Heidi.....being a prankster

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cam is just beautiful Heidi. Love that rich color AND THAT TAIL!!!!!

Scarlett is such a little princess!

Thank you diane. He does have a beautiful tail and mane but Im still upset with his weight. Hes not obese by any means but he does have a belly and like me he has a big booty..not so attractive on either of us!! I should have taken a photo looking down on him because he is quite wide...I can still feel ribs but not easily..no back bone. I look at other horses on here and they don't look as wide as Cam. He actually has a nice little neck but it looks real thin with the rest of him. Hes on the taller side about 36. Skillet my older guy looks ok but not great....both have coats that are dry and not real glossy.

OOPPSS, Renee, thank you very much. Are you enjoying your visit with family? Im sure the boys are having fun..getting spoiled!! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Heidi, I think you need glasses coz I can see nice shiney coats on both the boys!! Plus I think Can looks fabulous and a credit to you. He is only a yearling and at that age he will seem to be an 'odd' shape at times, he's growing in fits and jerks like they all do.
default_yes.gif

Love the pic of little Scarlett enjoying her own feed!

anna , thank you but I wish you could see them in person...they really don't shine...its most likely fly spray that shines. I don't see the belly on other horses that I see on Cam...even the youngsters. I guess Ill just keep on trucking w/him and see if he changes

I am with Anna and see a lovely healthy youngster and agree that a yearling can be a gangly stage. The only difference with my boys is that I always had a few young colts together and the heavy playing helped build muscle.

You also have dry lots which makes it hard to keep them clean and shiney. You could try cod liver oil in his dinner to help with his coat, I used to buy it in capsules in the health store as they can be easily hidden in the feed. To help with his (invisible) tummy you could try a higher protein feed, mine were on 14%

I really don't think you need to worry though.

oh my goodness I better take all pictures down of my obese horses! LOL heidi if Cam is fat I dare not put any more pics up of Finn!!! lol. cam looks amazing to me! did you clip him this summer or is that his natural coat? does he have a mineral lick in with him? I think try some oil in there feeds like Renee suggested (here we have a great feed called Omega pony plus) which I love and it has sunflower seeds and some other good oils in there, but an oil with omega 3 in it is great for there coats... do you have livamole over there? maybe give that a shot... we LOVE livamole here
default_smile.png
the horses do too
default_smile.png

sorry for all the questions. as Anna said, I really think you need glasses LOL just kidding, your kids look fine! an older horses coat won't shine as much as a younger horse but if you are really worried I'd try adding some oil to there feed
default_smile.png

I will try the oils as you suggested..never thought about human capsules...last time...several yrs. ago I had a gallon of something out in the barn and it spoiled rather quickly. Im assuming it was just the florida heat and never bought it again but the capsules should be a lot easier. Cassie, we have Omega here and I have used it before..maybe I will try it again. Salt and mineral blocks for all. Good point Renee....Cam needs another boy to really play hard with...I should put him in w/Sneeks so he knows how it feels.

Thank you for the nice compliments. Gangly it will be for a bit! uuggh!!! cassie, you better not stop posting little Finn...he's a little rock star but we don't get to see him much anymore!!

haha thats because he's a fat little fluffy nugget and I'm embarrassed to put any pics up LOL na its winter here so by the time I get home at night its pitch black
default_sad.png
not fun or easy to take pictures with no light LOL I have a few that I'll put up for you though.
default_smile.png
just cos I'm nice lol.

yeah give them a try
default_smile.png
ok cool. yeah I'm really liking the omega, I put it in with the mitavite breeda that they get
default_smile.png
even Smartie gets a bit lol

Cam and Finn need to have a play date I think
default_smile.png

Renee if your house is gone I didn't do it
default_new_rofl.gif

Heidi I think your guys look great. But if you're worried you can try my "cheat"
default_wink.png

All my girls eat powdered supplement straight out of my hands, it's a nice way to give a vit/min boost without adding feed.

I think putting Cam and Sneeker together in 6 months is a great idea, and will make weaning easy
default_smile.png

lol Heidi! you could try put cameron in with Sneeker now, but be wary of Sneekers mummy LOL

I remember when I had Hudson at my house, I tried Finn in with Hudson so they could play together, Hudson wanted to play but would play real mean to my sooky little Finnley lol then just as Finn realised that it was ok to play, Classic (the mum) realised someone was in with Hudson and got real mean at Finn poor Finn didn't understand and got really scared...

as Sneeker's mum I think its Holly? knows Cameron I'm sure it will be fine
default_smile.png
but keep an eye on them... but definitley come weaning time put them together! can't wait to see those pictures!!

Thanks you Renee! they are both doing good and are good at giving each other lots of exercise...which means Sneeker doesn't use me as his rearing up toy as often. Little Scarlet boots him in the ars every chance she gets. mothers were never really good buddies before as holly has been a little lost w/o her friend Silver Belle but they seem to be both enjoying not only motherhood but now a different sort of friendship between themselves. I hope they will continue to bond more. Im really loving the way Sneeker is looking...Scarlet?? well shes always just going to be the cute lil love button one.

Renee hows your visit w/your Mom going...were you the proper princess she always wanted?.....Im sure you could fake it well anyway? Are you staying at Brees...LOL,, house now full time?

Oh BTW my cake did not turn out as planned ...tasted o.k. but didn't look half as nice as yours...I put lots of strawberries and blueberries on it and sort of coverd up the mess underneath it all.

Thank you again for helping w/photos

heidi

Great pics - they really are growing fast now, but little Scarlet seems to have pesky Sneeker under control! LOL!!

Glad to hear that the Moms are settling down together too.
default_yes.gif

Good girl Scarlett!!! Give that boy "what for" !!!

They look fabulous Heidi, and glad the mommies have worked out a friendship!

You are welcome Heidi
default_smile.png
They are so similar in colour yet so different in size, little Scarlet needs a hug and a kiss from Aunty Renee for putting up with her annoying older brother
default_yes.gif
I am glad the mum's are starting to make friends.

Mum and Dad leave tomorrow morning so I have just said my goodbye. I tried to be on my best behaviour
default_hypocrite.gif
The boys have gone to their dad's for the weekend too so I will be all alone tomorrow and Sunday.
default_sad.png

Well get plenty of REST.....I'm sure you deserve it!!!

Hope we'll see a lot of you out here on the weekend!

Renee it sounds like a girls night for you or at the very least a quiet bath w/lots of bubbles, ice cream, chocolates, wine, a good book perhaps....just sort of a Renee weekend. Maybe a trip to see and visit with your chips. What ever you decide to do ...don't worry....I/we can always take up a collection if you need to get bailed out...or we can bake you a cake and have it delivered.

Thank you Anna and Diane...you 2 would laugh if you saw Scarlet today. You guys know how crazy I am w/the horses and very rarely do I ever even let them get wet. They get stalled the first sign of rain ...usually b/c Im afraid of the lightning. Well we had a shower today and I didn't hear any thunder or lightning and PNut and Scarlet were standing under the overhang of the barn. I was cleaning their stall..well it started really pouring down hard and I just figured they were standing behind me in the barn. I looked out and there was Scarlet, drenched, running and jumping thru puddles , screaming around palm trees, just a complete lunatic...PNut was also just standing in the grass chowing down like there was no tomorrow..neither one gave a darn that it was really coming down hard...it just made Scarlet have more fun.She was having a complete blast!! I had so much fun watching her. From now on Im not going to fret about getting wet...lightning ..I will bring them in...but rain...Im going to let them enjoy it. I just hope the rain doesn't wash away Scarlets color......she is getting so much lighter...very sad!!

Back