first mare up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadowpaints

Reaction score
Hi all! i wanted to invite you all to help me watch my mare lacey as she gets closer to foaling!! lacey is a 6 year old AMHA (AMHR pending) black pinto mare. this is her third foal and her first with us! she is 33 inches tall and is bred to Dusty Rose miniatures, stallion kiss, I cant remember his registered name lol.

UPDATE: Her due date was wrong folks. she is due 1/31 NOT 2/25!!! she can go at ANY time! lacey is now not cleaning up her normal hay... she didnt eat her grain either... she just dumped it out.. she is 'nesting' in her hay instead of eating it! GAH! lol i suspect that when i taste her milk tonite it will be sweet..... keep watch if ya can folks! ALSO, Her milk is a creamy yellow, her whoohaa is very relaxed and a deep pink thanks again for watching!

Also, the barn kitties go in and out lol so dont mind them! and if the weather is decent and i feel its ok for her to be out, the cam will be off if she is outside!! thanks for watchin!!!

numbers are on the cam page!!

http://www.marestare.com/cam.php?alias=shadow

thanks for watching!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, that's exciting! I'll try to keep a watch.

I just brought my first mare due into the barn on Monday. She's at 308 days today with just a hint of bag. I have another mare I'm moving into the barn under camera this weekend. She's at 297 days today with no real udder changes yet, but it won't be long.

Let the sleepless nights begin!
default_saludando.gif

Congratulations! Excitement starting already at your place- yoohooo!

Is the 2/25 date her 330 days then? Curious what you use for her "due date".

We have just brought up 4 mares to watch closely - their 300 days is this weekend ... due mid February. Ours go out every day in a small pasture behind their stall doors. They are brought in every night. We do the bag check morning and evening.

Good luck to you! I can't wait for all the announcements to start coming - I can't watch the cams from work as the firewalls/security prevent me.

the 2/25 is her 340 due date. im thinking she could go anytime, i would just like to see her bag a big tfuller and tighter, and her milk needs to be sweeter. i cant wait for this baby!!

lacey is coming right along folks!! here are a few pics i took a few minutes ago!!!

lacey1142010008.jpg

Bag pic we stilll have a bit to go i think!

lacey1142010006.jpg

But look at that belly!! i think it has dropped... next is a pic of her from the 6th what do you tink?? dropped??

misc001.jpg

I will post a bag pic next thursday! im trying to do a pic update every week!!

Hey all! i just wanted to let you all know that my hubby is home (he has been gone for 3 weeks)YAY and the kids are gone YAY YAY! we are going on a date :tempted: if some one could keep an eye one miss lacey, i would sure appreciate it! we will be gone for a while !! dinner and a movie!! WOOHOOOOO!!! my roomie is home so u can call the house!

I'VE NOTICED ON MY MARES THAT THE VULVA AND RECTUM ARE ALINED TO LOOK AS ONE THEY ARE VERY-VERY CLOSE TO DELIVERY. NOT VERY SCIENTIFIC BUT WORTH WATCHING. MINE HAVE FOALED WITHIN 24 HRS. GOOD LUCK. I HAVE 2 MARES DUE IN MARCH, THEN I'LL BE ON BABY WATCH.

I'VE NOTICED ON MY MARES THAT THE VULVA AND RECTUM ARE ALINED TO LOOK AS ONE THEY ARE VERY-VERY CLOSE TO DELIVERY. NOT VERY SCIENTIFIC BUT WORTH WATCHING. MINE HAVE FOALED WITHIN 24 HRS. GOOD LUCK. I HAVE 2 MARES DUE IN MARCH, THEN I'LL BE ON BABY WATCH.
i will have to keep an eye on that!

I have always judged how close they are by the taste of their milk.. when it gets really sweet they are super close.

All I'm getting is a black screen. The camera says it is 645 your time, but I'm not seeing her. Darn, I'm wanting to do some mare staring in prep for my own next month.

amanda

hm.. you may need to delete all ur temp internet files.. its fine here! hope u can figgure it out! lacey has been down 2x tonite before 10pm...

It's up and running fine this morning. She's a beautiful mare, hope everything goes well.

amanda

ps just saw a kitten walk in the stall, look around and walk out again. Mare did not care at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY I got the cam to work - Lacey looks very close, love the cat coming and going - Lacey could care less - I think she is resting - all I see moving right now is the twitch of an ear!

I love this time of the year - it is always so much fun to see everyones brand new babies - my mares are all due much later so I will "practice" watching -

Just informing you that I am watching her and will be watching until about 3:30 pm. . ..got my eyes peeled for ya!
default_wink.png

Her bag is getting full, but looks like she has a way to go yet to me.... Cant see any mare stare stuff here, dang, but good luck on your upcoming foal!! How exciting!

Latest posts

Back