Happy Thanksgiving from $3 Mission of Thanks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here comes $50 via PayPal from all our fat and happy equines at Red Pony Ranch. Seeing Faith-Momma Pony with all those burrs in her mane reminded us of how happy and blessed we are here so we decided to pitch in to help all those momma ponies out there. We're approved to be a foster home here in WA, so maybe someday we can have a mini in need come visit us too!

Jayne

OHHH, I forgot!! Double or Triple THAT, baby!! Any gift cards that might go along with this should go to CMHR, too. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
look for a paypal from me.

Thanks

E

default_saludando.gif
Sounds like the perfect time to donate--look for a paypal of $20 from me(Michelle) and my herd!!!

Oh my gosh!!!

Thank you! And

Thank yoouuuu!!

And especially Thhhaaaank You!!

And if I forgot any one, I am sorry, and soooooo THANK YOU!

I just knew it was going to be a great day!!!

If you need to send by snail mail, no worry, one of the matches are for you, just get it postmarked the next 2 days.

Whhhhoooooo!!!!!

I gotta say though, Laura, I am so proud of you! I think I normally have to go get you, but when I looked today, there you were. It did take a way some of my fun, but proud of you the same!
default_smile.png

Let's keep this Sunday match party agoin!!!!

You ARE the best!!

OK, the picture of Faith Momma Pony and her burrs sent me over the edge.

Just paypal'ed a $100.00 donation from my horses:

Pearl, Sera, Julie, Ruby, Chrystal, Earie, Dorie, Roy, Spirit, Dandy, DJ, Wins, Cash, Rocky, Ace,

and Starbound.

Sue

edited to add : The gang wants any gift cards we might win to go to CMHR.

I am sending$100 via pay pal in just a few minutes.I offerd a farm tour(for a catch -donation to CMHR) and the people gave me$20 when I told them about CMHR They gave my grandaughter $20 for doing the tour and she donated it to CMHR.Off to PayPal to donate for such a good cause.I hope the people that were going to eat Minis and ponies choke on it or get food posioning.

I wanted to tell you how Misty is doing, and show you. (Miss Tennessee)

You can see her before on the CMHR website under past 2009 rescues. She had to be carried out and was beyond thin, her feet were broke off and infected.

Well that is no longer, and long past memory for her. She is healthy, of good weight and she feels good, loves to play as you will see in the pictures taken just today. In one of the pictures where she is standing still, she is even holding up the worst front foot as to say, see all better!!

She keeps up with all of them, loves to horse play with her buddies, is mostly on the go, and I think is one happy little girl!

I can't remember when she wasn't part of the gang, and I hope she feels the same!

Thank you so much to CMHR and also to Misty's wonderful foster family.
default_smile.png

A big thank you to you, the donor, it could not have been done with out you. YOU did this for Misty!!!

If she could say herself, I am sure she would thank you as well. I hope it does your heart good to know that little black horse running in one of the pictures, would not be running if it had not been for you.

Thank you so very much from Misty's grateful family!

My site will not let me uplaod, Gini will get pictures up shortly, thank you.

And enjoy!

Carolyn and all. I just wanted to show you just one of the mares we picked up a few weeks ago. I would like to introduce you to Faith aka Momma Pony.From when we first saw her until today in her foster home. One of the pictures has Dixie in it. Both Faith (Momma Pony) and Dixie were going to be roasted and fed

to a group of people. These were some of the horses Marty told you about.

faithakamommapony.jpg

mamapony.jpg

You will see a lump on her underside. It has been checked by a vet and it is a fat deposit.

DixieandMommaponyeating.jpg

Dixie and Momma Pony eating

Faithakamommaponysayingthankyou.jpg

Faith AKA Momma Pony saying thank you to everyone for your help!!!

Sue and all that have donated to CMHR. THANK YOU!!!!!

We have some wonderful people in the miniature horse world especially on LB! When I became a member of CMHR a number of years ago. I came in with the idea of taking in mini's that people could no longer afford to keep. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would see such cruelty that people inflict on these wonderful animals. I have been a horse lover all my life and finally got into the mini world and I will now say I have never seen anything like Faith (Momma Pony)! I can't even imagine the pain she must have been in until rescued. She is now in a wonderful foster home with Liberty and Dixie. They will all get the love and care in the foster home, while waiting for adoption. Her foster family says she is a loving, wonderful friendly horse. I think with the evaluation period and care she will make someone, possibly a child a wonderful companion.

For going thru all she has and to be friendly and loving to her foster's is amazing.

Carolyn, I am getting Her pictures loaded in Photobucket now and will get them right up!
default_smile.png

Here is Carolyn's Misty that was formerly known as "Little Miss Tennessee"

Carolyn she looks wonderful and happy now, what a change! I will add some of her rescue pictures in a little while to show the difference!!

