How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RAIN!!! For 3 days straight! We're certainly catching up from the accumulation that didn't come in the winter or spring. There's standing water all over right now. Not going to be any driving or riding happening anytime soon, but the wildfires are going to be seriously diminished, so everyone will get clearer air again! And the crops will get growing for real.
It's been cold and there's a family of 4 magpie chicks that are currently fledging outside of my office desk window. Two made it back into the tree, two are still on the ground. Parents are around and very attentive, lots of noise! Poor little damp chickens...

Excessive heat warning here for the next few days, Yikes!! Feel like temps are around 115, double YIKES! Don’t you worry though, ponies usually come inside and stand in front of the fan all afternoon.😍

With all this heat my cucumbers and zucchini have gone crazy. There are 13 cucumbers in my fridge right now and more ready to be picked….don’t even get me started on the zucchini! 🤣💕

The rain must be helping to put out the wild fires. I hope no lightening strikes.
Yes! Definitely is doing that. The water table has been low. The moisture is definitely needed. It's just depressing when you don't get to see the sun for over a week at a time. I know lots of people can relate to that. By the way, still raining today...

We got hit hard by the storms that blew through on Sunday. 80mph straight line winds for a few minutes did a good job on the fences. All horses are safe though and we got power back just in time before the heat wave!
IMG_3184.JPGIMG_3189.JPG
IMG_3201.JPGIMG_3203.JPG

Back