First 2011 Crayonbox Foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim~Crayonboxminiatures

Reaction score
Great to share some good news for a change! I'm so relieved to have this one behind me, I was so nervous and Canyon made me wait for 24 hours before she finally foaled!

Canyon had a buckskin colt around 8:30pm last night. He came with some flair, only 1 hoof and a nose that I could feel, but after reading the dystocia thread here and because he was progressing with each contraction, I decided to go with it and not worry about that second foot. After his head came out, I saw the 2nd foreleg was tucked under his chin, so I pulled on that one to help deliver the shoulders and he popped right out. He was limp at first, but breathing, so just gave me a few small moments of panic, but all is well. He is a feisty little guy! He is going to be a handful for his momma & me!

I was very surprised to see no white on him! Canyon's had 2 pintaloosas, and one leopard filly with a star, snip & white socks. He does have the appy sclera, and maybe some frosting over his rump, it's a little hard to tell. Hoping he will be hiding some appy markings.

I am very happy with Carnival's first foal, not as loud as I hoped, but I'm delighted that he is a buckskin, a first for me! I am in love!!
default_wub.png

I just watched our forecast for the week, so happy that Canyon foaled on our warmest night this week, snow and sleet possible for tomorrow!!
default_aktion033.gif

Still working on a name, but here are some "wet" photos.

IMG_6685-470x348.jpg

IMG_6697-472x350.jpg

IMG_6698-501x373.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Whhaaaa Whooooo!! He is just the cutest little colt ever!!!! Congrats
default_aktion033.gif

It was so good to get up this morning and hear your wonderful news! I am so happy for you. He is a lovely little guy. Can't wait to see him unfolded! A big sigh! Now... let the good foaling continue!!!

Congratulations on a beautiful boy
default_saludando.gif
Those one leg presentations can be scary till you can figure out where the other legs is
default_new_shocked.gif

Pretty boy, congratulations! He does look "frosty" over his hips, you will have to post dried off pictures of his real color.

Jan

Congratulations Kim!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
Glad to hear that your foaling went ok. Yep, I see some frost too! Nice boy!
default_wub.png

He's darling-and wow! It's amazing he fit inside that little momma
default_new_shocked.gif
So happy for you to have some new life to erase some of the bad and put a smile on your face. Can't wait to see more pictures!

I'm so glad to see you have a nice, healthy, buckskin colt!! Congratulations, and I'm betting that you will find some white hairs/spots under all that hair!

Pam

Latest posts

Back