For those of you who think you can see conformation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverdance

Reaction score
I brought this boy in to clip him down and get him ready for the show ring.(heated barn)
default_laugh.png
So I took a before and after shot of him to show just how hard it is to tell conformation on a hairy horse.

I did not clip his legs, ears or mane and forelock.(still too cold here to let him out with shaved legs, blanket on body and neck sweat on neck keep him warm if turned out for a while) Just his head neck and body, but I think you can get the jist.

Riverdances And The Beat Goes On - Before

beat1.jpg

Riverdances And The Beat Goes On - After

6a-1.jpg

Very beautiful. I kinda like the poodle look in the second pic.
default_rolleyes.gif

ohhh so very pretty...don't ya love clipping like that...its like Christmas every spring!!!!

lis

default_wub.png
WOW...

he's pretty!

You just made my day!!!

My yearling colt looks just like pic #1 I hope he looks that good

when I unwrap him!!!

~Sandy

Yearlings do tend to have an impressive amount of hair, eh? That's a great contrast, and he has a very pretty little face! I love the before and after photos!!

Still though ... I see ads that say "price will go up after clipping" and think, gee, they must charge for the clip job!!

Still though ... I see ads that say "price will go up after clipping" and think, gee, they must charge for the clip job!!
I can understand why prices would change after their first clipping. Some prices may go up, some may go down. Weanlings often can look really good, but I have seen many really nice weanlings end up being not so great yearlings and adults; but when you clip down a yearling, when it was a promissing weanling and can still say wow, oh wow, then perhaps the price would go up. Especially when it is conditioned and shown, and perhaps ends up with a really good show record, then the price continues to go up.

Sometimes it is worth taking a chance on a young yearling, or even a weanling who has full siblings that look good. That is when you can get them at a better price.

He is gorgeous....and what a wonderful job you did of clipping. I find that the white or lighter colors are so hard to clip....especially the first one of the year.

Wow that is a difference! Thanks for sharing. I have a two year old colt that I keep looking at with the fuzz and the big belly and short legs and I think... " hmm why did I buy him?!?" He scares me a little with the short looking legs, but your little guy has given me hope!

I have a little 28" mare that amazes me every year. She always looks like a miniature buffalo in the winter. I always think that she has gained 50 lbs over winter, but clips out to be so refined!!!

Wow, that's amazing. Wouldn't know it was the same horse.

Love the fuzzy legs!

It is definitely amazing seeing how much different they look when clipped. I am really excited about seeing what my colt looks like clipped but I have a long time to wait.

Your boy looks really nice....
default_wub.png

Wow - what an amazing transformation - that before & after has me eager to unwrap some of mine now too. You did a great job - beautiful boy! I have to hold out another month or so but I've already picked the first ones I want to do first. I hope I have your great results. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back