Going Crosseyed looking at my Pregnant Maiden Mare- Questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very excited , Cant wait
default_thumbup.gif

Good Morning Aunties and Support team ,

I said I would post pictures weekly to keep you all updated.

I haven't noticed any changes for a while , but I do look at her constantly and think I need a set of "Fresh Eyes"
default_frusty.gif

I also thought If anyone is good at guessing the colour she may throw - "Guess away "

Cheers Ryan
default_yes.gif
Wow....that top looking down shot is familiar....that's what I looked like in the mirror last week!! Same shape, same color jammies!! LOL LOL

Glad the vet confirmed a pregnancy for her. Now I have to wonder, since we're the same color AND shape...should I be concerned?? It's been 19 years since I had my tubes tied...........

Both mommy and daddy [sire and dam] are cuties!! That is gonna be one cute foal. When it gets here. Hehe. I do enjoy reading that everyone is going through the same things are me. Though I think your mare's a bit ahead of my mare. Cant wait to see yours and mine now. LOL

yes we are all on the same page. Rexinas nipples just DO NOT want to point down (hope she heard that) lol

copped a bite on the arm from her last night. She has been soooooooooooo loving for the last 2-3 months , easy going , relaxed etc. Last few days she has been quite grumpy, ears back, very alert, stomping feet.

ill take some updated photos tonight for everyones viewing .

Cheers Ryan

Yes, some ladies can get a bit "testy" in these final weeks. With the stomping feet, she's definitely showing she's a bit uncomfortable, which we would expect. Can't wait to see this little one!

Sounds as though she's getting closer Ryan - cant wait for the updated pictures.
default_yes.gif

I would guess bay or bay pinto for baby! But I think you have a possibility of chestut or black (pinto or solid), too! I am looking forward to updated pictures of Rexina and baby pictures of course when the time finally comes
default_thumbup.gif

PS: I can definitely feel you on the going crosseyed looking at you mare! I too am having the same frusteration... If only our girls could all follow the rules!!! LOL
default_frusty.gif

Stephanie I totally hear you !!!! Maidens don't follow the rules, two very wise ladies on here (Anna & Diane) made that perfectly clear when I joined this forum, and they were sooooooooooooo true.

Howdy everyone here are some photos from last night for your viewing pleasure ( meaning if anyone notices any differences please feel free to let me know lol)

Also a MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS to the foals that have arrived .

Cheers Ryan
default_yes.gif

Rexina 05.034.JPG

Rexina 05.033.JPG

Rexina 05.032.JPG

Rexina 05.035.JPG

She's moving forward perfectly Ryan - just be patient a little longer!!

I second that! Unfortunately, waiting is part of the process, but I will tell you, that once baby arrives and gives you that first snuggle, you will completely forget the waiting you did or how long it took and how tired you got!

Ryan, I moved you to the top of my "time to foal now, mommy", since Mousie/Penny foaled that silver filly and Melinda sneaked a filly in on us as well!

Be careful about staring so hard you cross eyes though...leads to double-vision and we don't want you seeing twins!! ROFL Imagine having to update your thread with THAT!!!

Have you gotten the vibes yet? I sent them via 3-day air! LOL, Hoping you seen 4 extra hooves very soon!!

Thankyou all for your well wishes. Without you all I think I would of gone insane, not long to go now I hope.

Thankyou ladies for the foaling vibes xx

Good Morning all,

Well Rexinas nipples are starting to fill. They are also starting to turn away from each other to point down. Ill take some photos tonight
default_yes.gif

well gosh I'm late to the party aren't I, but sounds like I've gotten here just in time for Rexina to foal.
Another Aussie YAY!! what mini pony breeders are down near your way Ryan?
very exciting to see what she has.... have you done the ring test on her yet? have you felt much movement from her tummy? (best part of the pregnancy for sure!)

Hey Cassie , better late to the party than never. Glad to have your eyes on board. I haven't done the nail test (YET) I have thought about doing it , does it really work? I am based on the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria. My neighbours that live two doors down breed not sure what there farm is called tho. I also have Littleton Minis and Kookah heights (where I Purchased squirt from)

Do you think I should do the nail test.?? I have felt some movement tho I wouldn't say I can feel back flips or anything. Im guessing its because she is a maiden and things haven't been stretched yet and that she was carrying rather high up.

feeding time and when she is having a drink is the most noticeable for seeing movement.

Its all very exciting
default_yes.gif

hehe whether it works or not is besides the point its so much fun!!
It was right for the foal in my pic, Finn. ring test said colt, and I got a colt. for my mare thats in foal due august its saying Filly... fingers crossed its right (I'd love a little sister for my little man hehe)

oh very nice! I know of Kookah Heights, they have very lovely mini's! no wonder squirt is so handsome
default_smile.png

make sure you feel under her tummy just in front of the edema, best spot to feel movement, and like you say just after eating/ drinking or late in the evening are the best times to feel movment.
good luck with foaling!

Morning all,

Will post photos tomorrow, had storms last night ( thought just maybe it may bring on the big event
default_smile.png
, Not so ........................

We had rain which was great !!!

Cassie ill do the nail test tonight and post results when I upload some pics.

Have a great Day/Night everyone
default_thumbup.gif

Back