Hopping mad at the transporters!! AGAIN?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

capall beag

Reaction score
York Beach, Maine originally from Ireland!
I am very unhappy with the shipper
default_shutup.gif
:
default_shutup.gif
:

I will try and make this short but I want to know your opinions?

I arranged transport for 2 fillies at the beginning of March, sent the deposit, per request on March 4.

I made the fianl decision to buy the fillies based on this quote, because they are coming a long way. The shipper advised me that the trip was scheduled for the end of March.

Here we are April 18 and my fillies have not been shipped :no:

Now I hear that they will ship the first one on the 22nd but she will be going half way around America on the trailer
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
: The filly is in WI and I am in ME, the other option I was given was to have the filly brought from WI to TX, boarded for a few days and then brought from TX to NY, I am sure more stops along the way, and then up to ME. :eek: :eek:

I think this is ridiculous :new_shocked: I have never heard of such a thing, I would not see the filly until May and who knows where she will have travelled to in the meantime??

I have been very understanding up until now but this has infuriated me :new_let_it_all_out:

Now I have asked for my deposit back but have not heard.

I am worried that I will not be able to get my filly from WI now because of the cost of gas now I think quotes may be outrageous.........

What do others feel about this??

What would you do in this situation?

Not only have I been put out but the sellers were not planning on having these fillies all through April and possibly into May either?

Fiona, Im going out the end of Aug. I know its along way off but I am planning on it and Ill get em to you safe! Kath
default_yes.gif
:

Please PM me!!!! I am curious to see which ones did this...........

I just had a transporter back out on me after sending a deposit, They informed me 2 1/2 weeks later that it was out of their way and would not honor their original quote......I got my deposit back and was able to get a spot on a trip leaving this week, Thank goodness for these transporters!!! I plan to tell the story once he has arrived!!!

My stallion is coming from WI to KS.

I can feel your frustration......Here I had this trip planned since the end of March.....and they told me that pickup would be the first week or two in April......

SO I pray that he will arrive at the end of the month as scheduled.....

hi fiona

this is lori

i feel your frustration and anger
default_frusty.gif
: :new_let_it_all_out: :new_let_it_all_out:

we also have a mare in foal from wisconsin on the same trip they have had our deposit since the beginning of april and this has gotten outragous unless we get something pronto we will not be able to transport her before she foals.

this is our first experience using a transport company and it has been a very bad one so far i left them a message to call me but have not heard back yet

lori

I have the feeling I know who this is.................The transporter that is I will never use them again

I have the feeling I know who this is.................The transporter that is I will never use them again

I would appreciate knowing who the transporters are that you are having trouble with. That way I coulc avaoid problems for myself or my clients in the future. Thanks- feel free to email privtely if you do not want to name names publically.

I would like to know from the several of you that have mentioned problems, as I have a stallion fixing to be transported. I am sure the company I chose was reliable, but you never really know, so please pm me. thanks

Please, please, pm me who this transporter is.

Robin

I have to put my two cents worth in. I'm the seller. They actually wanted to take this pregnant mare all the way from WI to FL and back up to NJ. And yup, the poor filly was supposed to go to TX to be boarded for a few days because they decided they needed to go to WY for a pickup. They knew from the beginning that she was close to foaling and had promised a direct trip. They kept putting it back a few days at a time. The thing is that they were telling both of my buyers different dates and different things all along, so in my eyes, they were outright lieing. I have dealt with alot of transporters that communication was bad, this was bad, that wasn't to good but these people are just ridiculous. They actually asked one of my buyers, which state came first, Maine or NJ!!!! Shouldn't they have known!! Now after all of us, being so patient with them constantly backing the date up, it was a tornado, then a hurricane, then Easter and on and on, now when they are actually supposed to make the trip, they're changing everything. these people are out of TX and I've seen them on this board, people saying they like them so if anyone wants to know who they are, here, I'll make it so easy for you, just email me at [email protected] and I'll be more than happy to tell you who they are. I"m upset for Fiona and Lori, and for myself and for the horses. They should have been there already, tucked away in there new homes. Both of these buyers are fairly new to transporters and don't deserve to be treated like this, well, no one does. So just ask away so these so called transporters can be put on your "bad transport list" because that's exactly where they belong! Can you tell I"m irritated?

I wonder why transporting seems to be such a problem so often. My first 2 transports were nightmares. I'm waiting on one now...had made a deposit, trip was postponed... then a family emergency caused cancellation. I'm not complaining about the emergency cancellation (medical problems occur), it just seems that things can more often go wrong than right. Fortunately I found another transporter (Wi to Mo) who is supposed to be picking my guy up today with delivery tomorrow. I've got my fingers (and toes) crossed!!!!

