Hopping mad at the transporters!! AGAIN?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be saying big Fairy prayers! You know you can camp here overnite if needs be. heck anyone can if they're traveling through.

Yes! Mike Cox is the name I was thinking of. There is another one too, I think Horse In Around or name that is similar also based in Texas?

Mike is good, been in the business a loooooooong time and his drivers know how to drive and back up and long long driveway in the hills if they have to
default_smile.png
PLUS I love his southern accent
default_wink.png
: There are other reputable mini horse transporters too, just hard to get a booking with them as they stay full most of the time.

I know it is aggrevating to wait on a purchase. I have been waiting for over one month to get a mare and baby home, and as it turns out it is the very transporter you are talking about. I will NOT TOLERATE a "no return phone call" of any kind-for a month? I also noticed that this particular hauler did not appear to be knowledgable about loading horses either, and I made a comment about it to the foaling center.

Good luck with your babies, I hope you get them home soon.

Beth

We had the same thing happen..so not much help..all we do is use this transporter NO more..or recommend him..

Our filly traveled from 550 miles NW to 300 miles SE of us..he zipped 60 miles by the house without stopping!

She was on that trailer for 8 days..I have trouble catching her now..I bet she is scared to death she has to go on that trailer again!
default_unsure.png
:
default_unsure.png
:
default_unsure.png
:
default_unsure.png
:

I have had great luck with Moore Family Equine Express. The trailer is semi- openm so this time of year the horses need a blanket or two. They are great, fast, reasonable, great with the animals, and you can call them as many times as you would like while they are in route. They will let you know how your horse is and how close they are.

They helped me out after I got "burned"last summer.

Shippers took the deposit, called the morning of the transport and said the truck was broken, couldn't make the trip, and I never heard from them again. They apparently used the LB transport page to advertise, but upon looking further into it, they had half a dozen or more, of listings for transport on the transport page. They had listed a new post every few days, but it seemed that they had routes west, and trips going east at the same time. I just figured, well they have more than one driver. Wrong, never saw my deposit again either.

Any how, Moores Family Equine Express came to my rescue. From the time I contacted them until I got my mare I think it only took 4-5 days. They drove all day from N.C to Pa on MEMORIAL DAY and delivered her that evening.

Promise

Last edited by a moderator:
I always reccomend Worley's out of Kentucky. They are very trusting, caring people and do a great job.

But I'm sure there are many good transporters out there and you will get more recomendations.

Joyce

:no: That is terrible and happened to me last year. I will NOT use this guy again. Could you post what state the transporter lives? That would at least give everyone a heads up. The transporters that I use are Worleys,[/b] Sharrway and Mini Ventures. ALL are very responsible, clean trailers and good care for the horses.

Wouldn`t it be great if we could get a list going, we could pass it around to whoever is interested and RATE the Transport companies? Like from one to five *Stars." Maybe someone would know how to set this up?
default_yes.gif
:

Fiona if you get really desperate (moreso than now!) and if we could find a couple other people to maybe split up gas, just let me know. Hillary and I are always up for a road trip..and we CAN make it to WI and home in 4 days if need be with the two of us driving. You know, maybe I should just quit my job and bring horses up here to Maine..it seems to be a real problem finding anyone from the "real world" who wants to come up here lol.

If it helps anyone, I have used Al Ziegler transport out of Iowa. He took 4 minis to Florida for me and did not cancel or charge extra even though it was during a hurricane and there wasn't any gas to be found in that area. He called several times to let me know what was going on, and he called to tell me what the new owners were like! The new owners then called to say how pleased they were with the horses and what good shape they were in when they arrived. Lots of communication all the way around. I believe he has been in business for about 50 years, starting with his Grandfather. I believe his name and number is listed under transports on this site. He stops every so many hours to check on them. Maybe he can help with some of this mess for you.

Okay... let's not say that Maine is difficult!!! We have roads here and everything!

Sarah and I want to go for you guys! ROAD TRIP!!! And maybe we could buy a horse from Marnie too!
default_wink.png
:

We're looking at the map right now and thinking about what we need to do for the Yukon.

