HC Minis - new pics pg 172

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of foals, I spoke to Baybe's breeder, and got a few of her last foaling dates, and going by the foaling dates, it doesn't look like she catches on her foal heat, so I likely have a few more weeks to wait for her foal. She just seems so huge, but she is smaller than my other mares, so less room to "hide" a foal.
Well, that takes some of the pressure off you thinking she might be imminent.

I agree those little girls have a lot less body to hide the foal and they just get huge looking so much faster.

You may just have time for another quilt
default_smile.png

I love the quilts! I am really thinking about learning to quilt. Seems a bit tedious but they are so nice when they are done!

I think Baybe is enjoying making everyone wait.. and wait.. lol

Well, okayyyyyyyyyyy.......not an inkling how long it takes one make a quilt LOL

Don't want to get in the start of another I guess, cause when that baby comes it'll be Baby Playing Time.

Least you have a better idea of a date now. That's encouraging.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did actually see something new in Baybe this morning. I caught her lying down, since I've owned her (brought her home in Sept/Oct 2011) I've rarely seen her laying down, and if I do see her down, she jumps up as soon as she sees or hears me. This morning, she stayed down til well after I spoke to her. Minimal shopping going on.

I always wonder when they get towards the end if they get just tired carrying all that extra weight.

I remember, I did, when I was pregnant.

I guess since you're not exactly sure if she took or not, on the foal heat....best to just keep those other

possible dates in the back of your mind and continue your watchfulness.

Always best to be prepared for surprises. This year seems to be the year for unusual pregnancies.

You aren't still getting any snow are you? We're getting mountain snow here, in the Cascades...hope those

storms aren't continuing to blow East to your neighborhood.

I always wonder when they get towards the end if they get just tired carrying all that extra weight.

I remember, I did, when I was pregnant.

I guess since you're not exactly sure if she took or not, on the foal heat....best to just keep those other

possible dates in the back of your mind and continue your watchfulness.

Always best to be prepared for surprises. This year seems to be the year for unusual pregnancies.

You aren't still getting any snow are you? We're getting mountain snow here, in the Cascades...hope those

storms aren't continuing to blow East to your neighborhood.
No snow, but we've had some rain and/or wind.

Don't worry, I'll keep watching and waiting for those signs that mean she's closer to foaling.

And, one more quilt update, here's the 9" block with yet another green for the center.

Prairie Queen - 9 block.jpg

I have 24 of these blocks to make to finish the quilt. Hopefully, I'll have enough fabric, I started with only 1 yard each of the peach fabrics. Probably won't share any more pictures til I have the blocks sewn together.

I think I've posted that I have other mares due this summer, but not sure if I posted pictures. the pictures I have are a few weeks old, but here's Misty, she's about 37" tall and bred to Topper (Top Cat son).

Misty - March 14, 2012.jpg

Not a great picture, but they either walk up to me or I get a butt shot.
default_frusty.gif
Of the other mares due, she looks the most pregnant, but still has a couple months to go, as she was bred the first week of Aug. She's not quite as fuzzy now, but still has the belly.

Ok, adding one more mare that's not due for a couple months, she was bred the week after Misty. This is Tana (leopard appy sire, solid dunskin dam, Tana has characteristics but no spots so far):

A fuzzy Jan 2012 pic:

Tana - Jan 3, 2012.jpg

And, a summer pic:

Tana - July 22, 2010 - standing.jpg

I call her my mini Haflinger; she's silver bay and not delicate.
default_wink.png
But, I just love her; I spoke for her when she was in-utero and I thought I would be getting a colt to geld.
default_wink.png

I need very much to get new summer pictures of everyone. Might have to enlist my MILs help to take the pictures, she's great with a camera.

Oh goodie, another one to watch!! And such a pretty little girl too!
default_yes.gif

What a pretty mare! How old is she? She still could begin to snowflake -- wouldn't that be beautiful!!

She's really pretty!
Thank you. Tana is 7, I think, let me look... Yep, she'll be 7 the end of May. Her dam was a beautiful buckskin dun daughter of Hilltop's Little Vegas.
default_wub.png
I don't know enough about appy genetics to know for sure, but I think I've seen a few white hairs coming up on her body, so perhaps snowflaking might happen, yet.

Tana's sire was listed as "white leopard appy" on her papers, her dam is definitely buckskin dun; so based on Tana's coloring and one picture of the sire, we were able to figure out he was a silver black leopard. [We initially thought Tana was a palomino, but with DNA color testing we learned she is silver bay (likely with dun). She tested EE, Aa, no cream and we didn't test for silver.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow she is gorgeous ( I am a big Haflinger fan)
default_smile.png

My Britt started spotting out at 7
default_smile.png

I know all you appy fans won't like this, but... I'm not a big appy fan.
default_whistling.gif
And, I have two appy-bred minis, this girl and a varnish roan gelding (he's a bit of a rescue and has Cushings, but just a special boy, anyway).

Wow she is gorgeous ( I am a big Haflinger fan)
default_smile.png

My Britt started spotting out at 7
default_smile.png
Thank you. We'll just have to see what Tana does. She's mostly shed out, but I haven't actually looked for any spotting lately.

Doesn't offend me in the least. That's why minis come in so many colors! There's a color and a pattern for everyone -- it's just wonderful!

My snowflake didn't start "flaking" unti she was 5, and then 3 years later she was DEFINITELY a snowflake. And each year just got more and more. I'll show you what I mean. The first picture is when she was 5 and just starting to get some snowflakes, and then 3 years later. I lost her when she was being leased out in January 2011. She was really something with that bright snowflake pattern.

clover3.jpg
clover2.jpg
Wow, quite the color change. Any idea how long it can take for spotting to start? She 7 now, and hardly any spots, if any at all.

It'll be interesting to see if she gets any coloring or if she passes it on, and it some how skips her.

Forgot, the main change in Baybe lately is she no longer really wants the extruded feed I've been feeding everyone. Baybe and Honey have been getting senior feed added to their meals, and Baybe hoovers up the senior, but leaves some to all of the extruded, so I guess we'll be dropping the extruded feed and just going with the senior feed for her. I have very limited feed choices around here, so senior it is for Baybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back