Need to add: Thank goodness for understanding sellers!!!!!!!

I just found out that I had used the same Transporters, I would not wish this on ANYone! And let me preface this with the fact that I don't like to badmouth folks, but I do think others should be forwarned about them too.

Marnie's story is EXACTLY what I just went through with these people, date changes, trip changes, not showing up when they said they would, NO communication unless I was lucky enough to get a hold of them. They even asked me if St Paul/Mpls was in IOWA!!!!! My little boy came off a dirty trailer, NO hay, NO water, the first thing he did when he came down the ramp was start trying to lick/drink snow! They never checked on the other 3 horses in the trailer the entire time they were at my place, and they had a 5 month old Mini Aussie stuck in the tack compartment of the trailer with no lights, no room, and just tied him to the bumper of the truck and made him pee right there... We just bought our own trailer so that we never have to deal with this again!!!!!

Best wishes on a safe journey for your girls to their new homes Fiona, Lori and Marnie!

Nancy

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure this is the transporter I most recently used and had a TERRIBLE experience.

NEVER AGAIN!

Marnie can you email me the name to be sure? [email protected]

I use a lot of different transporters with generally very good service.

Can those of you who have been unhappy please email me at [email protected] and let me know which tranporters have not provided the service they should? I have a lot of horses coming and going for both myself and clients and really need to know who not to use.

Well seeing as Marnie jumped on I will also, as you know Fiona was to get Missy but this transport nightmare is awful. Ask Backwoodsnanny about the transport we went through for Techno! What is it with Maine?

Anyways, as sellers, we are being very patient but agree this transport company ain't gettin our kids. They need to be told they are on the "bad" list. We should be able to post somewhere the bad ones so others can be safe. As for these poor horses and their new owners....so sad and just mean.

I hope that if anyone is traveling they might consider transporting these ladies. All have coggins ready, the health certifs are only good for 30 days and expires tomorrow. Now that sucks! I will get another one if I knew when she would leave.

Poor Fiona, should tell you again the nightmare she went through with her first 3 mares to get them home. Wasn't weeks...more like almost a year! But Marnie & Donna & I banded together and she got her girls! Now we just need to figure a way to get these 3 girls to their homes soon hopefully.

What do others feel about this??

see above

What would you do in this situation?

get my $$ back and report them somehow somewhere, there should be some sort of regulatory system like there is with cattle transport/livestock.

Not only have I been put out but the sellers were not planning on having these fillies all through April and possibly into May either?

No worries, Missy will wait until you can. Concentrate on Dani for now and you may get lucky to find someone who will grab Dani and then get Miss and then to you finally.

We have used Cox Transport several time when we needed horses moved in a hurry. This is a big horse firm but they will haul the minis. There prices are /were good also. You may have to travel to deliver and pick up but they run trucks back and forth across the US all year. We contacted them one day and they picked up the mare in Maine two days later. Also, mare left here one day and was in Maine two days later. They don't mess around.

PM me if you are interested at [email protected]

Barbara

I used AllState Transport to ship some horses from Minnesota to the Ontario border in Michigan. They were very reasonable and the horses arrived quickly in good condition. They were referred to me by several people and were highly recommended. I would also recommend them - we were very pleased with the communication, care and speed of delivery. They apparently go coast to coast weekly. I would be interested in knowing who you were going to use as well if you can PM me. Thanks! Good luck getting your horses home safely!

We are currently trying to find a ride from WI to Maine for two fillies. So far no luck, but we are trying hard.

It's true Maine seems to be a tougher ride to find.

For anyone wanting to know the name of the company you can pm me!!!!!!

I will share their name with anyone interested because I refuse to defend them!!!!!

It is absolutely disgraceful and Marnie, Deb and I are all upset!!!!

Every one is being very fair and considerate but lets face it this is a HUGE inconvenience to all!!!!!!!

I am still really mad........can you tell!

Well, I feel really terrible as both of these buyers, Lori and Fiona had been very concerned about it being a Good Transporter and I had told them they were good. They had been thru here in Nov to take two mares to MI and I thought they did a good job so I"m the one that told them that they'd be good and now all this. I wish I could just load the horses up and deliver them. I'm really sorry I recommended them, they'll certainly never be used here or recommended again.

By the way, I've had 8 people PM and email me and half had already guessed who they were, how come I didn't know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back