Future team horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dontworrybeappy

Reaction score
I joke that I want a stagecoach team.... Here are my first 3!

Abbie (yearling filly)

abbieyearling1.jpg

Dash (yearling colt)

Dash7-09-2.jpg

Marvin (weanling colt - no current pictures, though!)

Marvin4.jpg

All are sired by Appy - Marvin and Abbie are full siblings

Karen that is a great start to your team! Appy really has stamped his babies, hasn't he??? Wow!

Wow, Karen they would make a beautiful team. I really love the looks of Dash!

LOVE them!

Maybe someday I'll make our little girls into a driving pair, depending on if they move similar (they're best friends and always together, so we've got that part down lol). They're half sisters (same sire).

sierrasolitaire1810-23-8.jpg

sierrasolitaire1710-23-8.jpg

Well, we have 2 black and white mares the same size, similar strides, and if you hooked them the right way their patterns would match pretty well. Only problem is that they hate each other... And only one is trained to drive, as the other is a broodmare.

You can see them in my avatar, which is as close as they will get! (Princess & Sox)

Only problem is that they hate each other...
That would be the problem with our Tandem. They perform together well, I think b/c they are "under control", but we have to pen them separately at the shows. It is a pain. We will need a mare someday, as Alax usually gets along with mares, and tries to "eat" geldings.
default_eat.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
And then you can have the opposite problem, as we did at Hickory Knoll CDE 2009: my boys (geldings) are so used to being pastured, stalled, driven, and trailered together that my older one threw a HUGE hissy fit when I drove away with my younger one. He ended up rearing, flipping himself, the cart, and my daughter over on their sides! We have done alot more "separation" training since then; but it sure was an heart stopping event for me!

Latest posts

Back