HOLLY FOALED !!! MY BABY IS HERE!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty, calm down!!!!!!!! The baby is having his colostrum first. You probaly won't see milk for at least a day. The colostrum is a clear sticky stuff. The more he sucks the better it will come in. Things sound normal to me. What do you other guys think?

I don't want to over stimulate him and make a fainter outta him or anything so I am letting them alone for now. I am watching on the cam though. Holly is such a good mommy! She actually hikes her back leg into the air so that he can nurse. Gosh I hope he is getting something. Oh I love this baby. He has all his fingers and toes and a full head of hair. Did I tell you he's a solid bay? No white! I did expect some white socks or something. Who cares. He's alive!!!!!

He is such a smart baby too. He already knows the alphabet and can count to 100! He knows every member of the Beach Boys and all their songs already by heart.

He's kinda funny looking though. Has these itty bitty ears.... He can trot and run in the stall already. Lots of energy. And makes this smacking noise when he is trying to nurse.

I can't believe this but Holly has already eaten half her bedding......geez....I had it all nice and cozy too darn it. I can't go to sleep tonite. Too nervous just yet.

Yes, Marty. CALM DOWN! EVERYTHING IS GOING WONDERFULLY!!!!!

The clear goo is colostrum. Baby is getting just what "he" needs. Baby has pooped. (Clean it outa there as it's sticky icky!)

And if the placenta has passed and is bagged up incase a vet needs it tomorrow, all is well and you can GO TO BED.

Your Little ol' Holly is being a great mom. You must have read the right books to her on how to do it.
biggrin.gif

NOW GET SOME REST. (And post more pictures in the morning!)

Hugs! MA

Ok, Marty, when you have some time, can you sit quietly in the corner and observe and listen real close to the foal nursing? Should maybe hear a little smacking/slurping but most of all, important: swallowing!

If he's doing that, then he's getting something, and watch to see if he very soon starts going pee and poop regularly. Usually that also means they are getting enough colostrum.

I'm so happy for you, and bay is a very beautiful color!

More pics!!!

Liz M.

Marty said:
Baby is latched on now, makes a lot of noise under there but still, from my last experiences with this I was able to easily express white milk. Baby is under there almost constantly too every few minutes. I feel he is just not getting enough of whatever is there but maybe this is normal? Afterwards, he takes off trotting around like ZOOOOOMMMMM! So he must be getting something, right?
He pooped too! He pooped out this big lonnnnnng turd like a dog. What the heck!

Holly loves him. She keeps kissing him, licking him.

Right now they are taking a rest. They are laying down together so cute and cuddleing with eachother.
Aw, Marty, congratulations!! I can't believe I caught this thread an hour after you made it and it's already three pages long.
laugh.gif
Babies who go ZOOOOOMMMMMM!!! are doing good. Relax. Baby's "shoes" will fall off on their own; leave them alone unless they're really bugging him. (Not you, him! Hehehe.) Baby is pooping meconium (I think). Baby will not appreciate having his ding-a-ling dipped- lay off unless you're sure you've got the right one in hand.
biggrin.gif

I can't believe Holly and Nick managed to have a solid baby!
new_shocked.gif
With parents named like that he's got to have some kind of Christmas name. And he shares several forum birthdays apparently, so that could be in there too. I sense a naming contest!!

Congratulations. The forum will be buzzing about him for weeks, I'm sure. Don't forget to set off those fireworks!

Leia

Marty, you are too funny

If the foal is trotting around and stuff he is mostlikely getting something.

If he eats and then sleeps he is most likely getting something a well.

OIf he has pooped he is probably getting something.

OK, Youve got 3 of 3 now

Watch for a couple hours then drink a beer and go to bed!

Oh did I say CONGRATULATIONS!

Marty said:
He pooped too! He pooped out this big lonnnnnng turd like a dog. What the heck!

