Heidi.....being a prankster

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Renee this is what I love. Im looking at the beautiful stone work and plaster or cement ( sorry Im not sure of the actual application that they would have used )and the darling little port hole window upstairs. And those huge timber logs holding up the overhang....I just love itall. To think this house was built in the 1800"s...just think if walls could talk. Do you and the boys spend your Summers here? how close is this to your other home? Do you plant a garden? What are the inside floors...are they original? Can you tell Im excited? Show us more!!!

Oh Renee, it's stunning! Just absolutely lovely!!! I can't wait to see it when you do your gardening -- it will be postcard PERFECT!

Heidi, I'm so glad you are feeling better about having all those pretty ladies and foals together! They always work it out, but I know how careful a "momma" you are -- and it shows in your lovely horses!!

Last edited:
Thanks Diane....lovely horses??? UMMM not too much w/this rain every dang day!! This isn't supposed to start till August..this is much too soon for me

Thanks ladies, I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. I will dig out the photos of how it looked when I bought it so you can see the difference. The floors downstairs were dirt as this is where they kept the animals (probably goats and a cow or 2) upstairs were wood but far too unsafe to keep. I will take pics of the inside for you tomorrow
default_smile.png

Heidi I know what you mean about the walls speaking, this house is situated right in the middle of where the partisan's were fighting during world war II, the local village was burnt to the ground when the German's left but luckily they never found this house. The man I bought it from is in his 70's and he said it was built by his great grandfather. The stone is not local so they must have brought it in my horse/mule and cart.

I am rambling now and it is past my bedtime. Mum and Dad arrive tomorrow morning and I still haven't finished cleaning
default_thud.gif

oh before I retire (aren't I posh tonight)
default_new_rofl.gif
I have to practise before mum gets here, she raises her eyebrows if I don't talk correctly
default_new_rofl.gif

Matteo made this for you all

night night all

VERY CLEVER!~!!! Thank you Matteo!!!

Sleep well Renee! And "mind your tongue" we wouldn't want to have any eyebrows raised!

And just to make you a bit crazy......it's....."...she raises her eyebrows if I don't talk speak correctly..." LOL!!

Last edited:
ROFL Diane!!!

oh Renee I love that video! reminds me of our little bunny we had when we were younger "Bugs" yes an orginial name I know LOL he used to do that all around the house also soo cute! (of course then you would see his little nuggets all around the house also LOL)

Renee I LOVE that house! is this a new purchase? will you and the boys be living here? is there enough room for a mini or three in a few years?
default_whistling.gif

Oh please thank Matteo for us - she certainly is a lively little girl, bless her! Your mountain house is just fantastic Renee and how wonderful to know a lot about its history - if those walls could speak I bet they would have some great tales to tell. Yes, pics of the inside would be wonderful, both from when you got it and now.
default_yes.gif

Please say Hi to your parents when they arrive, I expect they will be glad to leave the rain behind - yes it's raining here again!!

Heidi, well done for putting the girls and their babies out together, I'm sure it wont be long before they all settle down and become best buddies! How about a picture or two??

It doesn't look awful - it looks fantastic and glorious and I would LOVE to live there - Would you like to switch places? You have my dream house in my dream country. Just found the link to the video - made me smile and please thank Matteo for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh that was wonderful Matteo, thanks..I couldn't help but chuckle with those dance moves!!

Anna, I had planned on taking a video or at least a couple pictures yesterday but the constant afternoon rains here are not cooperating, hopefully today.

Vet will be here in a bit to do all vacs and I've asked him to bring tools to perhaps float a couple teeth if he has time. Im excited b/c the stand that the vet uses to rest the horses head on when they work (floating teeth) is for big horses and he didn't have one that goes low enough for the smaller horses. he would have to sort of "Micky Mouse" it and lean it up on something....anyway it always seemed uncomfortable for the horses and the vet. My husband has a friend that does machine work and helps us with designing stuff for our catering trucks and I asked him to design something. It came out much better than I had expected..he did a great job and even put the soft swimmimg noodle type thingys on the V part so its nice and comfy. Its in 2 parts, and a pretty heavy sturdy base and has about 8 adjustable heights for smaller ponies/horses. I wrapped it in a big box and plan on giving it to him today so he can use it for other clients as well. They never charged me for coming out the night Scarlet was born and were very good when Silver Belle was so sick and I wanted to do something to show how much I appreciated their bed side manner...I hope he likes it...and it works.

