HEADS UP Ohio Mini and Pony people

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ginia

Reaction score
saludando.gif
OK everyone over there in Ohio, this is my big "my loss is your gain" alert. As of Sunday Kaykay and her family (both 2-legged and 4-legged) are heading your way, lock stock and barrel. You are getting some really great people that will become deeply involved in your Miniature and Shetland activities, and "you darn well better appreciate them", or I might be tempted to come drag them back to Illinois. Lots of people here are going to greatly miss them, probably our own Forum member Countryhaven and myself the most of all. We wish them all the very best at their new home in Thornville, and look forward to making the trek over to see their new set-up (might wait till we're sure all the fencing is put up, boxes unpacked, groceries stocked up and bed in the guest room ready tho LOL). Good Luck Kay, Russ, Kenney and Kyle, we love you and know everyone over there will to.
yes.gif

The best of luck KayKay - what I want to know is where in Ohio. My husband has family up that way and we make an annual trip to visit - just might have to stop by. Of course, the trips will get easier next year when we make our move to Tennessee.

Barbie

We have been waiting on her arrival. She will be just east of the 270 ring.

JUST LOOKED UP DIRECTIONS FROM OUR HOUSE, ONLY 2 3/4 HOURS AWAY FROM US IN INDIANA.

Welcome to Ohio I am only a short distance from you probably 15-20 minutes depending on where in Thornville you are. We have quite a few mini/shetland people in this area as well as a local club.

Arlene

Have a safe trip and we look forward to meeting you soon!

Welcome to Ohio.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
saludando.gif
saludando.gif

WELCOME TO THE BUCKEYE STATE!!!!
curtsey.gif

After having a son in OSU for 4 years, I know how to get to Columbus...
laugh.gif
...looking forward to meeting you!!!
hump.gif

saludando.gif
Welcome to OHIO!

You will be close to a whole bunch of mini/shetland people! We get down that way a couple of times each year. We may just have to stop in and visit.

Ohio is the heart of it all!
yes.gif

Welcome!

Kay Kay Wishing you and your family the best in your new home. We live in the thumb area of Michigan and go to many shows in Ohio. A great group of people. You will love the show at Asland lots of beautiful minis and Shetlands. Our friend and trainer Arlene lives a short distance from you she is also a judge. Many great farms and horses in your area. You will love the double registered Shetland we have several .Good Luck

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Welcome Kay - You will love Ohio - as someone said - truly the heart of it all
biggrin.gif
-there are so many horse activities right in Columbus - about 40 short minutes away from your new farm- The Equine Affair, The great Quarter Horse Congress, The AMHR/ASPC World Show, The Buckeye, just to name a few
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
And you are now in Shetland and Miniature horse Country -
wink.gif
with exhibitors coming from all of the neighboring states to the many Ohio shows. You will have your choice of a show almost every weekened from May to September within easy driving distance - - including all of the fair shows as well. We are fortunate as Ohio hosts several AMHA shows as well as AMHR/ASPC shows and PtHA shows.

A big plus is that Ohio has one of the best Equine treatment centers in the world - Ohio State University Equine Veterinary Clinic - that is open 24/7. I know all of the ILL neighbors will miss Kay - but we promise to take good care of her for you- Welcome Kay and family - we will roll out the red mat for you
saludando.gif
saludando.gif

HEY KAY
saludando.gif
Glad to see you are becoming a BUCKEYE!!!!!
aktion033.gif

You won't be far from me either....maybe 1 1/2 hours drive to the west. We are just north of Dayton. There are both AMHA & AMHR active Mini Clubs here in Ohio & lots of shows to choose from.

saludando.gif
saludando.gif
[SIZE=21pt]WELCOME[/SIZE]
saludando.gif
saludando.gif

WELCOME KAY TO THE BUCKEYE STATE!!!!!
saludando.gif
saludando.gif
Your gonna LOVE it here!!!

We live in Dayton so, you won't be far from us either. Our Son is going to OSU this next year so, I will be up your way LOTS!

So, much horsey stuff to do around here...the sky is the limit!!! Looking forward to meeting you
new_shocked.gif

travel safe,

Lis

WELCOME KAY TO THE BUCKEYE STATE!!!!!
saludando.gif
saludando.gif
Your gonna LOVE it here!!!

We live in Dayton so, you won't be far from us either. Our Son is going to OSU this next year so, I will be up your way LOTS!

So, much horsey stuff to do around here...the sky is the limit!!! Looking forward to meeting you
new_shocked.gif

travel safe,

Lis

OHIO IS GREAT!

I would much rather prefer to live in TN or KY though.

You will get use to the nonstop changing weather. God knows i have but i've been here for the past 17 years of my life (so ive been here my whole life pretty much ...cant wait to move).

I bet the mini's are having fun in that nice long trip!

Leeana

biggrin.gif

Well, it's Monday morning, Kay and company headed east yesterday and haven't had internet access since Friday morning, so I'm going to bump this up in the hopes that maybe today she will be back online. Probably a little hasty with it, but I want it cloose enough to the top of the Forum messages that she sees all your nice posts welcoming her. It seems a little lonely here just knowing that they aren't just a few miles across the field, but it sure sounds like she has landed smack dab in the middle of LOTS of horsey activities. I'm a little envious about that, the only thing going over here are R shows, which are great, but how cool would it be if we had the A shows too, Equine Affaire, etc., etc., etc. Oh well, that's what happens when you live in "the colonies" LOL. If you get online, Welcome Home Kay.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

KayKay I hope your trip was uneventful, and horses and humans are settling in. Congratulations!

im finally back!!! Thanks to all of you for such a warm welcome. ginny thank you for posting this
smile.gif
Wow there are so many forum members that live near me now. Im so excited to meet you guys. I cannot wait now for spring.

I have to send HUGE THANKS to Fran (forum member) for helping me thru the most stressful week of my life. Fran i have no idea what i would have done without you. Everyone that moves to a new state should have someone like Fran to help them.

I have to say it was one of the most stressful moves we have ever done. Anything that could go wrong did go wrong. Starting with no heat or hot water for almost 5 days. But Fran keeps assuring me its all down hill from here.

Our horses all arrived very late on Thursday. I was so relieved to see them!!! They were pretty stressed and very tired but are all doing great now. Unfortunately the driver got stuck as soon as he pulled in our driveway but thanks to fran and her sister we got them all unloaded and into the new barn. Then one of our new neighbors pulled the truck and trailer out with a chain. Lucky for us he was driving by at 1000 pm lol.

This is some of the prettiest country i have ever seen. Hubby did so good picking out this house and land. The views are just breathtaking. And i have never seen such a "horse state" as ohio. There are horse farms everywhere!!!!!

Thanks for making me feel so welcome

Kay

Latest posts

Back