👋 Hello!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RusticRaspberry

Reaction score
I had a horse years ago, a 6 yp Arab cross named Roxanne that I trained for myself. I also took on training two of her pasture mates, a pair of mustangs that had been previously labeled as "unrideable." When I wasn't working with Roxanne or the mustangs, I also rode my sister's Morab gelding to keep him fit and help curb some of his naughty habits.
I haven't been around horses since I sold Roxanne and quit working with the other three, and since have acquired some disabilities that put owning another full-size horse out of my reach. With the retirement of my service dog, his trainer suggested I might consider training a miniature horse to take his place and that brought me here!

A mini makes a great pet, and there are a few of us on here that have them because health issues keep us from having big horses. I've seen people use them as service animals, and from what I've seen I feel like it's mostly people trying to put a square peg in a round hole. I feel like they do better as emotional support animals. That's just my 2 cents though, there are plenty of people who disagree with me and hopefully they have some great advice for you.

Hello and welcome,
You will find a lot of knowlege and experience on here, on all different subjects. For me, I didn't know they would be my emotional support until they were. Finding the right one to fit your need, minis can be great at anything.

I had a horse years ago, a 6 yp Arab cross named Roxanne that I trained for myself. I also took on training two of her pasture mates, a pair of mustangs that had been previously labeled as "unrideable." When I wasn't working with Roxanne or the mustangs, I also rode my sister's Morab gelding to keep him fit and help curb some of his naughty habits.
I haven't been around horses since I sold Roxanne and quit working with the other three, and since have acquired some disabilities that put owning another full-size horse out of my reach. With the retirement of my service dog, his trainer suggested I might consider training a miniature horse to take his place and that brought me here!
Hi I also decided minis are a better match for me. Good time with your new adventures.

Welcome! Miniature horses are incredibly versatile. I also started with and loved big horses (and small ones, old ones, young ones, … 😂 ) since childhood.

My big horse passed away 8 years ago and I’ve only had minis since that time. They’ve been so versatile and, like many here, I have found emotional support as well as enjoyment with these little horses.

All of the best!

Latest posts

Back