Hello. Just joined forum.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melinda Dean

Reaction score
Just joined the forum and wanted to say a big Thank You to all the folks that post on this site. I have 3 minis (2 mature geldings and 1 soon-to-be gelding) and have been a frequent visitor to these forums. You have helped me learn so much about their care. Switching down from full size horses to minis can present a lot of questions. While I have terrific vets and a great farrier, I have often turned here for topics on feeding, training, equipment, and health issues. Thanks for all the personal experiences. Often, what I have read here has helped me with my learning and the training of my minis. I now do some recreational driving, have clicker trained many tricks, take "Buck" and "Bit" to visit children's hour at local libraries, and host Senior Center visitors to my small barn. You folks have helped me every inch of the way.

I live in Eastern North Carolina, right on the coast. I would love to get to know other mini owners in the area. (Have mini trailer and cart, will travel). There does not seem to be a mini club nearby but there are some open horse shows with mini classes about 2 .5 hrs. from me. I would love to get a group of recreational drivers together for some mini trail drives. Thanks again. Melinda

oops... some how this did not post in my name... I am Melinda Dean, just joined and used Melinda Dean as my posted name. Is there another Melinda who is also addicted to minis and nothing else?

Welcome to you from Southern Maryland, maybe we have met in Williamston NC at the ECMHS, you never know! Glad to meet ya! Terry
default_aktion033.gif
default_saludando.gif

Hi, I did go to the Spring Fling last year. Did not show. Just walked around with my B size "Bucky" doing lots of tricks for the kids. Had a great time. Met lots of members of the East Coast Miniature Club. They mostly live on the other side of NC. Went to a East Coast Open Show in Williamston last June. Showed in Trail and halter for my first and only time. Bucky loved it, I was too stressed!

Hi Melinda. Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Miniature Horses. It's great to see someone taking full advantage of enjoying the geldings of the breed!
default_aktion033.gif

Welcome Melinda! Nice to meet you. We need pictures

Welcome from Jefferson County, Missouri!
default_saludando.gif

So neat to hear about your clicker training. Maybe you can post some pics when you get a minute.
default_yes.gif

Thanks for all the Hellos. I will try to post a flyer from the library showing some of the minis doing their tricks. I use the clicker for lots of behavior training as well. When I praise them, I use too many different words and sounds. With the clicker, the praise is always the same clicker noise, followed by a treat. It is amazing how fast they learn this way. And it is a fun game for them too. Here is Lil"Bit playing soccer, handing me his grooming bucket,shaking hooves with me after dropping a hola-hoop over my head,me doing our Rockette routine (he had just stopped), handing a brush to a helper, picking up his hoop and walking thru it onto his stand. Then about 40 kids lined up and shook hands/hooves with him or got belly tickles. He loves it!!! Melinda

sc00e9f3d6.jpg

Welcome to the forum from central Iowa, it is a great place to learn and meet some excellent people! I love the pictures of your horse doing tricks! I am also Melinda and yes very addicted to minis LOL!

Welcome! I am in NC also, Ft. Bragg area. Your about 2hrs 45mins from me. We have an open show up this way in Smithfield, NC that has a series of mini only classes. It's called the Johnston Co. Horse Show Series. I enjoy showing there. They have everything from halter to hunters and driving and trail obstacle. They have a website and a facebook page you can check out! Would love to see you there! Glad you joined us!

Hi and Welcome from Oregon!! Loved the pics of your horse doing his tricks! I'm a big gelding fan also.
default_smile.png

Hi Melinda, Welcome to the Forum from Northern Italy.

Just to let you know it is against our rules to talk about your horses without posting lots of photos.
default_new_rofl.gif
We need more of that cute little fellow and his buddies.

Renee

Welcome from South Central Pennsylvania! The forum is a great place to learn about minis. Please post more pics of all your boys, we love seeing everyone's horses!

Welcome to the boards from Northern Maryland : )

Latest posts

Back