Happy Thanksgiving from $3 Mission of Thanks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
WooHoo!!
default_smile.png
Haaaaaaaay!

I can't believe a full year has gone by, but we are SO ready for this and so excited about our $3 Mission of Thanks this year, and SO, SO in need of it!

Why $3? Well, it is 3 weeks until Thanksgiving and what better way to show your thanks for the past year than to donate to CMHR.
default_smile.png

Also, $3 is an amount almost any one can give. Many people want to help and often what a charity asks for is beyond their reach, we believe ALL who want to help can do so, just by us asking for only $3. Really, we are just asking for $3!!!! Times how many forum members?

Before you say that won't work, let me tell you it DOES work and HAS work for the past 4 years. It sounds so simple, who'd of thought,,,but each year we raise close to $5,000, $3 at a time!
default_smile.png

So yes, absolutely, your $3 DOES make a difference! Miss Tennessee who is healthy, happy, and fed, who now owns me,,,is verification what your $3 will do!

Through the $3 Mission,,, we will have matches, so check back for those,,,we have gift cards,,,gift baskets,,,unique gifts,,,horse products,,,and much, MUCH more,,,that could all be yours, just by donating. If you have something you want to include in the gifts for donors,,pm me.

CMHR has already taken in several horses in the last month, if this is any indication of the year to come, they truly need our help!

To donate your $3,

Paypal

[email protected]

Snailmail

Gini Acton

16340 N. Coronado View Rd

Tuscon, AZ 85739

Gini, correct me if any of the above is wrong.

Please do NOT pin this threat, you take away our fun in keeping it up!
default_smile.png
:)

You are going to hear some wonderful, heartfelt stories,,,see some wonderful horses that have been helped by CMHR in the past, and meet some awesome people.

Last day to donate, Thanksgiving Day,,,in 3 weeks.

So, it's actually the night before day one,,,who wants to donate early?

default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
..... Cannot wait to get my $$$ in
default_wink.png
default_wink.png

I can't begin to tell you how much Gini loves to run to the mailbox this time of year!
default_smile.png

Just picture this,,,she wakes up, oh, the mail has run! She slips on her overcoat, still in her Scooby-Do pj's and pink bunny slippers,,,going through 3 foot of snow down her 3/4 a mile lane, wind gusting up to 30 mph,,,just to pick up your check. To see how many more horses they can help today, to see how many more can get the vet care they deserve and need.

What did you do today, buy today that cost $3? Can you do without it tomorrow?

Burger King on the way to work?

That extra piece of chocolate cake after lunch?

Starbucks?

How about Kroger bread instead of Wonder?

We may not all NEED that 2nd bowl of Strawberry Ice Cream, but there is a horse out there that needs a good meal.

I think if we looked, there is $3 out there somewhere!

Hint: check all couch cushions, car seats, dryers!
default_smile.png

I see we are all up and at'm early this morning! Gotta get the horses fed before we get to work!!

Some horses aren't being fed this morning, that is where CMHR comes in, that is where your $3 is going!

Happy 3 weeks before Thanksgiving everybody!!

On your mark,,,get set,,,hit that paypal button!
default_smile.png

Oh Boy I love this time of year!
default_new_multi.gif
Got loads of things to have Carolyn post. Like gift certificates to our favorite online tack shops Ozark and DD, foal blankets donated by Pondlake. Beautiful note cards from Liz Verand and her wonderful mother Dottie, Briggs, some gently used sheets and other horse tack. Some beautiful jewlry from Sage at Crystal Paths. Also, From our very own CMHR store a Designer halter and lead. Wait until you see everything!! Pictures to be posted. I will be getting Carolyn more and more things to post about and their donors with pictures in the next few days.

This is always sooo fun! i sent in something via paypal to help get the fun started! thanks for all the work you put in Frankie, Gini, and everyone else involved! jennifer
default_saludando.gif

Gini will be giving us updates every few days! We usually start kind of slow, but will have the updates any way.

Would someone from the board be kind enough to provide us with the information as to what our money will be used for?

Thanks!!

My check is in the mail!! I was paying bills when I saw CMHR in my list of payees, and it was pretty easy to enter an amount and just click! That was before I saw this post!

I most certainly would be very happy to do that for you Carolyn. The monies are used to care for the horses in custody. We currently have 9 horses within the rescue. These monies help the foster homes provide for the horses in their care if needed - ie...wormer, vet, farrier, feed, dental care etc..... sometimes certain fosters need supplements and extra supplies like blankets and halters that fit. We will also assist with transport fees when needed (sometimes foster horses need to be moved from one foster home to another) and on a rare occasion we offer assistance to other rescues when they have a surplus of horses come in at one time that need very intense care. These monies have helped SO many horses over the years and CMHR thanks everyone so very much for continuing to help us help the horses. There truly is no way to tell you how much it is appreciated!

