darling" "D'Armonds Darling Echo"- bred to Buzz for 2014

None are confirmed yet but wishful thinking.

edited to add our breedings to date

Are you planning or been acting on your 2014 foaling year yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing really planned yet, but will probably breed one or two to Topper sometime in June or possibly July. Still waiting on this year's foal (or possibly foals, might be two, not sure yet).

Just two for next year. Trying again with tiny D'Armond's Crystal and Velvet . And one maiden mare, Havencroft's Destiny Rose (another tiny one and a buckskin pinto). Both being bred to a tiny tobiano pinto stud this summer.

Ooooooo, looks like we are going to have a nice line up for next year! Keep it coming!

No one here, despite the fact we had two fantastic foals and people on FB urging us to repeat the Dancer/Buckshot cross.

I also did not breed any mares for next year. We are having a hard time getting good quality hay around here, and the market here in the east is still recessed. Plus I don't breed unless I have some money put aside for the extra vet bills, and so far, my poketbook is empty.

No babies for me again unless I win the lottery, which of course is highly likely. ROFL

Since MY babies come from here -- I'll let you know how many I expect after everyone reports here!
default_thumbup.gif

We are breeding ours back too. We have the funds and ability to care for them if they dont sell and are always trying to produce top show foals for ourselves and others.

Little Kings Remmington is getting the following mares, only the first two have actually been covered so far:

Freedom Hill Farms Fem Faytel
Cherokee Rose Miss Never Miss

Jandts Wanna Pimples

Bissel Mounds Monte Carlo is doing repeat breeding of:

Maple Hollows Bodacious Babe

Lakeviews Diamond Gal

Maple Hollows Little Bit of Magic is getting:

Little Kings Electric Lady

Monte Carlos Black Diamond

COH Echo Express is covering:

Naomi of KHA

Maple Hollows Ebony Chardonnay

Arions Destinys Magic Trick is breeding:

GMR Fooler Fooled Angie

Maple Hollows Phlash of Fireworks

Arions Magnium P I is covering:

Maple Hollows Blue Lite Special

Mars Rosebud

Maple Hollows Dark Desire

And then I am borrowing a friends stallion, EJH Carry On Buck, and will be breeding him to:

Kaycee Freckles Playgirl

Knutson Apaches Preshush Belle

Jandts Pom Pom Chickadee

I dont know for sure who all mom is breeding yet but hers will mostly be to MT or Echo.

WOW!!! Looks like I'M HAVING LOTS OF BABIES next year!!! Right now I'm up to about 24-25, but I'm not ready to stop yet! So, keep them coming!!

Last edited:
Are you going to share the joy/ hard work with the other Aunties? Lol

Well, I might have a third mare and foal on the list but that would be it. Raven, Sweetie and Silver are taking a year off next year and Wish is being retired forever after this foal to enjoy life as an auntie. Love hearing about all the exciting news for 2014.

I'm with Diane...going to enjoy simply being an Auntie from now on! I can't take the stress of breeding! Sleepless nights, testing, etc., no problem...but when my baby presented correctly, I just prayed and said, never again!

HA! My last few girls are just to old to conceive -- I've tried for 2 years, but I miss it terribly. There's just nothing like a new little one giving those snuffy kisses, or falling asleep in your lap!

We have four beautiful babies this year... As you know, we lost two babies in addition to these four because we weren't present... Will be VERY DIFFERENT next year as we will have foaling cameras, alarms, and all you aunties watching... Plus, I won't have to work next year so I can help Toni with our own foal watching. We will have the funds available as I will be setting aside money from my dad's estate for the next two years, plus buying the farm... no pun there, ha-ha! with no mortgage. We will be on grass pasture in Missouri so won't have to contend with sand colic and heat.

Here's our line up for next year:

Casper - aka Wisteria Farms GMB Dream Come True (cremello stallion, LK Supreme Dream grandson):

* Lace - aka MMM Chantilly Lace (Black pinto Buckeroo granddaughter). This was a golden cross for us and produced a very tiny buckskin colt with his daddy's dishy head, but next time we would love a filly! (Even though she hasn't produced one for us yet... We might get pinto next year as her first foal was a silver black pinto colt by Rohan below, a solid silver black)

* Rain - aka Creta Hills Lotto Sweet Rain (black splash NORT daughter) This will be her first foal and I'm very excited... But, will be Toni's foal when it hits the ground running!

