Hey Mainers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abby

Reaction score
Was wondering how many forum members are showing at the Cumberland Fair on Saturday?

Lee

Our plan is to go, but we're not bringing any horses. We just aren't prepared. No one is trained in showing at all-- including the people.

Hope to see you guys there. We'll be wearing our LB buttons!

Tracy & Sarah

Good luck, Lee & Snip!!!! Have a great time!!!! I will be rootin' for ya from here in NJ!!!
aktion033.gif
wub.gif

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

We're not pros either. This is my first year showing and I'm going to show Snip. I learn something new every time, meet new people and have fun. I don't know what to expect so this should be fun.

I don't have an LB button, but I'm showing out of a silver and black trailer and Snip is in my avatar. I hate my show jacket (black with pink trim) but I'm going to sew myself a new one this winter for next season.

Lee

P.S.

Hey Linda, Snips been doing really well. Patty has been picking on her non stop so she hides by Apollo. I think Patty is bred and very bi***y. But Snip always gets extra attention, she demands it and how can I say no
wub.gif

I'll send more pics soon.

saludando.gif
Hi Lee! Well, you just tell Patty to back off of our little girl!!!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
Seriously, have a great time at the show and I'm looking forward to pictures. Please give her and yourself a huge hug for me. Emma too!
wub.gif

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

Hey Lee-

We were hoping you were coming. Its a fun show with a wide variety of classes. After the show you can enjoy the fair. We are bringing just our futurity babies for the futurity class this year. Make sure you nominate your baby coming for the futurity class next year. Also our club calendars will be on sale, they are awesome!!! See you saturday

Julie

Boinky and I will be there. I think between the two of us we'll have 11-12 horses there, but I have one who might be sold and if so will be staying home and one I'm not sure if I'm showing yet or not.

And Tracy, who needs to be prepared! We'll be winging it with some of our guys. What better time to learn and have fun at the same time.
biggrin.gif

Lee, I'll try to get up and say "hi" this time. I'll be in the mares class, which I'm guessing you are too? I bet I can get her close enough to say "hi" without her only thought being "can I breed it" like the stallion I had at Highview.
no.gif

Hey, if anyone is there, bored and wouldn't mind helping us out, we could surely use it, even if it's just holding a horse. We're showing in every class but the jumping, geldings, and futurity, I think. And I'm thinking about jumping. *scratching head* I keep telling myself to only bring 1-2, but I just can never actually DO it! I'm so excited to actually be showing my horses myself though. Usually have to find other people to do it since the classes up here never get broken down much. A BIG thank you to the MMHC for splitting things up!

weeeeeellllll.....

Sarah and I are talking about bringing a couple horses....

We'll see if we can pull it together or not...

going to check out the website now...of course I don't have a program or anything...I wasn't even thinking about it until now....

We will be there (my Daughter and I) we don't have a LB button but my Daughter is very hard not to notice, tall for a 9 year old and very friendly. We aren't going to take any to show this time, this will be our first time at a Mini show and just wanted to see what we are getting into. Will probably start next year with a couple. Did buy a great gelding that's all trained for cart and jumps, now we just need to find a cart for him.

Checking In we are coming at least we hope. Not bringing horses either but can help hold some if needed I will e-mail Boinky and let her know that. We dont have LB buttons either but will be wearing Maine Pride Miniatures jackets and sweatshirts. It will be me and Scoopie Doo from the forum and her daughter and even my bearded old hubby if he recovers enough by then. Hes a week out of surgery so well see. Would like to see my granddaughter get a chance to watch first hand as she has a yearling she is working with for next year. Sooo will see some of you there.

I have a couple of kids that would love to help out. They will be tending the gate, but also would like to do some other things. Let me know when you get there and I will get you guys together. They are volunteering their time for the club and I know they would love to help with holding or brushing etc.

Julie

LOL i'll be hard to miss! lol i'll be the red head with the two big shiners from getting bashed in the face by my neighbors very stubborn horse lastweekend and breaking my nose in two places! LOL i'm going to try to find conceiler to cover it..but i'm sure it will probably still be noticeable! (don't laugh at me! lol) LOL I could use someone to show one of my stallions in halter. I'll be bringing my suckling filly for the weanling class (yeahi know she's not technically a weanling! loland idon't have a show halter that fits her..lolso i'llprobably have to use a shoe string..heheeh) and her mom for roadster. my two boys will be going in the driving classes too. should be lots of fun.

Oh Boy, this is gonna be fun!!!!

My hubby is coming too, (big belly & big beard).

I'm going up with some friends and their yearling colt. They're not showing him though, just want to get him out.

I'll be the one trying to run in the classes
rolleyes.gif
hubby says I look dumb but I give it my all anyway. I think Snip gets bored but she's behaved so well at the shows we've gone to and I enjoy it even if it means I'm on the couch all afternoon when we get home.

I'm not body clipping her, too cold. Just trimming a bit.

I better go watch the showmanship video again.

Lee

Abby said:
Oh Boy, this is gonna be fun!!!!My hubby is coming too, (big belly & big beard).

I'm going up with some friends and their yearling colt. They're not showing him though, just want to get him out.

I'll be the one trying to run in the classes
rolleyes.gif
  hubby says I look dumb but I give it my all anyway. I think Snip gets bored but she's behaved so well at the shows we've gone to and I enjoy it even if it means I'm on the couch all afternoon when we get home.

I'm not body clipping her, too cold. Just trimming a bit.

I better go watch the showmanship video again.

Lee

475634[/snapback]

Lol that's ok..i can't run either..infact i'm not SUPPOSED to because of my knee problems..but i grit my teeth and do it for the couple classes i have to do, after all....If i don't show my horse(s) who will??..LOL shhh don't tell doctor though! I also look rediculous doing it..i'm sure we aren't the only ones that feel that way either! lol and i'll be even funnier looking with my shiners ;) Hehe and of course i'm not sure what i'm going to do with the filly..hehe guess i'll seriously just have to whip together a string halter so it's refined enough for her..wont be as beautiful asa show halter..LOL but it'll have to do ;)

Tracy,

I don't know if you guys have everything you need..but if you need show halters i have a couple extra's you can borrow if your going to show in halter class's.

Hillary

Tracy,
I don't know if you guys have everything you need..but if you need show halters i have a couple extra's you can borrow if your going to show in halter class's.

Hillary

475697[/snapback]

That is SOOO nice! I think we're doing okay though. We're still trying to figure out who to bring! Talk about last minute!!
And we'll need pointers...like what do I do now??? We should develop a system of codes....

I just need directions on how to get there...

aktion033.gif

Hi everyone, Wish I could go but I have another commitment this weekend. Julie

save me a couple of calendars and I need some nomination forms for the futurity

for next year. Courtney would have gone but I will have the trailer this weekend

so shes out of luck. Best of luck, have fun! Linda B
yes.gif

We'll be there. Think we will have between 4 and 7 horses. No LB buttons but you can't miss the aluminum trailer. We may have a couple extra hands if they all show up.

Mark

I should spray paint a sheet with "LB HERE"
biggrin.gif

Busy day tomorrow, kinda cold for a bath brrrrrrrrr

Poor Snip, she won't be happy.

Lee

Thanks Linda- We will get you the nomination forms for the futurity for next years foals. You should have some awesome foals coming. I am totally in love with your stallion!! It would be great if you and your daughters can make it next year.

Latest posts

Back