hooky necks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoops, I missed the question....Lark was a bit over four months in the pic.

I have some newer ones and plan to try and get some next month w/Liz M.

She has a nice, long, and naturally slender neck!

Liz

ohhhh, I wanna play...since you ask about Mares...here is our Dickens Daughter...Flights of Fancys Curtain Call...She is 9 years old and has been a broodmare her whole life..so, she had just weaned a foal when this photo was taken. .
curt4.jpg

ohhhh, I wanna play...since you ask about Mares...here is our Dickens Daughter...Flights of Fancys Curtain Call...She is 9 years old and has been a broodmare her whole life..so, she had just weaned a foal when this photo was taken. .
curt4.jpg
here is another Dickens Daughter Tilly....owned by the Daultons...I love the neck on her too!
colt1(2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the ones I have pictures of that show their hooky necks. The horses were pulled right from the pasture for these pictures. Pretty nice I think.

Here is Jinx

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Here is Ms. B

benitasite.jpg

Here is Blossom

blossom.jpg

I have some other horses I think would qualify, I just don't have pictures I think that show it properly.

This is the best picture I have of our favorite mare, Jandts Cheeri Deeri. She is 11 years old in these pictures, in pasture condition (free choice hay, NO SWEATS, 24/7 turn out).

DinahCollageJuly06medium.jpg

Since my horse seemed to be lumped in with the "not" hooky necks just stretched out to far, I will just take them down.

MinimomNC, I Love your gelding!! What a nice boy, and wish you had some sharper pics to see how pretty he is!!

Many of you have seen this tired picture of the gelding I just sold back to my trainer Dudley, but I still think he's got a great neck!
default_wub.png
:
dudley.jpg

Im not sure if Roymand qualifys
default_unsure.png
: for this but hear are a couple pictures where I think I see it,

Picture061.jpg

The classic "Whos that handsome devil?"
default_rolleyes.gif
:

royshow13.jpg

"Can I eat theses?"

Roy1-1.jpg

Trotting neck, it is there just me and my horrible camera angling
default_rolleyes.gif
:

This is an awsome thread!
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=14pt]To me a hooky neck is one that comes out high from the top of the chest and point of withers and then hooks up and out. There are some of these on the pictures but many that are just long. To me thats not the same. It depends where it comes out of the horse before it snakes forward. Anyone else feel the same way?[/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=14pt]To me a hooky neck is one that comes out high from the top of the chest and point of withers and then hooks up and out. There are some of these on the pictures but many that are just long. To me thats not the same. It depends where it comes out of the horse before it snakes forward. Anyone else feel the same way?[/SIZE]

Lyn
[SIZE=14pt]That's how I see it too, Lyn. I think this is one big thing I have learned with coaching / advice from Erica.[/SIZE]

I also agree. 99% of these have no hooks or "hinges"......just thrusted forward. That is not a hooky neck. But whatever........

Carol

Oh well Carol, at least we were able to see part of what was aked for and there are some nice long necks shown. Even when I put my boys pics on I knew he didn't have it hooked but he sure can and does it alot naturally. Thanks everyone for showing some beautiful horses!
default_wub.png
: Mary

I also agree. 99% of these have no hooks or "hinges"......just thrusted forward. That is not a hooky neck. But whatever........

Carol

Lyn

I too feel the same, I always imagine a fishhook when looking for that "hooky" neck and there are some wonderful ones on here! Some photo's may not show that "hook" but you can tell it was just a wrong angle and that the horse does have a great neck for it.

I think the show gelding shown by Spotted Pony Girl back on page 5 is a great example! Also I congratulate that one because he is a GELDING and even geldings have great potential! =) I am respecting geldings more and more each day...

I'm glad to see that this thread is still going. Lots of pretty horses with great necks. Thanks everyone!

Heres my TINY 28"-30" sr Mare who will be shown at the World show by my trainer Emily Conder (and me in AMMY :bgrin ). For being so little she has a nice neck and small head (wears a yearling size halter). Cant wait for her little foals in the future!

fefe06.jpg

She is sooooo gorgeous! She is a winner for sure. Mary

Heres my TINY 28"-30" sr Mare who will be shown at the World show by my trainer Emily Conder (and me in AMMY :bgrin ). For being so little she has a nice neck and small head (wears a yearling size halter). Cant wait for her little foals in the future!

fefe06.jpg

Well, I thought I would post some pictures of our hooky necks. I will pretty much let the pictures talk for themselves.

This is our Yearling mare who is 33"ish. She will be at R Nationals. McCarthys Miss Kitty

ed70c270.jpg

ed70c271.jpg

This is my Senior Over Gelding who is 37". He will be at R Nationals. Dakotas San Jaun Marcos

edd6069f.jpg

edd60692.jpg

This is our weanling Colt. Aloha Acres Cha Ching

ed70bf6c.jpg

edd607bd.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Posting a photo of Baylee for Stacy Score with Mountain Meadow Miniatures....[/SIZE]

Absolutely breathtaking...... :aktion033:

ed6ffd80.jpg

And Prince....wow
default_wub.png
:

ed6f8768.jpg

Share with us Stacy!!!!

Edited to add Prince's photo.

Here is one of my mares...Rowbuck Bequest of Broadway, a BOB daughter:

bequest.jpg

And just a headshot of her:

RowbuckBequestofBroadway-mares.jpg

Tracy

[SIZE=14pt]This is one of my mares..... I LOVE her neck... I was amazed at it when I shot the photo....[/SIZE]

April

Fudge2.JPG

Great examples of hooky necks Mulligan's Run with Baylee/Prince and Flying G. They look like hooks! Most of the neck examples I've seen displayed in this thread are of stretched and arching necks. IMHO

Dawn :saludando:

Back