Renee, I hope you enjoy your Moms visit..and remember to put your napkin on your lap. don't wipe your mouth with your shirt sleeve, and don't sweep the bunny turds under the rug!!!...Have Fun and please thank

Matteo again for just a cute video!

Forgot to add earlier - Renee, if you dont have world wide communications when you are up at your mountain home, then dont forget to take 'everything' with you when you go into town for supplies - we really cant manage without you for weeks on end!!

Diane Im not sure how often you check the other threads but on the main forum there is someone with a question that I know you could help her with...falabella lease? Maybe you could take a peek, thanks

Also.....are you familiar with the Seminole Feed by chance? Wellness Safe & Lite is the one Im considering

Prot 10%

Fat 3%

Fiber26%

Starch 12%

Horses coats this year look dull and they just don't have the shine. Horses also just don't seem to have any energy. Im not happy anymore w/Strategy..ideas? Mares and foals will stay on Omelene 300 as you suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll go look!

No, I don't know about Seminole Feeds. I've heard the name, but never saw them around here. Sorry, no help. Maybe I can google them and see what they 're like.

It seems like too much starch and not enough protein to me Heidi but maybe someone else knows the brand.

Hugs

I don't really know the brand that well either, but to help you out, what are you looking to get out of the new feed? and, who are you feeding it to? [maintenance? growing horses? breeding stock? working horses?]

For maintenance, the one you picked would probably be fine; but the protein would likely be too low for breeding stock and growing horses. The starch isn't horrible, but could be too high for a sensitive horse.

www.SeminoleFeed.com

Im looking for basically a maintenance feed for all except mares and babies

They are on Stretegy now 1 cup AM and 2 cups evening with a hand full of Alfalfa Pellets I do not weigh hay...I know I should but really cant be bothered. but they are on orchard grass getting about 2 flakes spread around in AM and another 2 flakes at pm to share between 5 horses and these flakes are large...usually mid day they also get another flake. I try to rotate all horses to be on the lawn for about 1 1/2 hours daily and that is the only time they get any real grass b/c my pastures are bare.

They get Natures Essentials but it is a complete waste Im on my second bucket and I don't think they ever eat it in their food...its always still in their dishes when I pick them up.

I stopped beet pulp b/c it attracted flies and they were getting too chunky. I will try to get pic of some of them and get your opinions.

what would you recommend for a lower starch?

Thanks Chandra

They do have a Perform Safe Prot 12%

Fat 8%

Fiber 20%

Starch 9%....maybe this one? Im so confused....Its their lack of energy that seems weird and coats dry and don't shine as much...I don't believe the weather is contributing to the lack of energy

Maybe my lack of energy but not theirs LOL

Heidi, I don't use any grain with my mature horses (except the mares who are due to foal and the foals). If you're having trouble with dull coats, Omega Horseshine is a wonderful supplement. You could mix it with a little oats. There's a wonderful discussion going on the main board on feeding oats. Just a thought.

The Wellness Safe & Lite should be just fine for maintenance, especially with the alfalfa pellets they are getting. I'd probably try it, if they start losing toplines (which is a lack of sufficient protein), then try the Perform Safe Prot 12%. [i'm pretty sure the starch level of either of these feeds is lower than Strategy.]

I've just switched all my normal/maintenance mares to a vit/min supplement with a touch of oats to help it go down (more for me than them, I think). I chose Manna Pro's Sho Glo for my vit/min supplement. Its really too early to tell how much it is or isn't doing for them; they've only been on it a few days. They get 1-4 hours grazing per day, grass hay pellets (I'm short on baled hay, waiting on new crop) and then baled hay at night. I am liking only feeding grain once daily, that is for sure; although, my hard keepers and yearlings are still on 2x daily "grain" (low carb pellet or senior, depending on the horse). Even my very pregnant mare is getting the vit/min and oats plus hers is topped up with a little senior; she was on just more of the senior, but decided she didn't want to eat that much (or just too full of foal to eat that much), she's eating everything now. [i know oats are loaded with starch, but they are the safest grain, and they are literally getting a handful (1/2 cup to be precise, less for the donkey).

As to energy, my mares never seem to have energy to do much more than eat, but then I don't ask them to do much more than that either; they seem quite happy with the arrangement.
default_whistling.gif

New pics from Heidi to evaluate their condition and a cute one of Scarlet eating all on her own
default_smile.png

Cam straight from the pasture

Cam pasture.jpgcam pasture2.jpg

Heidi's 20 year old gelding

gelding 20 years.jpggelding.jpg

Little Scarlet

Scarlet eating alone.jpg

Back