Heidi.....being a prankster

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a photo shoot of little Scarlet -- especially the face! You know what I'm thinking dont you.....

I do, my love ...I think ...and I don't think I like it much. Just got in from a catering even but will try to get a few photos in a little bit...but Im scared!! Do you think shes going to turn completely white!! Oh no!!

Yes we need many, MANY pics to offer our opinions
default_whistling.gif

Let me go find my big...well extra big girl panties ..put em' on and go snap some pictures for you bareres of not so good news!!!

In all reality...Im sort of reluctantly expecting it at this point......anyone have a For Sale Sign I can borrow.........................................................just kidding..gosh

Took several pictures but you cant really tell how light her face is...all you can really see is my 1/2 done clip job that will probably never get finished!! Im sure renee will post when she can

Sorry it took me so long Heidi, some friends popped around for a surprise visit
default_thud.gif

It is hard to see in these photos as they aren't very clear but I don't see any gray yet
default_smile.png

scarlet.jpgscarlet2.jpgScarlet3.jpgscarlet4.jpgscarlet5.jpgscarlet6.jpg

No problem ..glad you had some company..I think. 4th pic you can see from eye to nose we are getiing white/gray stripe thing going on..its mostly getting light around face but your right, it is hard to see in these pics. There is a white stripe thingy going on down her back. Will attempt more later. Thanks

Try and make sure she is really still
default_smile.png
or just book me a ticket and I will give her a thorough check myself. ROFL

Hummmmmmm! It does look as though there is some grey coming Heidi, although in most of the pics it is not that clear. But dont panic! She might not lose all her colour, or she might go grey and white - most attractive! I love the grey and white's so you can always send her over to me if she doesn't suit your colour 'scheme'.

Hope you had an enjoyable 'suprise' morning today Renee!

Hi Anna, I don't think she will be going too far even if she does turn gray...Skiff just loves her and she's very fond of him too. Skiffs been watching a lot of driving videos CD events and really loves watching these little ones go thru water at full speed..he thinks he wants to learn to drive ( he does drive my guys but we just do it for pleasure )...he's thinking he wants to send Cam away for training and he will be his partner in driving crime....fine w/me if he's interested!! But little Scarlet is still his favorite no matter the color.

Her skin is pink under the white but black under the brown....does that mean anything? Also her hoofs were black but are turning white....Peanuts hoofs are black....strange!

Renee, Im not sure if there is enough wine in Florida if you, Diane and myself start a girls night out. but you are more than welcome anytime. Does Diane still have her jet setting ways? My new favorite is Apple Martinis....and they come in a box!!!

Apple Martinis sound yummy, I might just have to come and try one (or several). A friend of mine is trying to convince me to move to Miami and open a chocolate/ice-cream shop
default_smile.png

Apple martini's? Sound yummy! I know I like the Chocolate Martini's -- but I'm certainly willing to try the apple ones, too!!

Hard to see in the pictures -- but I'm encouraged that I don't see the "tell-tale" white goggles. So, just perhaps.......but we may have to wait a bit longer to tell. She's beautiful no matter what color she'll end up!

Benedryl...is it safe....how would you feed? Amt? Poor Nick is back with his summer itchies...lots of rubbing..thought I had read in the past that its safe to give to horses to help with this...I remember giving it to the dogs but cant remember about the horses...thoughts please.

I forgot....glad to hear that Scarlet may not gray out...and you don't see any tell tale signs. Well just have to wait and see. I need to take more of Cam for you...he's getting lighter under his belly , between his legs...all the crease type areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure you can give horses Benadryl, but have no idea of the dosage.

Another thing to try would be spirulina, if you can get the horse to eat it, its supposed to help with allergies and immune function. Dosage is about 1 tsp 2x daily (or 2 tsp once daily) of the powder (might actually be a little bit higher dose, but this is all I can get mine to eat). you can also get it in tablet form in health food stores, then it would be a 1-2 tablets daily depending on the size of the horse).

wow you girls have been busy lol. I hope little scarlet dosn't grey out... the grey along her back line concerns me, but I know you will love her no matter what!! :D I just looooove her head! no wonder Skiff loves her!

I remember Mary's little foal from last year, Bunny she was the most beautiful silver bay when she was born now she is grey
default_sad.png
but she is still gorgeous! and while I hope Scarley doesn't grey, I know if she does she will be the most beautiful grey (just like her mummy
default_smile.png
)

I hope things are settling down for you now Renee, gosh you deserve a big break and a nice relax I think
default_smile.png

Back