first mare up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been able to get the marestare link to work lately. Am I missing anything? It's making me crazy!

Not yet, all is quiet with Lacey.
default_wacko.png

This is my first year of "mare stare-ing". So...could some of you "old timers" take a peek...is she in labor? I keep seeing her lift her tail really high. I also see a shadow in the lower right corner.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my first year of "mare stare-ing". So...could some of you "old timers" take a peek...is she in labor? I keep seeing her lift her tail really high. I also see a shadow in the lower right corner.

Hi! and thanks for watchin! lacey is getting progressivly uncomfortable and really could go at any time. she has been showing signs of contractions (braxton-hicks i think in humans) she could be in prelabor but since this is my first time foaling her out, im not really sure. i dont think she can go much longer!

oh, and the lower right side is where her hay is her favorite pasttime is hoovering (eating) lol so you will see her there quite a bit and also the lower left hand is her water bucket.. the door is in the upper left of the cam view! if, for ANY reason something doesnt look right, you can always call i would rather get a call than not, to be on the safe side.

update on lacey, she had some dried milk on her teats this morning, i dont think it was wax, but it was there all the same. whoohaa is still long and swollen. she does still have some resistance to her tail . her milk is opaque in color and very sticky. she is shedding up a storm ! lol shes gonna be nekkid if she keeps that up. i completly cleaned her stall today and while i did that she had some outside time. of course she rolled lots in ths cool snow and rubbed her bum a ton!

I get a funny feeling that she is gonna change QUICK and foal with out much warning! we are day 322 now . she went 324 and 325 her last two foals ( both colts) im very interested in what precious cargo she is hiding in there.

oh and the baby was very active today also!! lol

Looks to me to be pretty darn close. Maybe tonight!! I just saw you in there comforting Lacey...wish I could be sitting there w/ya......we could both be sipping hot cocoa. It was funny the minute you left, a little kitty came flying in...jumped right down and sat w/Lacey a few minutes, appeared to get bored and left. It looked like a kitten

Looks to me to be pretty darn close. Maybe tonight!! I just saw you in there comforting Lacey...wish I could be sitting there w/ya......we could both be sipping hot cocoa. It was funny the minute you left, a little kitty came flying in...jumped right down and sat w/Lacey a few minutes, appeared to get bored and left. It looked like a kitten

lol i hope its tonite! her milk is much stickier and the center of her whoohaaa is scarlet but around is a bit lighter..

and yes, we have 3 kittens and their momma, all of which are grey...

send foaling vibes to lacey.. i have goats due in a month!! she HAS to go soon! lol

oh and just so everyone knows, its not unusual for me to sit in the stall with my critters for a bit... i enjoy the few moments of not human kids! lol many of my goats wont kid unless im sitting with them!

I hope to actual "catch" a foaling this year
default_smile.png

I watched you clean out her stall. I hope that's not a bad thing
default_laugh.png
When you took her out I was like...Hey! Wait....I'm watching!
default_biggrin.png

oh no thats fine! lol i never leave her out for long!! i bring her back as soon as i can
default_smile.png
sometimes if its stormy out i wont even take her out to completly muck her stall out . but today it was decent so i let her out. sill mare. hope she goes soon! the weather is supposed to be pretty decent (in the low 30s) for a few days... comeon lacey!

Hello I have been keeping a eye on Lacey! I hope she foals soon for you! I have a question I know this is your first time foaling her out, but is there a change in consistancy in her poop?? Have you tried the milk strip tests. Boy those were a life saver for us last foaling season. We havent gotten that far yet in our mares to start testing them, no one is really bagging. Getting nipples but no bags.

I sure do hope I can watch her foal!

there is a slight change in her poo to nite.. lots of little poos and the biscuts are very fragile. they fall apart as they hit the ground... we have never done the test strips.. just went by taste consistincy and color...i think i may try them out next season!

If she is shedding lots be sure to get that hair off ASAP/I had friends who had a Mini foal who had to have colic surgery.Hairballs from nursing on a very hairy mom.I always shave areas where baby might suck hair in.If it is very cold you could use a blade which leaves hair clipped, but longer-maybe a 4 or lower.Dog grooming shops often sell them.good luck and happy foaling.No babies for me this year.My last foals were in 2007 and I MISS the babies, but 17 years of foaling was enough stress.Now I just have to enjoy the babies of others.Keep us posted and photos when it gets here.I need my foal fix.

yes, thanks for the advice! we have already saved the udder area, did that about a month ago. we are hoping she will go soon.. lol and we wait . and wait lol

OMG! No baby YET??? Tell her to hurry up , LOL! The kitties must be visiting their buddy to make sure she is ok!

Wow what a sweet mare, from the updates it sounds like she could be getting close, it appears that baby has moved down off her backbone. I just discovered I could view her full screen, what a difference it makes. Wish I had discovered that sooner , I have been watching the small screen, for quite a while.
default_new_shocked.gif
LOL

I'm sure you've already done it, but just gotta ask...........did you tell Lacey that her due date has been moved up?
default_wink.png

lol yeah i have told her that her due date is no longer 2/25 lol but she doesnt listen! silly girl! i just hope that she foals very soon as march 7th the goats are goin to start kidding! lol i only have 2 due then tho lol im trying to be as patient as i can.. but every day that i wake up, and there is no change, i get more and more impatient! lol come on lacey.. let go!

lol yeah i have told her that her due date is no longer 2/25 lol but she doesnt listen! silly girl! i just hope that she foals very soon as march 7th the goats are goin to start kidding! lol i only have 2 due then tho lol im trying to be as patient as i can.. but every day that i wake up, and there is no change, i get more and more impatient! lol come on lacey.. let go!
Feb. 25th is nice, my b-day, I have been watching and she will have it when you turn your back or have to go away for the day....
default_wacko.png

I can't view the video at all. I had this before and then I could see it for a day or so and now I'm back to not seeing it. Any suggestions anyone? I'd really like to be able to watch. I'm starting my own marestare, but my mare is on at day 303 so not really a urgent thing yet.

amanda

Latest posts

Back