Misty2.jpg

Misty1.jpg

Misty3.jpg

It breaks my heart to hear that people are so cruel to animals. I resuced a pony several years ago. It was sad, the whole situation. I fattened her up and she lived another 2 good years. (The vet estimated her to be around 35 or so) She did not come from people who were poor, just very ignorant.

Liz

I've donated a couple times during the $3 mission. If I've qualified for any gift cards, I'd like to donate them to CMHR.

Thank you for all the wonderful work you do.

That Dixie is sure pretty.

I've donated a couple times during the $3 mission. If I've qualified for any gift cards, I'd like to donate them to CMHR.Thank you for all the wonderful work you do.

That Dixie is sure pretty.
Thank you Chanda.

Isn't Dixie beautiful! She is still very scared and is not as in your pocket as Momma Pony. The fosters will work with her and she will soon be a friendly horse...

If I am qualified for any gift cards or win anything just keep my stuff for CMHR.I don't need anything except my animals and the good friends I have made because I have Minis.

Here are the before and after pictures of Carolyn's CMHR horse Misty she adopted. This was also a very horrific rescue. Miss Tennessee as she was called collapsed in Marty's arms. In the picture in car we didn't think she would survive the trip to the vet. She was also left in that dark barn filled with trash until the owner decided to sell her. Marty could hardly breath in that stench filled barn so I can only imagine what Misty was breathing 24- 7. We are also showing pictures of her little hooves that the man took a hack saw to. Again, these are the things we see and try to help the horse. Right when Carolyn heard the story, she wanted to adopt her. The adoption was approved and it took quite a few months until she was well enough to travel. The rest? Well you can see in the pictures how she is today! Thank you to her wonderful foster home and her wonderful adopter Carolyn!

Before pictures:

The barn where she lived 24-7 without coming out. Rotten hay, very little water and urine stench along with other smells.

MissT2.jpg

In the trailer right after rescue

Misstrearshot.jpg

In the car rushing down the mountain to the vets. Not knowing whether she would survive the trip...

MissTh.jpg

The hoof that this person sawed of with a hacksaw. It was a wonder she could stand!

MissTfoot3.jpg

Believe it or not the pictures below are the same horse.

Misty1.jpg

Misty3.jpg

Misty2.jpg

A little information about CMHR: This organization was started by some miniature horse lovers on the LB forum that had found a little colt in distress. Taken to the vet they found there was no hope so he was humanely euthanized. This group had named him 2nd Chance while trying to save him. It is in Chances memory that this rescue was started, and Mary Lou let us have a place on the LB forum.. Thank you Mary Lou! We also want to thank Mona for the web design and Charley letting us do the auction.
default_aktion033.gif

CMHR is a non seizure rescue and these horses we have shown are just a few of the many we have taken in, have brought back to health and adopted out.

We rely on the $3.00 mission of thanks, contributions from people who donate and the donations matched by their employers. We have our auctions, and now have opened a sales barn here on the forum. Again, all of us thank you for your support of these horses!

Please remember we are a 501c3 not for profit so you can take your donation as a tax deduction.

Thank you again!

Gini

If I am qualified for any gift cards or win anything just keep my stuff for CMHR.I don't need anything except my animals and the good friends I have made because I have Minis.
Bevann, thank you so much!

Gini

I just can't believe someone thought that was ok.
default_sad.png

But, it is all behind her, as you can see, nothing can stop her now. In each picture you will also see Sam, they are the same age and play together all the time. Actually in the first picture that is his head, trying to catch up to her, she prides her self on staying a step ahead of him, but also plays and leans on him. He (gelding) has been a great caregiver. So those nasty feet, although now very good, keep her from nothing!

Thank you to all who have helped Misty, and with this Mission, all future Mistys!
default_smile.png

I wanted to take a moment and stop in at this wonderful thread again and THANK EVERYONE so very much. It is due to your generosity that CMHR will be able to continue to rescue and rehabilitate more Miss Tennessee's aka Misty and Momma Pony's aka Faith and many more that have come through and will continue to come through this rescue. I am ever so proud of each and every one of you for every donation no matter how big or small - they all count and give us the opporunity to continue to help those in need. You are all a blessing to us and more importantly to the horses......................Thank you - Thank you- Thank you!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_smile.png

I also want to thank the wonderful Board Of Directors. You all are very special to me.

Thank you to EVERY foster and adopter, every transporter and volunteer. I am proud to be a part of this organization.
default_smile.png

Please donate any gifts cards and whatever that I might be eligible for to CMHR. My horses have all they need.
default_smile.png

You guys ROCK!!!!!!

Liz

Latest posts

Back