First foal for PTM Miniatures..Snowcap Filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundaymom

Reaction score
I have been watching one mare that was due for the last 2 weeks. Tuesday nite the storms that hit Dallas rolled through here, so I shut up all the mares for the night. Next morning as I'm feeding I find this newly out of the bag baby girl with a mare not due for 2 weeks. Is this not how it goes. Ha! Still watching the other mare...geesh!

May I present PTM Glorys Mattea, (probably Matty for short) a bay snow cap filly born April 4th at 19". Hard to tell in pictures but the white is underneath all the way to the shoulders. The first are when she was still wet and the other three are today with phone camera at one day old.

baby 2.JPG

baby 5.JPG

Mattea 4.JPG

Mattea 1.JPG

Mattea 2.JPG

Mattea 3.JPG

What a pleasant surprise! She's beautiful, and I love that blanket!! Congratulations!

Congratulations! What a cute surprise. And an elusive appy filly too!
default_smile.png

What a cutie! I'm so glad all went well!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
default_thumbup.gif

Thank you everyone. I'm not the best picture taker especially with my phone, so these really don't do her justice. She is a cutie pie.

I know, especially when reading other topics, that I was really blessed she made it out of the bag by herself. You can watch them like a hawk and still things can go wrong.

The reason I am so pleased with this foal is that the same thing happened last year, only with different results. Last year I watched Ki...cameras, buzzer etc, showed no signs that morning, not even a full bag, so let her out to exercise, went and got me some coffee, clean up and an hour later came back out to check her and found a dead foal. It was a snowcap filly, just like this one. KiKi is a mare that loves everybody's foals. I am so glad she has her own to love this year.

Congrats! She's a lovely little lady!
default_wub.png

Pat, I'm so happy for you and Ki!! What a beautiful filly! "Big" Ki, your Ki's dam, has been living with me temporarily for the last month. I will tell her she's a grandmother!

Congrats! Snowcap and filly-great combo
default_smile.png

She is so cute Pat! I am so glad it all went well this time- dang- she is just a sneaky mare spitting those babies out when nobody is looking. What a great way to start off the foaling season!

Does this make 100% fillies from your few spot boy too? Lea's fewspot has produced 100% fillies and all colored. Gosh, I hope mine does the same!!!

This is Sunday's mom's son. My mom has had eye surgery this morning & will not be able to see until maybe tomorrow. She wanted you all to know that I read your posts to her & would like to thank you.

She should be back to the forum in a few of days.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Pat!! Wish I was closer- I would come help and 'mare stare' for you while you are down for a few days!

Latest posts

Back