Heidi.....being a prankster

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeeze Diane, thank you ever so much but please don't spend a lot of time on it..I feel bad. Went looking for her actual papers last night and cant find them. I just had them a few mos. ago...I can never find things when I need them. Heading out now to pick up tree branches that fell during yesterdays storm...it was a wopper!!

Paula, PNut does have lots of black under all her white, black inner ears and feet. And I noticed a big black spot of skin on her filly's inner back leg but her other skin looks fairly light. She was bought on a whim...I just felt bad for her...and I took her stall mate as well. Normally Im not into the whites but I love the real steel grays. Thanks for all your great info..

WOW!! You lot always amaze me with your knowledge of colours - plus it is so interesting! Would you like to comment on this girl of mine for me? I will add that she is NOT in foal, plus excuse the remains of her winter coat, scruffy little wotsit! Her summer coat is black (not faded) but with white hairs throughout. OK her dam is snowflake spotted (out of dark bay mare with no white, by a spotted (chestnut based) sire). Her sire was a jet black and white pinto. So ................... ?? (I have her 2year old filly here who is completely black, no white!) The last two pics are of her half sister - same dam, spotty sire.

June13 014.jpgJune13 017.jpgJune13 018.jpgJune13 019.jpgJune13 020.jpgJune13 011.jpgJune13 013.jpg

No good at colors personally but just wanted to say she's so pretty!!

Found a pic of her in her summer coat plus pretty awful ones of her sire and dam if this helps?

nell_mares.jpg

romany_kajun.jpgnoo.jpg

ps. Her dam was born bright bay with no white!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I could guess black pintaloosa but you know I am rubbish at colours
default_smile.png

colors throw me for a loopy too Renee....Anna, her dam is amazing...she had no white as a youngster?....black pintaloosa as Renee mentions but the bigger white splashes kinda throw me.

Here you go Heidi. I've combined what I could find in the AMHA and AMHR studbooks, and put it all in one format. Just click to open and print.

PEANUT PEDIGREE.pdf

Attachments

• PEANUT PEDIGREE.pdf
    7.8 KB · Views: 254
WOW!! You lot always amaze me with your knowledge of colours - plus it is so interesting! Would you like to comment on this girl of mine for me? I will add that she is NOT in foal, plus excuse the remains of her winter coat, scruffy little wotsit! Her summer coat is black (not faded) but with white hairs throughout. OK her dam is snowflake spotted (out of dark bay mare with no white, by a spotted (chestnut based) sire). Her sire was a jet black and white pinto. So ................... ?? (I have her 2year old filly here who is completely black, no white!) The last two pics are of her half sister - same dam, spotty sire.
Anna, she is a black pintaloosa -- showing both the characteristics of pinto, and the appaloosa single-haired roaning with mottling, etc. She's quite lovely!! Breed her to an appy and you should get some nice SPOTS in her foals!

Who was the sire to her solid black filly?

Her sister is GORGEOUS!!

Last edited:
All I can say is she's gorgeous! I don't know anything about the appaloosa patterns or how they work.

Other than Tobiano, I'm still learning a lot about the different pinto patterns, too. And every day there is more info out there.

I tell you what - I'm beginning to really like some of those Apply spots you guys have. I have a double registered solid filly (3 this year) that I'd love to consider going to an appaloosa stallion.... Who knows - maybe in the future. Planning on starting her driving after I get home from vacation next week...

Thanks for you opinions - I love the 'colours' that some of these minis produce for us!

Diane, we may cover her this year with Spotbum, just to see what happens??

spot_weyhil.jpgspot_trot.jpg

And the sire of her black filly was Falabella Anselmo.

ansel.jpgansel%20stallion.jpg

Ahhhh there is my favourite boy, I can' wait to see your babies next year Anna
default_smile.png

I just love BOTH of them! I'd love to see her baby from Spotbum! Hopefully, all those appaloosa genes will line up and give you a beautiful SPOTTED baby!!

Diane, thank you very much for researching PNut for me. Nothing fancy in her bloodlines but it's interesting to see colors and heights. I will print it out and put it her folder. Thank you again.

anna, your little Spotbum has the biggest kindest eye ever..how old was he in that first pic? He has the most dear face..almost like a foal...cute cute cute! I would think you will see spots in the very near future too!!

Well ladies..I will bow to you all...I should have listened to you earlier!! I had to put on my big girl ( and I mean Big Girl ) panties and just DO IT!! finally I let both mares and babies out together...I was on pins and needles. Skiff and I have been hand grazing Moms for a week or so and just let foals interact on their own terms. Sneeker, being the brute was very over powering and usually a game of chase would ensue w/Scarlet high tailing it back under PNuts tail. If Sneeker got to close PNut would kick out at Sneeker and would even do a couple mock bite and charges. Sneeker swiftly learned that maybe I should take my play elseware. All this was always w/PNut on lead. This AM however I decided that it was time and little Scarlet should be able to handle herself. Kept halters on both Moms just in case and put piles of hay with lots of space between Moms ( Diane might remember, but they were in the bigger pasture and not the smaller training pasture ) the only thing I did yesterday was put up 2 rails in each corner section of the fence so that no one could get hurt if somehow they got in a corner and perhaps a kicking match took place. I know it might be a bit of overkill but corners always make me nervous...now there are no corners in the entire pasture and Im hoping to perhaps put a triangle piece of plywood over the top and in a couple weeks take out the bottom board so the little ones can get in there for extra grain but it will keep mommas out...hopefully it will work. but anyway today went great....just as you all said it would!!! Babies both stayed w/moms and on occasion wee ones would meet and greet then run off. Only once did PNut run Her baby to the other end of the pasture but she had hay down there too so it was fine. Sneeker made his way back to Scarlet and was smart enough to keep his distance w/Peanut. I finally was relaxed enough to come in the house and when I peeked on them again PNut was back down the other end really close to Holly and sharing hay and both babies were in a heap laying down together.....this is where the happy tears started....finally I can relax....I think we will survive w/no loss of blood. Happiest of moments for sure!! I can see them from here now and it appears PNut has taken her baby down this end of the pasture for a bit and Im sure there will still be little squabbles here and there but nothing they wont get worked out on their own. I have to go to town and don't want to leave them together by themselves yet ( both moms still have halters on ) but will put them together again this afternoon and if all is still well Tomorrow morning with No halters for their first whole day together..Yipee. I think Skiff will be home early and with his phone I will try to take a video for you....Sneeker is really growing fast ( including his devil horns ) and the only thing growing on Scarlet is her belly.

I am so glad all went well for you
default_smile.png
in a couple of days Peanut will get over her " come here and I will kill you" phase. Have faith
default_smile.png
just chill and enjoy them
default_smile.png
lol well at least try.

As we were talking about old things on Sara's thread I thought I would share pics of my mountain house as it was built in the 1800's.

Side view

IMG_1928.JPG

view from the front of the house, as you can see beyond the fence is thick woods

IMG_1921.JPG

garden on the side

IMG_1923.JPG

House

IMG_1922.JPGIMG_1924.JPGIMG_1925.JPGIMG_1926.JPG

Back garden

IMG_1927.JPG

It looks unloved at the moment as I just started to open it this week after the winter. It needs some flowers and tlc, oh and I cut the grass too short and it looks awful. lol

Latest posts

Back