It's been a sad, sad day here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
I know this may seem small compared to what others are dealing with now....but my 4-legged babies mean more to me than many people do, and for that reason.....

Two of our dogs were helped across the Rainbow Bridge today. My mutt, Samantha, who some of you have seen in the early Moxie pictures. I rescued her 12 years ago this month while I was doing a highschool co-op placement at my local vet clinic. She had been brought in as a stray, and after 2 weeks (which is longer than they normally keep them) she was not claimed. So she came home with me....possibly the dumbest dog I've ever owned, but she was MY first dog. The first dog that belonged to ME, not the rest of the family. That was long before I got the dog training & showing bug. She was such a happy dog...but always knew how to get into trouble....like finding the porch door left open and sneaking in to finish off the left over turkey one Christmas night. Moxie & I will miss her...that was Moxie's 'play' buddy for her first 2 years...though Sam really wasn't much of a buddy of Moxie's or any other puppy that came along recently. It just wasn't fair to put Sammie through another winter....she had various health issues, was very lame, and just couldn't handle the cold.

And Annabelle, my Mom's St Bernard that I bought her as a gift 8 1/2 years ago. Mom had always wanted to replace her original St Bernard that she had before I was born, so an opportunity came and I purchased Bella for her. She was such a sweet soul and put up with soo much...from puppies bugging her, to kids crawling on her. She didn't care...though she did voice her opinion when the corgi puppies were being too friendly with her. Bella had been in pain since the weekend...she could no longer get up on her own, and it was obvious that it wasn't going to get better.....

Rest in Peace girls....I hope you are both free from pain and playing with the others you knew who have already gone....

Samantha - always finding some place cozy to curl up

IMG_5272.jpg

Taking a break with Moxie

IMG_7242.jpg

Delilah snuggled up with Bella earlier this year

IMG_2423.jpg

I am SO sorry, there is really some bad Karma in the air this week....i know so many people who have had just devistating things happen, our Chinease Crested got hit by a car this morning too, RIP sweet little buddy
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

Anoki & Leeana I'm sorry you both lost your beloved pets today.
default_no.gif
It's like losing a member of the family.

Awwww. I can imagine how sad you must be. But it is nice to know that they're not in pain anymore, isn't it? I know that Riis' days are numbered (whether it's one more winter or two or three) as she tolerates the cold less and less each year too. She actually has trouble getting up sometimes. I'm dreading that day. Big hugs to you, Kathryn
default_wub.png

Oh Lord......BOTH of them.........That is a rough one...........This may not help at the moment, but the one positive is they are together and keeping each other company.......Blessings.

Kathryn, so sorry for you and your moms losses..... so glad there are other little feet in your house to keep the laughter and joy going.

Lyn

I'm so sorry!
default_crybaby.gif
They were both beautiful.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

Fur-family or human family, grief is grief and deserves all the comfort we can give. Always.

I'm so sorry for your loss. (((((hug)))))

Leia

default_no.gif
I am so sorry for your loss. I know how it feels. It seems like our pets are here for such a short time. Take care.

I'm so sorry for your losses Kathryn and Leeana. ((((HUGS)))) to both of you.

Oh Kathryn, I am so sorry, I can't imagine two in one day!

They join my little old Foxie who was euthanized Friday.

I took this picture Thursday night. She had Frosty Paws Friday morning and shared Judy's breakfast during the trip to the vet.

FarewellFoxie.jpg

Leeana, sorry for your loss too!

Sorry to hear about your dog too Leanna.

It sure is different with only 'vertically challenged' corgis here now. No more BIG obstacles around the dinner table...which I guess is the only positive in the whole day....but it did seem emptier.

Feeding supper was hard....no having to lock corgwyn out of where Bella eats...they LOVED to sneak in and gulp down her food while she very LOUDLY opposed them being in there....she wouldn't grab them, just stand over them and bark until someone came to take them away
default_laugh.png

Thanks everyone....

~kathryn

I am so sorry for the loss of your furry friends, sometimes as hard as it is we have to let them go for their own comfort and to be free from the pain.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's amazing the love we can have for our animals, Rest In Peace!

Latest posts

Back