HOLLY FOALED !!! MY BABY IS HERE!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Color me confused
default_wacko.png
:

You are not confused........it's everyone else.

HELLLLLLOOOOOOOO EVERY ONE! There is NO NEW FOAL! This thread is from August of LAST YEAR!

Last edited by a moderator:
I always think that one soul replaces another on this earth. One life ends another begins. It's a good plan.
What a wonderful quote...when we lost Liberty in 2004 and found Finisterre, it was like it was meant to be. Libby was a rescue (she was severely neglected) and Finisterre is a PMU foal...both are very much loved.

Congratulations Marty on your new baby! I am partial to bays...our bay baby Nefertiti (born 05-22-06) sends baby kisses to the new wee one!
default_yes.gif
:

Enjoy and relax!

Denise

Silversong Farm

That was the first thing I did was check the date of this post..
default_wink.png
:
default_yes.gif
: .......WAKE UP PEOPLE- your really behind.
default_yes.gif
:

Now I see Summer storm was just commenting that it was almost a year... a good memory for Marty! Funny how we get confused so quickly!

Oh my Marty,

The biggest Congratulations on the new baby, but you can't do this, you got to tell us

if we got a new neice or nephew? Come on... I got to know??

On the nursing, we seem to always get the ones who are hard to teach. This last filly

took me several hours of working with her, I did like Lynn said, and got her head down

there, and then squirted milk on my hand and rub the mare good, and then let the baby

nurse on my figure, then kept pulling my figure to the bag, and then squirted the milk.

A couple of times, I put the baby's mouth up there, holding it there, and then squirted the

milk at her, finally she caught on. So keep working, if you need to you can put some in

a syringe and feed it to the baby. But be careful. Just keep working on it. Sometimes to

the mare will teach them. Hang in there, and how wonderful Jerry was there to help you

with getting the baby out. What a great guy.

Hey Tell Daniel I will call this week, this week here was very crazy, had to take 2 horses

to the Vet, Gabriel was very sick. So I have been spending a lot of time in the barn with him.

He is staying under the foaling camera. But he is doing better, and his fever down now. So I

will call this week.

Congratulations my friends. How exciting and I am so happy for you.

Vicky

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Okay now I am so confussed, is this the real deal, did Marty have new baby. I do see now

the old dates, but it is her avatar thing. So what is the deal? If you did have a new baby

Marty congratulations, if not wished it were true. I am so confussed?
default_wacko.png
:

Vicky

Oh my Marty,

The biggest Congratulations on the new baby, but you can't do this, you got to tell us

if we got a new neice or nephew? Come on... I got to know??

On the nursing, we seem to always get the ones who are hard to teach. This last filly

took me several hours of working with her, I did like Lynn said, and got her head down

there, and then squirted milk on my hand and rub the mare good, and then let the baby

nurse on my figure, then kept pulling my figure to the bag, and then squirted the milk.

A couple of times, I put the baby's mouth up there, holding it there, and then squirted the

milk at her, finally she caught on. So keep working, if you need to you can put some in

a syringe and feed it to the baby. But be careful. Just keep working on it. Sometimes to

the mare will teach them. Hang in there, and how wonderful Jerry was there to help you

with getting the baby out. What a great guy.

Hey Tell Daniel I will call this week, this week here was very crazy, had to take 2 horses

to the Vet, Gabriel was very sick. So I have been spending a lot of time in the barn with him.

He is staying under the foaling camera. But he is doing better, and his fever down now. So I

will call this week.

Congratulations my friends. How exciting and I am so happy for you.

Vicky

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Okay now I am so confussed, is this the real deal, did Marty have new baby. I do see now

the old dates, but it is her avatar thing. So what is the deal? If you did have a new baby

Marty congratulations, if not wished it were true. I am so confussed?
default_wacko.png
:

Vicky
When you change your avatar and signiture it changes it on all your old posts too:) So that is why her avatar is her updated avatar.

Okay, I get it now, I had to go back and see where Storm posted to make it all make

sense. She was just saying its been a year. I did not see these post, when I started my

post. The last one I read was someone else congratulations to them. So I thought wow

how did I miss that Holly was in foal. I look at the avatar thing, and saw the new one, so

I just thought that she had a new baby. I did not look at the dates. Thanks for the help,

and thanks for telling that when you change it, it changes all of the old ones to. Well, sorry

Marty, sure wishing you could have had a new baby. That would have been great. But you

do have Timmy, and Knight Star. And what beautiful boys they are. I guess I got my cart

before the horse again. I started reading some of the post after I posted, and was confussed

then.
default_wacko.png
:

Vicky

well this is weird. this is so old. and i think it is really funny how everyone thought he was a bay, and comenting on what a pretty bay he was. now he is black! lol. this will be....lets see,..the 175 reply! wow, marty, what a popular baby you had!

i am his #1 fan!!!!!!

and i'm glad you named him timmy, not fetus.

he is what now, 11 months old? YAY TIMMY MAN!

Oh Marty , he/she is beautiful :aktion033: CONGRATULATIONS!! I had a filly born in May, that looks bay just like your foal (in my avatar). I was going to post what worked for me as my foal didn't nurse for the first 3 1/2 hrs and seemed to be starting to give up. MONA posted what I did, also. Although I ended up milking the mare and getting some colostrum into baby by bottle giving her a little boost. Once she figured it out , she was fine. I was beginning to think she was a little "thick" ! I was a nerveous wreck . I think it was about 10 hrs before she was on the teat. Good luck, and be sure she gets that colostrum soon, by bottle at least til she figures out the correct way. Call your vet for advice , I did.
default_smile.png
P. S. Check under that tail please
default_yes.gif
: LOL

Thank-you for clearing up the date confusion - I have not been on much lately and I look at when things have been posted and I saw August, 2005 - and I thought I was in a time warp! It is good to remember days full of joy = for Marty and for all of us. Marty - I love you, I hold you in my thoughts daily and I hope your mini "babies" give you the comfort and strength that we all want to give you.

Latest posts

Back