hooky necks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

attwoode

Reaction score
I'm looking for pictures of long hooky necks. They are talked about a lot, but I don't see them very often. I'm particularly interested to see mares with this trait.

Go to www.winningstreaktc.com and click on 2006 foal, Winning Streaks Magic Twist has the most amazing natural neck I have Ever seen, and he's just a weanie!!

Here's Winning Streaks Magic Twist, he's about the hookiest thing I have ever seen!!
webtwisterhead.jpg

He is completly natural here, no sweating etc, just him. The kid was just Born with this, as his parent are amazing as well!! :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind, she's a twelve (12) year old broodmare, but I think the neck on my mare, Lou, looks nice and hasn't ever been sweated. She could probably be made to look much nicer but she doesn't really need the fret. This is her a week or so ago just stood up not trying to stretch her or anything.

LOU--07312006--%20085%20BRUSHED.jpg

Wow semi is just beautiful!!!
default_wub.png
: Sharon J the foal in your avatar is gorgeous!Who is he/she?

I don't really know how awsome his neck is, but Slick seems to have a hooky one. :bgrin

01rockysfoals004.jpg

He is a 13 y/o 35 inch 'B' gelding.

And then there is Cleo, my 5 y/o Hispano-Arabe mare. I love her neck!

aenglishcleo002.jpg

newbirds002.jpg

ababies005_271599.jpg

cleosept13_05014.jpg

(Did you mean only minis? :eek:

Tristyn, that is our colt Moonie. He is almost 1 month in the picture, we're still trying to decide to keep him or sell him. He is our first baby ever so kinda hard to let him go. :bgrin Loren & Rocky, I'd say that was a hoocky neck
default_yes.gif
: Pretty boy. Your mare is lovely also!

Jill, I REALLY like that mare, Lou- she does have a really good, natural neck- that is the most important thing to me- that the horses actually has "it" in the first place.

The only place to see that is out in the meadow!!
default_yes.gif
:

i wouldnt say alfie had a "hooky" neck at all but he was looking into a mirror and it was a " hey i can be bigger than you" look lol hehe funny boy..

Alfalfa182.jpg

Jill, I REALLY like that mare, Lou- she does have a really good, natural neck- that is the most important thing to me- that the horses actually has "it" in the first place.

The only place to see that is out in the meadow!!
default_yes.gif
:
Thanks, Jane
default_smile.png

Lou has been one of my favorites ever since I bought her in 2002, but I actually think as she is aging, the more I'm appreciating her outter beauty. I always knew on the inside, she's gorgeous but with my eyes these days, I'd put her conformationally at the top of my mares.

Just got to show off my boy, too. This is Ericas Gone and DunIT pictured a couple months ago. He is a yearling. I have him posed with his neck lower than it is held naturally. He's got a very high head carriage and a neck that goes on forever.

2006%20VMHC%20Summer%20Show%20--%20DunIT%20--%20106.jpg

I can't hardly wait to see what DunIT x Lou makes for me in the future
default_wub.png
:

capall beag nice mare and filly cuteeeee
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Sorry, here's another... this is my new silver buckskin filly, Flirt (Harrells Flirting with Perfection). Pictured to show off her neck after a clip (and she's a baby so it's all natural in her neck) and the other day to show she really is silver buckskin.

FLIRTFACE2%2006212003.jpg

Flirt%20--%2008082006%206.jpg

My senior show gelding has a long hooky neck. His name is Rocking JM 3T Bruce Almighty, i will be taking him to nationals in a few weeks too. Aubrey

efb8e342.jpg

efb8e5fb.jpg

Here is a picture of our mare Star, she has a very pretty hooky neck naturally. When we first got her in January she was spazoid mare, now she is turning into a very nice little mare. Can't wait to pair her up with our stallion Ringo
default_yes.gif
: She is two this year so we are going to wait until next spring and introduce them.
starlite.jpg

I think this boy has a nice, all natural, long neck and he can hook it too when he wants to. I love to watch him out in the pasture showing aND USING HIS NECK! Mary

Latest posts

Back