Happy Thanksgiving from $3 Mission of Thanks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got a phone call and the Tennessee Miniature Horse Club is sending $200.00.
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

Thank you to all the members of the club!!

Just sent it via paypal, sorry it took so long....

Thanks for all you do for the minis!

love,

Robin

The horses in the CMHR rescue tell me they are so appreciative of all of their "family" here on LB Forms. They are now saying Thank you, Thank you, for caring about us and helping to get each and every one of us a home for Christmas. Our foster Mom's tell us they love us and we get the treats they have in their pockets! They also give us hugs and kisses on our noses. Wow we've nevr had that befor! Some of us got left in patches of grass that we couldn't eat for the burr's. My friend Momma says it was hard to take care of her baby cuz the burrs hurt while he was nursing. Any way just wanted to come on and thank you for giving us hay, nice water and clean stalls and best of all a chance of having a better chance for a good home.. Your friend Dixie

ps I will be up for adoption soon and I promise to be good! My Mom tells me I'm a purty horse!!!
default_wub.png

[SIZE=14pt]Here is Faith aka Momma Pony when she had her foal with her. He had to be weaned early[/SIZE]

faithakamommapony.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]I love this picture of Momma Pony now as her eyes say it all. "Thank you for helping me out of that horrible fate of being someone’s barbeque meat. I was to be roasted on the spit!"[/SIZE]

Faithakamommaponysayingthankyou.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]The CMHR board would like to thank all that are helping us out with these horses. As our CMHR President said "every penny counts when you are trying to help these guys"![/SIZE]

We can't stress enough how much all of you mean to these CMHR. This is going to be bad end of the year for the horses. Next year promises to be even worse. Again, you all are helping us to never have to close our door's to a horse in need and we dearly thank all of you!! We also need Foster home's in all states. Please come join us!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again to all!!!

I receieved 12 emails, pms about the tickets on the colt, so if you have sent, I'm sure I have it. If I get time I will respond individually to make sure.

Thanks for double checking with me!! I do know several of you have more than one ticket too.

You guys have been great!

I have responed to all who have emailed, to double check. The others I already knew and am sure they are aware their name is already in the bowl!!

Thanks to all and best of luck!!

THREEEEE days, just three days to go!! We can dooooo this! You all have been the best! Thanks so much from all the horses!

One of our fosters is having x-rays today to find out why he is limping. Another example of what all your wonderful donations are used for.
default_biggrin.png

Gini please explain about Mama Pony. Is she one of the 50 or so horses in Oklahoma that CMHR (Marty?) was talking about earlier? I know you're limited in the information you can/want to share, but an update on the situation might help get donations in.

Donna and all

Momma Pony and her foal came to us thru a wonderful person that had seen these pony's when they went to purchase one this jerk had for sale. This person was horrified at the condition of the horses. Most of them like Momma Pony, some maybe not as bad. This person, not CMHR, purchased as many as they could and some of the worst they saw. The rescuer turned 3 of the horses over to CMHR. These horse were in a group that were going to be used for barbecuing by this jerk. I just can't fathom something like this happening to these beautiful animals.

The horse Connie posted about this morning, Alex going to the vet. Alex and his Momma were where their owner's pack of pit bulls got in and killed his momma. A neighbor saw what was happening got him to turn Alex over to them. They took him to the vet, had him gelded, all shots and then turned him over to CMHR. There are some wonderful people in this world and especially on this forum who help us with these horses. All of you that have donated money, supplies like wormer's, halters, leads and even the gift certificates some of you all turned back to CMHR help us with these rescue horses. At this time of the year, we have some blankets that if needed will be sent.

Donna, you asked if this was a part of a herd of 50 horses. I know there is a herd but the neighbors again are working with these people hoping to educate them as to the proper care of horses especially in the winter. Yes if these horses get turned over and I'm not sure how many there are. We will need people with trailers and places for them to go. I just want to remind everyone that this year especially with the economy we need the help. One of our biggest needs is foster homes in every state. Please go and fill out the forms if you are able. We have to have places for these and other horses to go to if any get turned over. If we get more than one or two in at a time it is a horrific job to try and find places for them to go. We are on a stand by for however many come out of this herd. If we get a call we have to move quickly.

With this all being said, I know I'm speaking for all the CMHR Board when I say THANK YOU!! We want to thank Carolyn (Frankie) for taking the time away from her very busy life to do this each year. This is the 5th year!!! Thank you Leeana for helping Carolyn, thank you to all that put up the challenges and the people who put up the gift certificates. You are all awesome.

A special thanks to all of you that have donated to the[SIZE=12pt] $3.00 Mission of Thanks[/SIZE] As Connie said there is nothing too small for a donation. If it's $.50, $1.00 or larger amounts it all goes for a good cause "The Horses".

Miniature horse people are the best!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure wish I could do more, I hope it helps in a small way.

I can't do much, but talking I can do, and that's all it takes. You all do the hard part.

Thank you so much!

I do love doing it!

Christmas stocking, 2 mares at the stream

First person to post they want this at $6.00 +postage

I mailed a donation yesterday but then saw this stocking as I was re-reading this thread. Is this still available? I would love to have it. Please let me know how much shipping would be and I can get another check out tomorrow before the holiday!!!!

Thanks!!!

Christmas stocking, 2 mares at the streamFirst person to post they want this at $6.00 +postage

I mailed a donation yesterday but then saw this stocking as I was re-reading this thread. Is this still available? I would love to have it. Please let me know how much shipping would be and I can get another check out tomorrow before the holiday!!!!

Thanks!!!
I will pull it down and package it for you. The postage would be $2.85 Just need your addy.

Thank you again for helping us.

Gini

We are just down to TWO DAYS!! Geeze how did that happen, it seems we just got started!
default_smile.png
it has been so much fun, plus met some new people, that was great!

I know it is not easy this year to come up with some extra to share and so we greatly appreciate you sharing what you could. You are all so very much appreciated!!

The mail still runs tomorrow, that still counts toward the mission and paypal is open Thanksgiving Day!!!

The bowl is filling with the tickets for the colt, have checked and double checked to make sure all who qualified are in there.

We need a big push, we just have 2 days!!!!

Wheeeeewwww! We are down to the last two days!!

Lots to do for tomorrow, you are already on here, hit that paypal buttom before leaving for the store!

Ok, now go get your turkey!

TWO DAYS!!!!
default_smile.png

We only have ONE more day!!

Just over 24 hours!!

Come on guys, I see you on here!! Let's give it one more push, we can do it,,,someones got to start,,,just post you are kind of late but here ya go,,,or you want to jump start all the others!! Be first!! We are still short of our goal and we sooooooo need YOUR help!! Paypal or snail mail is just fine!!

Back