Our trailer will hold 6 minis. And the Yukon sleeps 3 adults! LOL

Hillary and Jen... you open for next week?

Please e-mail me the name of the transporter, I am curious to see if it is the one I have had problems with. thanks. [email protected]

For anyone wanting to know the name of the company you can pm me!!!!!!

I will share their name with anyone interested because I refuse to defend them!!!!!

It is absolutely disgraceful and Marnie, Deb and I are all upset!!!!

Every one is being very fair and considerate but lets face it this is a HUGE inconvenience to all!!!!!!!

I am still really mad........can you tell!

I have used All State, Blue Chip and Beaches West All Points(out of Canada). All 3 were great. Beaches West was actually early and gave me a box stall at no extra charge. Blue Chip is expensive, but are always on time and very professional. And, All State was reasonable, kept in touch the whole trip and even stopped in at the grocery store to buy my colt his favorite treat-peppermints! This colt had only been trailered 1 time and wasn't that easy to get on the trailer. They took the effort on the way down to unload and load him and by the time he arrived, he was self loading! Had great luck with all 3 companies.

Good luck!!!!

Jen

anyone who is intrested in transportation of horse sfrom WI -Maine or states between e-mail me [email protected] we may be able to do it for you as we are talking about going to et Fiona's for her.. If we can get a bunch of horses it would certainly make it worth everyones wile.

anyone who is intrested in transportation of horse sfrom WI -Maine or states between e-mail me [email protected] we may be able to do it for you as we are talking about going to et Fiona's for her.. If we can get a bunch of horses it would certainly make it worth everyones wile.

Is it impossible to get a deposit back?? Or is it once they have it you must be patient. That situation just stinks
default_sad.png
Good luck!

I wanted to add that thye did return my deposit today with no fuss.......this was a plus at least!!!!!!

Now I am trying to get them here with someone else!!!!!!!!!!

Look how nice fellow Mainers are all willing and offering to help out.......who wouldn't want to come to Maine
default_wink.png
:
default_wink.png
:
default_wink.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

You guys are wonderful
default_thumbup.gif
:
default_thumbup.gif
:

I was reading through this thread...and something told me to PM and ask....sure enough....this is the guy we've been waiting for 2-3 weeks to take a stallion to PA.... :new_shocked:

I have had really good results with Horsein Around (www.horseinaroundinc.com)...the horses all came off the trailer in excellent condition...were bright and alert and very happy campers :bgrin They have very reasonable prices also...and I believe go coast to coast every 16 days. And...if you have 2 minis coming from the same place, or who have at least been together a few days before they come...and that can ride together...it only costs an additional $50 to add the second horse. They really are great guys...I'd highly recommend them!

Tracy

capall beag ~ YEP that is the same person I had trouble with last year. NO communication & the dates kept changing. We had waited a while before we got the health certificate, it was the week he was to finally pick up (for the 3rd time) Well we waited again & when we had two days left on the certificate, I called Worley`s & they brought her right to me. Lucky for me they were coming this way. I had contacted Worleys two months before but they didn`t have a trip planned & the other guy said he was heading this way in a week - That did NOT happen, even in 8 weeks, He kept changing his plans. Can`t see how he will stay in business long at all. Hopefully he wakes up & realizes what he is doing. (or not doing) :no:

I got her home later than I wanted but gave a BIG thank you to the Worleys.

Oh Tracy! Road trip! C'mon that wuld be so cool! :aktion033: You can stop here and I'll feed y'all! I'm sure Marnie has a mini made for you! Dontcha Marnie!

Hey Nancy! Who's the gorgeous horse in your avatar?

I too would recommend Worley's, they contacted me ASAP when I was looking to get my 6 month filly from AZ to AR and they had a trip planned to go to the west coast, said they would pick her up on the way back and drop her off in AR. VERY good price, best quote I received from any company. They delivered her a whole day earlier than schedule'd (with advanced notice) and kept me up to speed on everything! They are awesome transporters, take great care of their "passengers" so they arrive home safe! =) No messing around there, just straight shooting for their destinations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back