i will lay simon to rest today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Charlene, no words just lots of love and hugs for you and the other furkids.

I'm so sorry for you. What a beautiful little dog. DM is very common in German Shepherds also. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
default_no.gif

thank you again, everyone. your words comfort me and give me hope that i will heal some day. just wanted to share a couple of pictures...

the 3 muskateers, together again...

garysimonmag.jpg

and one of my very favorite pictures...

GarySimoninbed.jpg

simon went to sleep peacefully, in my arms. i am even more sure now that he was ready. i will come back later and address other posts. right now, i need to take the dane girls for a long walk.

thank you, everyone, for your kind thoughts and words and most especially for your prayers.

love & hugs,

charlene

Oh, I'm so sorry. I do know how you feel. So many of us do. That's why it's good to share it here. Time helps. Try to focus on how very lucky you were to have Simon in your life for so long.

Charlene-

I'm so sorry. I'll bet Gary is happy having Simon with him. It is always so hard when we have to help one of our loved ones go, but he is running free now.

If I know Gary, you'll have a sign some time soon that Simon is there with him.

((((HUGS))))

Barbie

I am so sorry Charlene. You sure have had you share of losses. I lost my Libby Girl a tri-corgi

last spring and I still cry on a weekly basis. Your brain knows that they are in a better place but

your heart still aches for them.
default_no.gif

thank you again, everyone. your words comfort me and give me hope that i will heal some day. just wanted to share a couple of pictures...
the 3 muskateers, together again...

garysimonmag.jpg

and one of my very favorite pictures...

GarySimoninbed.jpg

simon went to sleep peacefully, in my arms. i am even more sure now that he was ready. i will come back later and address other posts. right now, i need to take the dane girls for a long walk.

thank you, everyone, for your kind thoughts and words and most especially for your prayers.

love & hugs,

charlene

Your last photo speaks volumes......... Simon and Gary are together........no question. Gary will be taking care of your special Simon until you join them.......and Simon will be driving Gary nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
SO sorry about the loss of your little guy!!! He was so cute!!!

Charlene, I was thinking of you yesterday at noon. Gave Tucker an extra hug when I got home. Judy told me she had him in his wheels yesterday but he didn't want to go to the barn so she left him outside the house. On the way back up the hill (would have been around 11 eastern) he came rolling to her at high speed barking and barking. Really odd behavior for him, and interesting time of day to do that.

I sure hate to see you swear off Corgis, the breeders need people to insist on genetically tested dogs only to force them to start testing. I made a point to state on SHOWPEM-L that I really do want another show pem, but will not get one until the breeders are testing their dogs and will never get one from untested parents.

I am SO sorry for your loss Charlene. You sure have had your share. HUGS to you friend.
default_sad.png
RIP Simon

Charlene, I am so very sorry. I know Simon was your heart dog.

God Bless Simon,

Robin

I'm so sad that your last little lollipop kiddo is gone. In honor of Maggie and Simon, I'm going to send a little something off to Corgi Aid to help other lil' corgis in need. They are a fantastic group that raises and provides funds for rescued corgis that have medical needs. www.corgiaid.org.

You will be in my thoughts, Charlene. I just wanna hug my 2 boys and tell them how special they are. We've got a new human baby girl at our house so the corgi boys aren't getting as much attention as they are used to and things like this remind me just how much they mean to me.

Don't you just wish you could have a peak at Gary & Simon's reunion. . .

I'm so sad that your last little lollipop kiddo is gone. In honor of Maggie and Simon, I'm going to send a little something off to Corgi Aid to help other lil' corgis in need. They are a fantastic group that raises and provides funds for rescued corgis that have medical needs. www.corgiaid.org. You will be in my thoughts, Charlene. I just wanna hug my 2 boys and tell them how special they are. We've got a new human baby girl at our house so the corgi boys aren't getting as much attention as they are used to and things like this remind me just how much they mean to me.

Don't you just wish you could have a peak at Gary & Simon's reunion. . .
renee, i am overwhelmed, what a wonderful gesture! i have heard of corgiaid but have never visited. that will change pronto! when you hug those 2 boys, give them an extra one for me.

oh and i must tell you this...one of the ladies at one of the other DM yahoo groups is a co-owner of a lovely corgi girl who had a litter of puppies 2 nights ago. one of them, a female red/white baby, she is naming "simone" in honor of my little simon. how cool is that!?!

gini, enjoy your corgi and don't worry yourself with looking for bad things. you could very well be one of those who never has to deal with this disease and i hope, with all my heart, that will be the case!

mona, your words ring so true. one of the hardest things about making this decision was knowing that simon's mind was in perfect shape. he was not in pain, as near as i could tell, but his little body just refused to work any longer. with maggie, i knew she was suffering and ending her pain, although not an easy decision, did not cause me as much agony.

barbie, i did have a sign yesterday afternoon, late in the day. the dane girls and i were out walking down the corn field where the crops are now gone. we were gone about 45 minutes. as we neared the house, i began to wonder when and if i would get a sign from simon. gary sends me lots of signs, maggie sent me a rainbow almost immediately after she died...just as i had finished my thought, i heard a very distinct bark in the distance. the only other dogs on the farm were gone all day at the groomer. there are no other dogs within 2 or 3 miles. i stopped and listened, thinking it was just wishful thinking or my imagination but then, i heard it again. it was unmistakable...it was simon. i took that as a message that he had arrived and was probably giving maggie heck!

sfmini...do you think tucker was letting you know that simon was at rest? what a sweet dog to feel a connection with his little "cousin".
default_smile.png

and yes, renee, i would have given anything to see the reunion between gary, mag and simon. i bet they are still partying and i suspect gary shared biscuits and sausage gravy with them for breakfast today!

love & hugs to everybody and thank you so much for your kind thoughts.

I have a huge lump in my throat...
default_no.gif
You have had to endure alot in such a short time...I am soo very sorry.....I too have "the one" fur kid, Okie. 1/2 Aussie 1/2 Coyote that when her time comes, and she leaves us, Art and I will never completely heal....Hugs to you and yours....Art and Theresa

I'm so very sorry...words can't even express the hole in your heart that losing a fur-kid causes.
default_crybaby.gif
I always make the distinction that I'm not crying for the one who's gone as I know they're in a better place, I'm crying for me because I have to live without their physical presence. Sometimes it even helps.
default_no.gif

I saw a plaque the other day: "When you lose someone you love, you gain an angel you know." I sort of like that thought.
default_wub.png

Honor Simon's memory right along with Gary and Maggie. They'll be waiting for you.

Leia

thanks again, everyone. leia, that's a lovely quote. i happened across this one, too, just today. i know it was meant more for the loss of a "human" but to my way of thinking, it applies to our furkids, too...

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal." author unknown but he or she must have been very wise.
default_smile.png

Hopefully the kinds words from everyone, here on the LilB forum, can give you some comfort to get thru this difficult time. Hang in there, and never forget all the great memories you have shared together.

Latest posts

Back