Heidi.....being a prankster

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRibbie

Reaction score
Cant believe we never got the chance to put the camera on....didnt expect this till next mo. Went out and fed first barn this am.....walked over to second barn had my head down scooping out Holly's fed and low and behold ...glance to the side and there was this itsy bitsy nose peeking thru the rails!! holy Sh^%$& bat man!!! Screaming to hubby whos in the house to get out here. Darling little pinto foal!! Ever so friendly...Holly just looking for her breakfast. SH*&^^!!! wheres the placenta, is "it" drinking?...did it poop yet...wheres the darn placenta...holly where did you have this thing..gotta go find it..gotta be here somewhere...oh, shi*&^^&.. gotta feed the other horses...please drink little one...gotta go call vet....darn it, got to get these shavings up...dont have any straw...hate straw..lets throw down hay to cover shaving...darn need to go to other barn to get some stuff to put on umbilical...where the heck is the placenta...baby why are you laying down...are u sick...gotta go call marty ( Hollys other Mom ) dang havent called her in at least a year...wheres her number. Walk the pasture.. oh, heres the placenta .you've got to be kidding me Holly...all this grass and you foal in the biggest dirt pile ever....are you kidding me?? Shoot.....havent even checked the sex...I dont know...have to feed the others first. Its a colt..a pinto colt, tan ( most likely bay ) and white.

Have the vet called and will be out as soon as possible...just a little nervous B/C Ive only seen him nurse for a couple seconds but am hoping he nursed last night as he was pretty active when I first went out this AM. Was nervous w/Cam about the same thing as I recall. He pooped a little bit ago...just want to see him nurse a little more before vet gets here. His name will be Sneeker....Heeza Lil Sneeker.

Waited 5 years for this foal as Holly lost hers a couple years ago so this is sure putting alot of sunshine back in our home....had a very rough year and will explain it all later. Right now I have kisses to give!!

Thank you Holly for giving us this precious gift...I have hit the lottery!!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! You sure know how to throw us some suprises dont you Heidi - or perhaps I should say Holly does. LOL!!

MANY CONGRATULATIONS!!! So glad that Holly has a little baby - sneaky girl!! Of course you well know that we require pictures, and all the news from the vet too. Give Holly a hug from her Aunties and tell her she's a very clever girl!!
default_yes.gif

default_new_rofl.gif
o.k for all the newbies here, this lunatic is our very good friend Heidi, don't worry about her crazy ways cos she is harmless
default_new_rofl.gif

CONGRATULATIONS Heidi and Holly and WELCOME BACK . Calm down and go get pics.

Huge hugs ((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))) and
default_cheekkiss.gif

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see pictures of the sneaky guy.

Thanks!!

The 3 P's are cover'd....I've seen him Poop, P and Play...O.K. feeling better. took Holly out and let her graze and she let Sneeker nurse. He loves darting around and is curious about the other horses on the fence. Still cant believe its done....after Peanut La Tee Da ing...around for months and Holly pops this thing out like a Pop Tart ( for you foriegners thats a breakfast treat we have here in the states that u put in the toaster )....kinda makes me sad...1/2 the fun was the watching and the friendships created. oh well...safe delivery is all we want. Renee, hope to get pictures later...you know me. The best part is that the house is not getting cleaned today as I had planned!! What else is new....he's much more friendly than Cam at this age so you know I just cant leave him alone for a second. Looks like Im so on the ball with my dates....NOT.... that I had better get the camera ready for Peanut...who knows, maybe she'll decide to foal tonight...after all...by my calculations shes due first of July!!

Will let you know more when after vet gets here.

Oh, so we are going to have another loooooooooong summer in front of us are we - waiting for the famous Peanut to foal!! LOL!! Hurry up and get that cam running - roll on the fun and laughter!!
default_aktion033.gif

He's sleeping now so I guess I can attempt to tidy up the house for a few minutes...you know ..just sweep everything under the rug sort of clean. Just wish I had bigger rugs!!

Wish the vet would get here and I also wish he wouldnt lay in the dirt to take his naps...luckily its a cooler day so Im not worried about him over heating outside as I did with Cam. Poor Cam, I kept him in a bubble for the first week...this guy is already out in a dirty pasture running around and stretching. Just the way aunt Anna would like!!...au natural' !!!

Ohhhh, I loved reading the story about finding Holly with a new foal!! Congratulations on your new little pinto colt!! Like Anna said, we'll be waiting (not too patiently) for pictures!! LOL

Heidi I guess pics just aren't going to happen so you better get the cam working and fast
default_1857272.gif
We can NOT wait until your nephew visits to see this little bundle of joy
default_thud.gif
I am so glad all went well and I am very proud of you for not freaking out with baby laying in the dirt.
default_yes.gif
Au Natural is the way to go girl
default_thumbup.gif

Congratulations!!! And what a cute little story, had me in stitches...
default_new_rofl.gif
and so very very true!!! Can't wait to see him!!!

OMG!!!! We thought you had fallen off the planet....or something!!!

I'm so lucky to have been able to come out here during the day -- had to check for a few pictures of some new little ones that weren't there this morning and TO FIND YOU HERE!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You better get some pictures up of this little one -- or I'm driving there to get them myself!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Look what u went and did Diane...now I have happy tears again...just reading your post. So great to read/hear from you again. After my last year... some days I was looking to jump off the planet....I really felt like i was in a hole that was swallowing me up. Now this gift from God....cant type...you got me in tears again!!

Now, you're just surrounded by loving arms again -- and we missed you SOOOO MUCH, and I'm so glad you're back with us!

Can't wait for these pictures -- you KNOW how we are about the pictures!!

smiley_huglongarms.gif

O.K. poop question arriving...now remember Im comparing all this to Cam

Cam pooped little hard normal poops never runny

Sneeker ( as far as Ive seen ) has only pooped twice that I watched and its a runny redish/golden color, no blood. He just pooped again and its the same. Now Im getting a little "heidi-ish...whats going on. Just got off the phone w/vet office and he had a couple emergency calls and will be here as soon as he can. Wormed Holly late ( about an hour ago ) and I only saw him nurse a couple "quickies" after the worming so I dont think its that ( he had runny poo prior to worming ) please help me thanks

My filly's first two poops were hard, but they are now runny goldish too. I believe it is from nursing that does that, as a newborn baby (human) does the same thing and color.

His poop sounds just fine, you probably missed the firmer darker poop. As Viola just said, the colour is from nursing and as long as it isn't watery I am sure he is fine
default_yes.gif
Baby wipes are the best thing for a quick booty clean up if he is getting messy.

Thank you Gone Riding, uumm...never noticed it with Cam...seemed he only had little round ones. never runny. Lord I remember looking for those little suckers every day making sure all was well. Thank you

Latest posts

Back