We are trying very hard to get our website updated with all the new horses. :)

A few examples of monies used in the last couple weeks on the horses:

$571.00 vet bill from surrenders

$175.00 vet bill ponies

$438.00 tranport to move fosters from one place to another

Drum roll please!!

Pllll, Plll, plllllllll

It's our first challenge!

Thank you to Lisa at Ozark,,,yeah Lisa!

We have a $10 gift cerificate and this is how you win it.

Go find 3 forum members, talk with them and convince them to give to the Mission. Then come back and list the 3 names saying these members(list them by forum name) and yourself will be giving $3 or more,(each) and the gift certificate to Ozark Tack is yours!! How easy is that for $10?!?!

Just get 3 others to give as you are, and this gift certificate is yours!!
default_smile.png

(Does not have to be same amount of $)

The 4 total donors may pay by either paypal or snail mail.

If by chance we have 2 close together win, (within an hour), we have more gifts.

Best of luck!

Now email!!! PM!!! Call!!!

I can't begin to tell you how Thankful we are here for all our kids!!

While out this morning they all agreed to pull together their allowance, skip the apple treats this week and donate in the name of their new sister Misty. Even though Prints, who thinks she owns the world thought her name should be listed too.
default_smile.png

So they will each have $3 in the mail to Gini!

Much to be thankful for this season!

I hope you all have had a great week, and when the weekend has settled down and you are sitting making out your bills,,,I hope you save a stamp for our mission!
default_smile.png

Thank you all so very much!!

Really, all we are asking for is that $3.00

You're the best! And I for one appreciate you so much!

Our recent bills at CMHR have been very high this month. Some of the horses we have recently rescued were in such dire straights in horrific circumstances, it made saving Miss Tennessee look like a walk in the park in comparison.

You would think that being in the rescue business and an avid horseman for so long nothing should shock me anymore, but it did. The rescue of some of our horses this month sent our entire Board of Directors reeling in disbelief and horror. Thanks to your previous donations, we had the money to activate an immediate rescue. Those who supported us just saved these innocent little lives from a horrible fate.

We so appreciate those that have trusted us with your hard earned money in the past and continue to do so. Please know that your precious dollars do save horses and allow our barn doors to be open.

And also while I am here I'm going to hijack this for a minute Frankie and BEG anyone out there to please consider being a foster home for us. We must have more foster homes available in every state as fostering is the HUB of our existance.

For those that have sold down and have room for just one more, we need you.

For those that can travel with a trailer and help us transport, we need you.

For those that have time that would like to help manner a horse that needs it, we need you.

For those that have expertise who might like to train a horse in any capacity, we need you.

For those that like to help the injured and re-hab we need you.

There is a place for you with CMHR to help. Inquire with any questions you may have. Just contact us.

Thanks Frankie, WE NEED YOU! The floor is back to you now!

Much love and appreciation to all.

Holly, when I sent my check in a few weeks ago, I made it out to CMHR. I guess that was ok to do.

oh lol, who do I make the check out too??? Gini????
[SIZE=12pt]Please make all checks out to CMHR.[/SIZE]

Marty is right about the horses we took in this week. Their horrible fate had been sealed until one of our SC's found this place and got them out.

[SIZE=12pt]The CMHR horse's thank you for saving their lives!![/SIZE]

I've sent my first $15.00 donation via paypal. I wanted to be sure to get at least one in, but I also want to wait and see what some of the challenges are.

Here's what some monnies are used for:

Transportation is the biggie. We are grateful that Hauled Wright has worked with us giving us a discount in moving our horses to foster homes. Sometimes in a dire emergency we cannot wait for hauling and we have to find individuals to do it for us and we offer to pay for gas.

When horses arrive in our rescue we try to get them a complete vet exam within 48 hours so we know what we are dealing with; unless its an emergency such as an injury or illness and then we will have a vet there upon arrival. Sometimes an X ray is in order. Other times we spend money on certain supplements, ulcer medication, teeth floats, pain meds, probios, vitamins, and farrier work.

Most of the time our foster homes do not need or want our assistance in sharing feed or hay, but if they do, we are able to offer it. There have been eye injuries requiring surgery and of course we geld all the stallions as soon as they are able to handle it. This adds up fast and we only ask $200. for our adoption fee in hopes of replenishing some of the money it cost us to take care of that horse.

For the $200 adoption fee you get a healthy horse who has been evaluated who is up to date on vaccinations, teeth, farrier, with a currant coggins and health paper for travel and some have been trained to drive for you. That's a good deal.

We never want to be in the position to have to close the barn doors and refuse to help because our funds were depleted.

Back