Heidi.....being a prankster

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I really liked that dress, too. We saw it in the store window as we were walking in, she tried it on, and that was "all she wrote" !!

And Heidi, you have to forgive this old mind -- Rachel is only turning 2 in July -- so her climbing is even more special. Don't know what made me think she was turning 3, but oh well -- even Grandma's are allowed mistakes!

Quite alright Grandma!! I was thinking she was 2 but figured Grandma knows best!!! I don't think I could climb anything at 4 so shes doing pretty darn good!!

Mishap yesterday!! Scarlet and sneeker running around playing in mud and poor little Scarlet ran right into the corner of my poop dump 4 wheeler! I heard the crash but she ran right to mom and I knew it must have hurt but she appeared o.k. About 30 min later when I stalled them I saw the blood on her forehead ( Before I thought it just wet b/c it was sprinkling out ) it is a gash and pulled back skin and if it was a human the dr. would most likely just use butterfly stitches not really deep enough for real stitches, but its deep enough for me to get queezy. But boy it must have really hurt as it was right smack middle of her forehead. Cleaned up and kept her quiet for the day...can a horse get concusion? Watched her all day but kept her stalled and quiet and I hope all will be well. I feel terrible..it was just a crazy accident that happens I guess but it still stinks. Her forelock will cover it when it grows. Now if only I can keep it clean with all this crappy weather bringing in all the mosquitos!!

BTW

Happy 4th of july Everyone!!!

Hope she's okay! I've seen foals take some rather bad tumbles and mostly they walk away from them without a problem. She might feel a bite sore and sorry for herself over the next few days.

Aww bless her, bet she will feel a bit sore for a while, but I'm sure it will heal up ok.

Happy 4th to you too.
default_yes.gif

Just keep it as clean as you can, and use a little antibiotic ointment on it. It will be fine. You know how children are!

Well the "flap" is pretty much healing back down on her and just pouring a bit of peroxide over it and a little gel antibiotic ..I think she'll live.

I wasn't in a hurry to geld Cam but this little monster, Sneeker....as soon as he's weaned I hope his jewels are dropped B/C he's going to be gelded. Thank heavens my other geldings are pretty good with him b/c he's all over them too....just being a pest.....which is good in a way b/c they are always running away from him...its good exercise all around!!

Latest posts

Back