For those of you who DO NOT show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen a post that stated that "those at shows are rude, complain, only care about ribbons and titles, don't want a horse to love or care for it" And then to go on to say that people here have made many other UNEDUCATED remarks, thats just plain rude and uncalled for. People here have just given their opinions from their own experiences and stated their choices which I think everyone has done in a positive manner. There is no need to make these negative statements towards anyone.

You must have missed some posts. Skimming back, "it" starts right on page 1 with the negativity towards show homes.

. People here have just given their opinions from their own experiences and stated their choices which I think everyone has done in a positive manner. There is no need to make these negative statements towards anyone.
Unless of course you happen to like showing
default_wacko.png

I just started with showing and I find that I am not very good at it. I may get better someday, but at this point I am not sure if I really like it. I do go to the shows and carefully look over the horses to compare to what I have and that is fun. I find it is more important to visit the farms and see these champions in the field without conditioning or makeup. I like to see how they really look. That way I can know if I am going in the right direction.

At the shows sometimes a horse may not be chosen because it didn't put it's ears up at the right time or didn't stand still when it should have. The person handling the horse makes a big difference in if it will place or not. When the competition is tough there is still only one winner. If you look up the winners you will see that not all of them have Well known parents. They seem to come from many different farms.

Most of you believe a good horse has to excel at halter, driving etc. I don't believe that. In big horses we find different breeds for different jobs. I think that is the way it should be with miniatures. (I may be the only person who feels this way) I think if someone wants to breed for driving horses they should concentrate on what make a good one. The same with hunter or halter. I think the different style is not a bad thing.

I would love to see the day when people can proudly say, "I breed driving horses, or I breed halter horses, etc". In the big horse world people know that one type of horse is just not suited for every discipline. Maybe I say this because I like the ultra refined minis and I don't care if they can't pull a cart. Just like I like my corvette, but it can't pull a horse trailer.

And then to go on to say that people here have made many other UNEDUCATED remarks, thats just plain rude and uncalled for. People here have just given their opinions from their own experiences and stated their choices which I think everyone has done in a positive manner. There is no need to make these negative statements towards anyone.
default_yes.gif

Thank you, Anna.

I just wanted to say I am sorry if I have offended anyone by my post.

I did enjoy my obstacle driving once upon a time many years ago.

I also cheer on my friends who show or have their horses with trainers!

I really tried to stop and think of all the reasons why I do not show to answer the original poster, and made my list accordingly.

To those who do like to show, I wish you all the best!! :)

Susan O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back