How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be in the 50"s during the day here in NW Connecticut, however Friday and Saturday it was 90 degrees! Crazy. Today it is 63 degrees, so a little closer to normal for this time of year. I've been making and installing new gates in my paddocks the last few days, but in 90 degrees the process was a tad slower.

Michigan has had some weather whiplash this week….Tuesday thru Saturday was mid 70’s to low 80’s, and then Sunday was the cooling off day which led to today’s 39* and wet snow. Thankfully the ground is warm enough that the snow isn’t staying!! I went from sweating in a tank top, shorts and walking around outside barefoot to long underwear under my jeans, wool socks (feet have still been cold ALL DAY) and winter coats. 😖😖😖 Most of our spring flowers popped out this week, and are 3 weeks earlier than last year, which was a cold spring.

Oh joy, we have another Colirado low coming. Supposed to dump snow and maybe some rain on us between tomorrow night and Friday morning.

1.5" rain the last two days! Very welcome. It came nicely, so did not beat up the flowers. Billy still has his blanket on. I took it off yesterday because he seemed uncomfortable in the afternoon; this morning when I went out he was shivering, so I put it on him again. Sun may come out later. Hoof trim due tomorrow. Since I don't have Dapper Dan any more, I may take Billy into town and meet the farrier at the arena. Maybe take my cart and drive around town, if the weather permits.

Unusual cooler days for us here. I think we are a month behind than the normal. We are staying in the 70tys to 80tys but today was 65. The wind is crazy!! 35 mph about. Blowing dirt everywhere.:confused:

That sounds cold for Southern Cal. Here in Connecticut it was 75 today, which was wonderful. Up until today however, it has been unusually cold, in the 50's and low 60's. I was still making fires in the wood stove until just 2 days ago. The last 3 fires I made didn't feel quite right as I was adding smoke to our already extremely smoky skies (from Canadian Fires), but wood stove heat feels much better than furnace heat :) We usually stop using the stove at the end of April and here it is June. It has been a very strange spring.

That sounds cold for Southern Cal. Here in Connecticut it was 75 today, which was wonderful. Up until today however, it has been unusually cold, in the 50's and low 60's. I was still making fires in the wood stove until just 2 days ago. The last 3 fires I made didn't feel quite right as I was adding smoke to our already extremely smoky skies (from Canadian Fires), but wood stove heat feels much better than furnace heat :) We usually stop using the stove at the end of April and here it is June. It has been a very strange spring.
Sounds like your weather running later also . I hope they get the fires under control soon

98 a few days ago but a front blew through and it's in the 70's and wet. Another hold up for the wheat harvest. Yesterday Pepper and I rode with my husband in the semi to deliver a load of wheat to the elevator. He is helping out a farmer neighbor for a few days. It sure brought back memories of my farm childhood. I'll always love the smell of deisel exhaust. Pepper was not happy with that noisy truck; should have left her home.

It’s been raining in the evenings here lately. Between the weather, my 81yo father-in-law being in the hospital with pneumonia and Covid, my mother-in-law testing positive with Covid, and Breezy having another eye injury 😝😝 I haven’t got to drive ponies since last Thursday 😝 when it rains, it pours!

It is suppose to be up in the triple digits by this weekend. Everyone is doing good much better now and all are on the mends 😊 so hopefully I’ll be getting my bike out again real soon! 💕

It’s been raining in the evenings here lately. Between the weather, my 81yo father-in-law being in the hospital with pneumonia and Covid, my mother-in-law testing positive with Covid, and Breezy having another eye injury 😝😝 I haven’t got to drive ponies since last Thursday 😝 when it rains, it pours!

It is suppose to be up in the triple digits by this weekend. Everyone is doing good much better now and all are on the mends 😊 so hopefully I’ll be getting my bike out again real soon! 💕
yikes!

Latest posts

Back