* Wind - aka Creta Hills Okie Winds A Blowing (smoky black sabino, a Lauralees Troublz Sweetn the Deal daughter).. Also a first for her and I'm hoping for a smoky cream baby...

* Shadow - aka X Calibers Little Shadow (black mare from old Komoko breeding lines). She's one of the mares who lost her foal this year. This mare and foal belong to Toni. This will be her last foal as we are retiring her.

Navajo - aka Freelands Geronimo Navajo Feather (a homozygous tobiano, with splash, bay son of Bear Branch Geronimo Feather) - This will be his first foals

* Design - aka HMM Designed For Destiny (a black splash tovero daughter by Concho - aka Running Creeks Destiny Buckeroo - he is an Alvadars Double Destiny grandson) - She foaled first and had the silver black splash pinto colt with blue eyes. She is the one that went 354 days! Hope she doesn't do that again!

* Annie - aka Thorny Rose Rocks Ann (a smoky black splash homozygous tobiano daughter of Jess Rocky Rabbit). This will be my first foal from her. This is the other mare that lost her foal because we didn't get out there in time. Toni and I will probably co-own this foal as it will be one of Navajo's first babies.

Wildfire - aka Creta Hills Spirits Wildfire (a buckskin tobiano son of Ten L's Spirits Afterglow) - This will be his first foals

* Feather - aka MMM Fancy Feather (black splash tovero daughter to Mini Bucks Fancy Freckles) - This will be her first foal

* Nikki - aka LTD's Fashionique (bay daughter of LTD's Man In Command) - Also her first foal

Hawk - aka LM Hawks Ace in the Hole (a black frame overo son of Champion Farms Nighthawk) I bred him before I found out he has produced dwarf foals... and I hope the mare didn't take!

* Miss Te - aka LTD's Miss Te (a sorrel sabino daughter of Sooner States TNT) She gave me the most beautiful and loving silver dunskin sabino filly by Running Creeks Destiny Buckeroo (aka Concho) ... Diva follows you all over the, ahem, pasture (with no grass). If Miss Te didn't take with Hawk, I'm going to breed her back to Concho after 45 days...

Rohan - aka Wesco Farms Rohans Echo ET (a silver, maybe smoky, black grandson of Buck Echo) and sire to the silver black pinto colt born first this year

* Freckles - aka Mini Bucks Fancy Freckles... Freckles gave me a very beautiful and friendly buckskin tobiano filly by Casper this year... I just wanted to try her out on Rohan to see what that cross produces.

We are in the process of buying Rohan's 3-year old silver bay daughter and Toni wants to breed her to Casper if we get her here early enough.

Kari (and Toni)

We have four beautiful babies this year... As you know, we lost two babies in addition to these four because we weren't present... Will be VERY DIFFERENT next year as we will have foaling cameras, alarms, and all you aunties watching... Plus, I won't have to work next year so I can help Toni with our own foal watching. We will have the funds available as I will be setting aside money from my dad's estate for the next two years, plus buying the farm... no pun there, ha-ha! with no mortgage. We will be on grass pasture in Missouri so won't have to contend with sand colic and heat.
What part of Missouri will you be in? I'm in the south west, near Branson. Looks like you will have some very nice foals coming for next year!

We are still looking, but it will be around that area. This is Toni and I told Kari the only way I'll go back is 1)not directly in tornado alley, 2)it has to be a house or modular with foundation, 3) a storm shelter.

A couple years ago, we had straight-line winds hit our rented single-wide(on cinder blocks and anchored down). The trailer rolled 360 degrees with me, Kari, and her daughter in the trailer. I was pinned under the cook stove with half the roof on me. It took rescue an hour to get me out and four days in a hospital. I had a cracked hip socket, pelvis, nerve damage in my left leg(try walking on a leg that is asleep all the time), cuts, and bruises. I already had a bad back and the stove was laying on the same spot. My back problems are worse and I have issues with pain in my legs.

High winds now make me nervous and I start shaking and worrying about finding a safe place to hide.

I think you should get the jet serviced Diane and we could offer a Mobile Aunty foaling service
default_smile.png
we could fly all over just like the filly fairy. ROFL

I think we might need it Renee, as we're up to 32-33 for next year !!! Hope the jet fuel prices come down!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back