Ghost

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 18 years ago, the doctors told us she wouldn’t make it through the night, we thought Mo-Mo (my grandma) was on her death bed. She started talking to dead people. Apparently all her relatives that were dead attended that night. While she was laying in bed she started talking to each of them. She called them each by name and we knew exactly who she was talking to. We didn’t hear them talk back though but apparently she did!

I never knew her to be too religious (never went to church but prayed before supper) and i had never heard her sing but later that same night she started signing “Glory to the New Born King”. She lived another two weeks with no mention of dead people.

I believe that ghosts/spirits exist, but I don't think about it much. When I was around 12 a few of my cousins and I were playing the game Uncle Wiggily in the upstairs finished attic in my aunt and uncle's old farmhouse (family reunion). Many generations of my family lived and died in that house. The attic had a bedroom, open space, game pantry and a half bath. As we played the game, we all heard a sort of shuffling and banging room coming from the game pantry. A couple of us got up, went to the pantry and witness games in mid flight, falling to the ground. No evidence of what or who pushed the games off the shelf. No other family members were upstairs with us. That's all that happened, but it sure made me a believer.
Another time, about 20 years ago, my family rented an old farmhouse in a place called McFarland's Cove in Maine. The farmhouse had been built by Sea Captain McFarland in the early 1800's. Upstairs was an open area with a couple of twin beds and a crib, another bedroom with a bath and a really long hallway. Downstairs another couple of bedrooms. We were in an upstairs bedroom, my daughter and her friend were sleeping downstairs. Around 2 or 3 in the morning, we heard what sounded like a toddler running up and down the hallway behind our bedroom. We got up to see what was running in the hallway and saw nothing. We asked my daughter, who was a teen at the time, if she heard anything, she said yes, she heard something, but didn't really wonder what it was, cuz she knew her folks were upstairs! So, I do believe, but if I never hear or see anything weird again, I'll be happy :)

This was a bit more recent… I was in the top part of one of our barns at night. I was putting some things up and I heard someone walk in, they didn’t walk out. I froze and was stuck for a couple minutes then I looked around and no one was there. Even now I feel on edge when I’m around that barn at night. 😬

Latest posts

Back