Has anyone seen the movie Earth?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mininik

Reaction score
I think I'm going to go see Earth tonight, so I would like to hear what you thought of it. Thanks!

I thought it was a nice change. Some really beautiful camera work, and you can't fault Jones as a narrator. That said, I also thought it was a little depressing--every time you want an animal to get away it gets eaten, and then when you finally sympathize with a predator...
default_no.gif

I just got back from watching the movie. I thought it was really good. Amazing, really. Thanks for your reply.

Some time ago I watched a show about migrating birds. Had beautifull music, awesome pics. Then BAM!! One gets shot out of the sky! I know death is a part of life, but come on. Sometimes it seems these shows, show too much death.

There were no humans killing animals in this movie like that directly, unless you count our effect on their habitat and the climate. The shots where animals were killed were shown as a part of nature. A pack of wolves taking down a caribou, a gazelle being taken down by a Cheetah, an Elephant attacked by a Lion pride, a seal getting chomped by a Great White, a wounded Polar Bear from his unsuccesful hunt of Walrus... It was all very tasteful, in my opinion, with very little blood and no guts or gore that I can remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
We also noticed that they were careful not to show anything really graphic. Though I have to say the shark swallowing the seal in one bite made a pretty big impression on me.
default_new_shocked.gif

Well that's not very nice.
default_laugh.png
I see your shark, and I raise you this cute but likewise offended baby seal:

686488559_441b6ba564_m.jpg

Mininik I can see why your guy is so ticky...looks like I can see a couple of cavities starting
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back