Marty, you just crack me up! Ya know, some kids are born with talents like making balloon animals.....or pooping a turd like a dog. It's all good and it's what makes us uniquely special
wink.gif
....I say,,, yipee the Brave Prancers first stud baby has arrived.
biggrin.gif
Begin to worry if he spells the alphabet out in the next B.M
laugh.gif

I have no other advice on the milk issue.....I have faith in Holly and know her guardian angel will be there to help get that baby off on a Milky Way!
yes.gif
The milk will come....I know it will.....now lots of fluids to mama and some good food.

Speaking of Milky Ways AK.A candy bars....go have some chocolate....it will give ya some energy through the night. Thinking good thoughts/prayers for you and Baby "what's his name?"
new_multi.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Congratulations, marty sounds like Holly and the baby BOTH read the book....if she's passed the placenta, GO TO BED and dream sweet dreams while Holly and baby get acquainted. Everything sounds normal.

Hmm Holly -- Nick -- Fetus-- ok in honor of Christmas and Fetus how about

wub.gif
Festival
wub.gif

Ginny StP

YAY HOLLY!
aktion033.gif
laugh.gif

I'm so excited! I've been checking the forum multiple times a day to check up on this baby
new_shocked.gif
it's 4:30 am and I couldn't sleep, so decided to take a look here, and there's a picture of Fetus!!!
risa_suelos.gif

And Marty, didn't I see a post a couple weeks back that you had already decided on a name??
517.gif

I can't wait for dried off pics!!!!

Marty I am sooooo happy for you! Congratulations! isn't it the most wonderful thing? I love to lay in bed after alls well and watch the baby run and play and the poor mama try to rest! I'm wish you well with your new little one.

birthday.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is the BEST NEWS EVER!! I can't wait to see more pictures
smile.gif

Yay!!!! Marty, I am so happy for you!!!! I nearly didn't check the forum because I'm pressed for time this morning, but now I am very happy I did.

I can really appreciate how concerned you were about him not nursing right away. We went through that with Skipper and the vet was there with us in the stall (emergency call) at like 1:30 am! We had to express milk from Lou and put it in his mouth. He did finally nurse around 4am. It was such a long night, Harvey and I both camped in front of the stall and I couldn't feel excited because I didn't think Skipper would last. IN HINDSIGHT, if we had not been trying to show him where to nurse, he probably would have nursed. It's natural for them to resist the pressure of us pushing him towards the milk bar.

Can't wait to see some dried off pictures of your new little boy!!!

and, btw [SIZE=24pt]congratulations[/SIZE]!!!!!

baby6.gif

GOOD GIRL HOLLY!!!!!!!
aktion033.gif

He is adorable Marty....you ALL did good!!!!!!
yes.gif

How about something with "Festive" (close to Fetus
laugh.gif
) in it?

Now get some rest, cuz I know you are going to be spending every waking moment playing with that new little boy!
wub.gif

Yeah Holly! Marty I am SO excited for you! Big Congratulations on a beautiful bay colt! I am so very happy that all went so well for you and Holly.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif
and............. she was even nice enough to wait until she was in her stall and not foal out in the mud LOL!!

Congratulations, Marty!!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I'm so happy that Fetus arrived safely and it sounds like now everything is going great!

I'm betting by this morning little Fetus is doing all the normal foal things. Can't wait to see new dry pictures of him running around.
smile.gif

"CONGRATULATIONS!!" Holly!! and Marty, too!!!!

Gosh every morning when I get up I check to see if that much wanted baby is here and was surprised to find that he is actually here.

It sounds like everything went text-book delivery and Holly is going to be a great Mom!!

It is going to be fun to hear about all of the antics of "Fetus!"

I hope Marty that you were finally able to get some sleep.

Can't wait to see dried off pictures of your precious new little man!!!!

Congrats Marty! Everything sounds like it is going wonderful. Can't wait to see more pics.

Congratulations Marty. This birth of your new foal would make a great subject for a new book.Relax and enjoy your new foal.
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back