HC Minis - new pics pg 172

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow your quilt looks great
default_smile.png
going to look fantastic once its done
default_smile.png
well done you clever thing
default_thumbup.gif

glad that Baybe is progressing well ;) won't be too much longer now... hopefully LOL

Definately enter it in the fair
default_thumbup.gif
. Beautiful color choices. That's where I have most of my problems is picking colors to go together. I still need to start one. Hmm! Chanda you have a wonderful Idea. I should go out to the shop and bring one of my machines in so I can sew while watching all the girls. Don't know why I haven't already thought of that
default_doh.gif
We can get a lot done that way.

Glad I was able to send the quilt bug your way, Hazel, it does help pass the time. I only managed to trim a few pieces and sew the one block today. Better get busy, or it won't get done til next foaling season.
default_doh.gif
default_impatient.jpg

You're welcome.

A year ago, when we had such a nasty winter (snowed in for weeks at a time), I didn't have the quilting urge at all, I think I made one quilt all winter. This past winter was quite mild; and, I think I made at least 3 small quilts, maybe 4; yep 4 with the one I just finished for Mom's birthday. And, now I'm starting this latest one. Can't wait to finish up these tedious little tiny blocks, and get on to the bigger ones that are easier to keep square.

Touched near the top of Baybe's tail, and she did not like it at all. I was trying to feel for jello butt, and she was not happy. She's eating pretty good; looks like she might be changing shape a little more, but so hard to tell when you see them every day.

And, here is another picture of some blocks for the quilt:

prairie Queen - 12 and 6.jpg

the 12" block has the same green fabric for the center as the 3" blocks, and the 6" blocks have a different green. I only made two of the 6" blocks to see if I liked the different green, and I think I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two days of chilly, rainy weather didn't jar the baby loose, so I don't know what will. Baybe has been a bit grouchy the last few days, so our training/treat sessions really don't accomplish anything. :arg!
default_doh.gif

Was gone most of yesterday afternoon and evening, so didn't get any sewing done. Did get some parts of those tiny blocks put together today, now I need to press the seams so I can get them sewn into teeny, tiny blocks. Also, have some 6" blocks at the same stage.

Now its time to head out and feed, so best get going.

Pretty girl I'll be watching for her foal too
Thank you. I thought she was terribly cute when I got her (I didn't buy her just because she was cute, she looks to be just what I was looking for). I was looking for a small mare for my small stallion, as he gets frustrated with my tall mares and trying to reach. I was looking at the horses on the sales list, and none were quite right, so inquired on Baybe, and while not on the sales list she was available and came home wiht me. She's just too cute.

Just thought I'd share a picture or two of quilts I made this past winter.

This one is one of my favorites (and the backing is a horse fabric):

chunks quilt - 2-21-12 - for web.jpg

Here are the first couple doll quilts I made my niece (the one on the left is a printed panel, I didn't piece all those itty bitty blocks):

Dec 2011 - first two doll quilts.jpg

Thought I had a picture of the peach and green quilt I made last fall, but I don't. [Will see about getting one taken.]

Here's one that I made a couple years ago (not sure if its still around or not, it might be in the sewing room):

blue friendship star - in progress 2.jpg

And, this one is one of my favorites (don't know if I'll part with it, it was a blue ribbon winner at the fair a couple years ago, and I think Best of Show, as well):

Fall Frolic - finished.jpg

The quilts are beautiful Chanda. I so envy people that have such creative talent.

I'm not good at sitting for stretches, doing ..... I've got to be moving so it amazes

me when folks can create!

How Babybe doing on producing that purple with pink polka dot foal?

Do you get a feeling she could go on a bit longer?

The quilts are beautiful Chanda. I so envy people that have such creative talent.

I'm not good at sitting for stretches, doing ..... I've got to be moving so it amazes

me when folks can create!
Well, that's why I mostly make small quilts: lap size, baby and a few tablerunner or toppers. I've only made 2-3 bed size quilts. Oh, and thank you.

Somehow I managed to lose the pieces for a block or two, so had to make up some more.
default_doh.gif

How Babybe doing on producing that purple with pink polka dot foal?

Do you get a feeling she could go on a bit longer?
I would have sworn she would have gone by now, although, the furthest along she can be is about 330-335 days. I only know she foaled on May 24 last year, and the stallion was turned out May 1; she just looks so big that I can't imagine she took on a heat after her foal heat. She's a bit of a touch me not, and getting grumpier about what she does let me touch, so hard to get a good look at anything. She still more full in front of her udder than the udder itself and her nipples are still more pointing towards each other.

Oh, and its that purple with pink polka dot coloring that's taking so long, you know those special colors take longer to produce.
default_wink.png

Your quilts are amazing Chanda, you must have so much patience alongside the talent to think up the designs. They are just beautiful.
default_yes.gif

I hope Baybe doesn't keep you waiting much longer for that foal!

Chanda your quilts are beautiful
default_yes.gif
Thank you.

Your quilts are amazing Chanda, you must have so much patience alongside the talent to think up the designs. They are just beautiful.
default_yes.gif

I hope Baybe doesn't keep you waiting much longer for that foal!
Thank you. While I do use some commercial patterns, this one was my own (except the block design itself, which is called "prairie queen"). I had bought the peach fabrics from a friend a few years ago, I just love peach, but didn't get around to making anything with it til now.

And, as far as Baybe goes... At least I have something to do while I'm waiting and its raining.

And, here is another picture of the current quilt progress. The first 25 blocks are done (all the 3", 6" and the 12" blocks), only 24 to go (all 9").

Prairie Queen - 3 6 12 blocks done.jpg

My goodness, I thought the other quilts were gorgeous -- but I must admit, I really like this one -- the colors are just stunning!!!
Thank you. I've got to try to remember to get a pic of the peach and green one I did last winter, its simple, but pretty.

Ok, here you go Diane. Not quite as bright as the new one, and the one fabric is a little off, but I still like this peach and green quilt.

peach and green stripe quilt - 2011.jpg

Oh, and for size, while I haven't measured it, its laid out on a queen-size bed for the picture.

Thank you.

And, small update on the bum calves, they now have moms... Unfortunately, we lost a couple calves in the last week, but that means the orphans now have a cow to take care of them, and they'll grow up so much better on a cow than with milk replacer. And, that means I'll have more time for the foals when they start arriving.

Speaking of foals, I spoke to Baybe's breeder, and got a few of her last foaling dates, and going by the foaling dates, it doesn't look like she catches on her foal heat, so I likely have a few more weeks to wait for her foal. She just seems so huge, but she is smaller than my other mares, so less room to "hide" a foal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back